Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The fake news media strikes again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fake news media strikes again...

This is the title of the article and summary:

Source: http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/03/23/oklahoma-lawmaker-defends-anti-abortion-bill-says-rape-and-incest-are-will-of-god/

Oklahoma lawmaker defends anti-abortion bill, says rape and incest are ‘will of God’

Oklahoma State Representative George Faught, the author of a controversial bill that would make it illegal in the state to pursue an abortion in the case of a genetic abnormality, made a powerful and potentially disturbing declaration of faith during questioning about the bill on the floor of the Oklahoma House on Tuesday. Asked by fellow state Representative Cory Williams about whether he considered rape to be the “will of God,” Faught boldly, if not necessarily unabashedly, answered in the affirmative.

“Well, you know, if you read the Bible, there’s actually a couple circumstances where that happened,” said Faught. “The Lord uses all circumstances. I mean, you can go down that path, but it’s a reality unfortunately.”

Williams then asked Faught whether he considered incest to be the “will of God” as well.

“Same answer,” said Faught. “Doesn’t deal with this bill.”

© Copyright Original Source

What a load of turd sandwiches!! He said no such thing! He acknowledged that rape and incest happen, and then explained God's sovereignty over creation, and that He can use horrible circumstances for His purposes. He never - EVER!!! said God wills rapes and incest.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Reminds me of something I saw on Fox news the other day about a law in Kentucky where they have to show and describe an ultrasound to a mother before giving her an abortion. The ACLU and Planned Parenthood are in a tizzy trying to stop it and they and their supporters (MSM) are doing everything they can to mischaracterize the law. They claim it is shaming the woman and against the first amendment.

Here is a fairly neutral article on it:
    http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/2...trasound-exam/

If the fetus is not alive, part of the mother, or not a person, what is there for the mother to be ashamed of? The fact that they admit she might be ashamed, shows that they and the mother knows the fetus is an innocent baby that they are killing. This makes it real. At least the mother should have to "look her baby in the eye" before killing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Reminds me of something I saw on Fox news the other day about a law in Kentucky where they have to show and describe an ultrasound to a mother before giving her an abortion. The ACLU and Planned Parenthood are in a tizzy trying to stop it and they and their supporters (MSM) are doing everything they can to mischaracterize the law. They claim it is shaming the woman and against the first amendment.

Here is a fairly neutral article on it:
      http://www.pressherald.com/2017/03/2...trasound-exam/

If the fetus is not alive, part of the mother, or not a person, what is there for the mother to be ashamed of? The fact that they admit she might be ashamed, shows that they and the mother knows the fetus is an innocent baby that they are killing. This makes it real. At least the mother should have to "look her baby in the eye" before killing it.
      Ultrasound (sonography) has been a major bane for the pro-abortion side. It makes it nearly impossible to characterize the unborn baby as merely a lump of tissue. It is what convinced one of the co-founders of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL), Bernard Nathanson, to abandon the pro-abortion movement, convert to Christianity and become staunchly pro-life. No wonder they hate it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Ultrasound (sonography) has been a major bane for the pro-abortion side. It makes it nearly impossible to characterize the unborn baby as merely a lump of tissue. It is what convinced one of the co-founders of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL), Bernard Nathanson, to abandon the pro-abortion movement, convert to Christianity and become staunchly pro-life. No wonder they hate it.
        Heck I think they should have to watch the abortion. And be given a recording of it to take home. If it is something to be celebrated like the prochoicers keep saying, they should want to remember it with a home video, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Heck I think they should have to watch the abortion. And be given a recording of it to take home. If it is something to be celebrated like the prochoicers keep saying, they should want to remember it with a home video, right?
          When I brought up the celebrate angle a few days ago this brought scoffing from the pro-abortionists like Tassman but as I replied
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Among certain elements it is virtually becoming a sacrament.

Earlier this year Planned Parenthood was able to gather 20 religious leaders to bless their newest center in Washington D.C. built next to an Elementary school. The president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington gushed, "In almost every message to our staff, I talk about our doing sacred work. This confirms the sacredness of the work we do." Providing abortions (and let's not kid ourselves, in spite of their protests to the contrary, that is pretty much PP's primary activity) is "sacred work" for these people.

And about the same time the TV show Degrassi: Next Class in an episode called "#IRegretNothing" has a 16 year old going to an abortion clinic where one of her friends says "Making that difficult choice and standing up for it? You’re courageous! We should go out and celebrate!" And they all go out to celebrate by having ice cream. They call it celebrating a second time when one proclaims that they're going "To celebrate Lola’s bravery!" Yeah real brave, killing a defenseless unborn baby. Maybe she should get a medal.

As an aside, the girl who had the abortion remarks that she doesn't feel sad about aborting her baby to which one of her classmates adds "A lot of women have abortions and feel no shame," and goes on to cite rapper Nicki Minaj as one celebrity who had an abortion while still in High School. What is left out is that in 2014 Minaj told Rolling Stone magazine that this decision has "haunted me all my life." Darn those pesky details.

Two years ago there was a piece in the Huffington Post urging women to celebrate Mother's Day with abortion. Talk about the world turned upside down. Since then others have celebrated Valentine's Day with abortion such as TeenVogue.com which posted a "What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this (crass and crude warning to those who click on it). And the Vegan website VegWeb.com was promoting a "Valentine’s Day Sale" for abortion pills.

And the entire #ShoutYourAbortion movement is little more than an effort to celebrate abortions

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This looks like celebrating to me:

http://shoutyourabortion.com/

Comment

Here is something about fake news:

Comment