Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.03.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.03.24

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Jehovah-Shalom, You are my Peace!
    Shalom!

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am.” (John 14:27–28, NLT)

I know I’ve written a great deal on PEACE yet because we live in anything but a peaceful world PEACE continues to be of prime importance in our lives. My PEACE story is if we can with our eyes through the evil and negativity and affix our sight and vision on Jesus we WILL experience a Peaceful Holy Spirit (God’s Vendor of PEACE) opening us up to who Jesus is and what His life was all about. One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned is when it comes to PEACE I cannot make or give it to anyone else I can only through my PEACE story spread it!

One of the most powerful examples of PEACE is found in chapter 4 of Mark’s Gospel. “And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. But he (Jesus) was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”” (Mark 4:37–40, ESV)

You know the story! A great windstorm rocked Jesus to sleep. It struck terror into seasoned fishermen/sailers. The seasoned fishermen/sailers thinking the grim reaper was close at hand woke Jesus. Jesus woke up and with three words rocks the storm to sleep. Jesus then looks at the disciples and say, “Why did you allow fear to overpower you, could you not see and experience how the PEACE of the Holy Spirit had gripped me?” But that’s not the end of the story because as Jesus rocked the storm asleep the God’s PEACE Vendor whipped up another storm only this one was in the disciples as they suddenly came face-to-face with who Jesus really was and how powerful His Word was.

I know I’ve written about my experience of complete PEACE as I faced life or death heart surgery in September of 2013. It was the first time I faced surgery where the Holy Spirit did not need to still the storm because no storm developed. I remember in June Doctor Batra telling us I would need heart surgery instead of being afraid feeling at PEACE. For me that was a miracle. Is it possible to experience a life or death windstorm with no storm? Yes and no. Yes so long as we not look at the effects of the storm but at the Jesus the source of PEACE. And no because like Peter in another storm at sea story. “But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”” (Matthew 14:30–31, NLT)

Come God’s PEACE Vendor, Come!

Every storm we face in life can be stilled even though the storm never dissipates by praying, “Jesus, save me!” Followed occasionally by, “Jesus, I believe, help my unbelief.”

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Hebrews 4:16, NLT

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X