Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Terror attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror attack

Back in 1998 there was a terror attack in my little town. A friend of mine and fellow church goer was shot and killed by three guys who'd stolen a water truck and were headed somewhere to do some evil.

Every time I climb in my water truck in the morning I think about what happened.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Jun18/0,4675,DesertManhunt,00.html

Clad in camouflage and bulletproof vests, the trio stole a water truck from Ignacio, Colo., and were rolling through Cortez, Colo., when Officer Dale Claxton saw them. He pulled his patrol car in behind the truck but made no attempt to stop it.
    Before other officers could join the pursuit, the truck pulled over and one man with an automatic weapon jumped out, pelting the police car with bullets. Claxton, 45, died with his seat belt still buckled, riddled with 29 bullet wounds.

© Copyright Original Source

The last Christian left at tweb

Originally posted by Trout View Post
    Back in 1998 there was a terror attack in my little town. A friend of mine and fellow church goer was shot and killed by three guys who'd stolen a water truck and were headed somewhere to do some evil.

Every time I climb in my water truck in the morning I think about what happened.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Jun18/0,4675,DesertManhunt,00.html

Clad in camouflage and bulletproof vests, the trio stole a water truck from Ignacio, Colo., and were rolling through Cortez, Colo., when Officer Dale Claxton saw them. He pulled his patrol car in behind the truck but made no attempt to stop it.
    Before other officers could join the pursuit, the truck pulled over and one man with an automatic weapon jumped out, pelting the police car with bullets. Claxton, 45, died with his seat belt still buckled, riddled with 29 bullet wounds.

© Copyright Original Source

Wow, man. That's a fascinating story. I don't mean to come across like a ghoul, especially since you knew people who died. It's a good reminder that when we see these things happen in the news, it's not just history happening, it's people's lives being destroyed and their loved ones being forced to confront a world where it sometimes seems, even to committed Christians, like God is not actually in charge if he's doing anything at all. Thanks for sharing that.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Here's an easier link to the article:

http://fourcornersfreepress.com/news/2007/070704.htm

After the manhunt died down, I spent weeks in those canyons looking for clues.

I managed a feed store at the time that sold blasting grade ammonium nitrate. The FBI crawled all over our records and questioned everyone on staff for hours.

It was surreal.
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Trout,

Your story has been percolating around in my head for a few days. I've looked for some other stories about it on line because it seems like the kind of story that a journalist would write a more extended book about. I also read the eyewitness interview article linked to in the main story.

It kind of reminded me--at least the manhunt in the wilderness areas--of the case of the missing German tourists in Death Valley. Another compelling read. That one's about a family--mother, father, and a couple of kids who when missing in southern California and their rented vehicle was found in Death Valley.

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/s...alley-germans/

I'm pretty sure it's a safe link, though there might be some mild profanity that has slipped through here and there in the telling. Don't really remember.

fwiw,
        guacamole
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment