Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Cool yer jets :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool yer jets :)

Hello everyone… Chris and Kristyn and I are brainstorming on things to get done and in what order and who else is doing to do what, but this is going to take some time.

We will be posting lists of things to do that need volunteers and other stuff as we think of it.

Right now, this is the order I think we are doing things in the near term.

1. Set up staff. This will be a bit fluid until everything is done as volunteers for specific tasks need to be given permissions during this interim time. The specific hierarchies might not be set up right away, i.e., moderators, deans, admins…. We are not going to automatically put everyone back on the list as there was inactive staff. If you were on staff, and you show back up, you are on. This allows us to see our needs. I was kinda out of it for a while in the past few years, and my memory is getting old, so please forgive me if I don't remember what position everyone had.

2. Set up forum areas. We will weed out the dead forum areas from the past list. This is not a good time to suggest new ones. If someone can get together a list of the forums, with the captions under them, that would be helpful. A volunteer to write the sub forum descriptions and guidelines would be helpful.

3. Set up the appearance templates. This is an area that may take a while as boom's hard drive crashed right before we did, and he is searching to see what image files he still has. If he doesn't have them, we may be doing a redesign.
    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    Hello everyone… Chris and Kristyn and I are brainstorming on things to get done and in what order and who else is doing to do what, but this is going to take some time.

We will be posting lists of things to do that need volunteers and other stuff as we think of it.

Right now, this is the order I think we are doing things in the near term.

1. Set up staff. This will be a bit fluid until everything is done as volunteers for specific tasks need to be given permissions during this interim time. The specific hierarchies might not be set up right away, i.e., moderators, deans, admins…. We are not going to automatically put everyone back on the list as there was inactive staff. If you were on staff, and you show back up, you are on. This allows us to see our needs. I was kinda out of it for a while in the past few years, and my memory is getting old, so please forgive me if I don't remember what position everyone had.

2. Set up forum areas. We will weed out the dead forum areas from the past list. This is not a good time to suggest new ones. If someone can get together a list of the forums, with the captions under them, that would be helpful. A volunteer to write the sub forum descriptions and guidelines would be helpful.

3. Set up the appearance templates. This is an area that may take a while as boom's hard drive crashed right before we did, and he is searching to see what image files he still has. If he doesn't have them, we may be doing a redesign.
    Would you mind if I helped with number 2?
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

It depends upon whether you have a good memory of what the old ones were, i.e. the forum descriptions and guidelines. Trying to keep things in that area pretty much as they were. It probably will be the area head mods that are going to have the best memory of that.

sigpic

Comment

All of the Forum Sections

Campus Life
        Newsdesk-TheologyWeb administration news and reports.
        Editorial Dept.-Featured TheologyWeb member articles.
        Honors Hall-Our forum professors choose their favorite posts. See if your post was worthy of the cost of that apple.
        Alumni Committee-Honorable mention given to the TheologyWeb member of the month.
        Intra-Varsity Relations
        Glory Seed-Glory Seed devotionals by GPiper.
        Deeper Waters
        Tektonics.org-Tektonics Apologetic Ministries.
        Perissos Resources-Perissos Resources
        Preterist Blog-Preterist Blog
        Student Union
        Lobby-If it isn't spam and there is no where else to put it.
        Rec Room-Serving the best Spam on the net since 1/2003.
        Amphitheater-Enjoy the entertainment and criticize the bad hot dogs.
        Computer Lab-Our resident geek, cirisme's homebase.
        Student Activities
        Game Room-Word Games, trivia and time killers.
        TWeeb World-TWeb's alter-ego for RPG'in!
        The Round Table-Topic: T.I.A. ....discuss!
        Fraternity-Cars, tools, women and *grunt*...guy stuff!
        Sorority-Martha Stewart, herb gardening and uhh...girl stuff!
        dizzle's dorm woom-da dizlyfe
        room that goes boom-The place to discuss all things Boom!
        cruiser's scratching post-This is probably the worst website I have ever seen!! Why on earth is this entertaining!? The pictures are of the same dang cat!
        Study Room
        Fancy a good book, share a poem, essay, or prose.

Litrature Section

Get the Espresso and join tWeb's book club.
        Moderators: QuantaFille, Alcoth, Cow Poke
        Sub-Forums: Reference Section

Fine Art Gallery
        Where you would otherwise stare at naked people without being called a perv.
        *This is NOT an endorsement to post nudity. Confusing huh?

|)191+4| /-\|2+5
        Official computer lab contests and image threads for all the pixel pushers and |33+5.

Chapel Bulletin
        Where you say a bunch of nice stuff to each other before getting all serious in the Sanctuary.

Missionary Board
        Missionary updates, praise reports and prayers.

Chaplain's Office
        Need a word of encouragement, some advice or prayer?

The Pulpit
        Where we preach at each other.

Memorial Garden
        "All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that’s the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life—a life that goes on and on and on, world without end." –The Apostle Paul, Romans 5.

Speech and DebateThreads / Posts Last Post
        “It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.” ― Bill Watterson
        *Heavily Moderated

Registration
        Propose your debate challenge here and take a ticket!
        Moderators validate posts.

Communication Studies 101
        Go one-on-one or not.
        non-moderated individual discussion.

Advanced Debate 301
        1-on-1, tag-team, handi-cap or steel cage matches with tables, ladders and chairs.
        Formal Debates - Moderators validate posts.

Liberal ArtsThreads / Posts Last Post
        “A child of five could understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.” ― Groucho Marx

Animal Husbandry 101
        Don't have a cow, man!

Home Economics 101
        Family issues regarding marriage, divorce, child development, homeschooling, and who should be in the kitchen.

Health Science 101
        Having played doctor doesn't mean we have a degree or even know what we are talking about.

Psychology 101
        Lets get mental.

Social StudiesThreads / Posts Last Post
        “God helps those who cannot help themselves.” ― Charles H. Spurgeon“

Civics 101
        The law of Moses vs. the law of the Land, current events, or the effects of bad hair days.

Political Science 301
        Putting the Ref back in Reference. Elections to Party Politics.

Economics 301
        From Ghetto ching-ching to Wall Street bling-bling.

Pro-Life Activism 301
        Our active commitment to defend the rights of unborn children.

Biblical Ethics
        "What Would Jesus Do?", is not the wisest thing to ask a 12 year old.

Systematic TheologyThreads / Posts Last Post
        “Heaven is important, but its not the end of the world” ― N.T. Wright

Christianity 201
        Laying on of hands isn't always a good thing. General topics within Christianity.
        Christian only

Ecclesiology 201
        Where the 95 Thesis of Martin Luther still hang. Catholicism, Protestantism and denominationalism.
        Christian only

Eschatology 201
        Pre-Terrorist or Preterist, end time events, kingdom promises and dispensationalism.
        Theist only

Theology 201
        Does God have a future? The attributes of God.
        Theist only

Biblical Languages 301
        Exegesis - Its not just for breakfast anymore.

World Religions Threads / Posts Last Post
        “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comparative Religions 101
        Different world religions, faiths, and unorthodox doctrines.

Unorthodox Theology 201
        Let the rocks fly.

Islam
        Asalama Lekum

Judaism
        The perfect place to use those Hebrew fonts.

LDS - Mormonism
        Name tags required.

JW - Watchtower Society
        Knock, knock...who's there?

Wicca | Neo-pagan Religions
        Goat heads and Harry Potter not welcome.

Theistic MetaphysicsThreads / Posts Last Post
        "You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you." — C.S. Lewis

General Theistics 101
        Apologetics Lite. Open discussion on theism.

Naturalism 101
        When you see the Godisnowhere sign and say of course "God is no where."
        Non-theist only

Philosophy 201
        Things that make you go hmmm...

Apologetics 301
        Apologetics isn't saying, "I am sorry."
        Exclusively Atheism vs. Theism

Cosmogony 201
        Discussion on science, origins, and how theology relates.
        Theist only

Applied Protology 301
        Something about YEC/OEC creationism only.
        Creationist only

Natural Science 301
        Study charts, really long words and throw pens at each other. Creation, Evolution, Anthropology, age of the earth stuff and Biology held here.

Archaeology 201
        Staring at rocks for a really long time. Archeology and Historical evidences.

Cultural Anthropology 201
        i think Mononoke has something to do with this... or maybe not.

Linguistic Anthropology 201
        Oh yea! We went there.

Church History 201
        Council at Jerusalem, Reformation, and where believers unite and scold each other.

Military History 201
        War! What is it good for! Absolutely nothing...except maybe this forum.

Political History 201
        The Magna Carta, The Constitution, other long documents and writer's cramp.

World History 201
        What "Age of the Empires" is all about. Discussions of civilizations and cultures.
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
          It depends upon whether you have a good memory of what the old ones were, i.e. the forum descriptions and guidelines. Trying to keep things in that area pretty much as they were. It probably will be the area head mods that are going to have the best memory of that.
          Just use the Wayback archival page as a backup for anything we can salvage.
          -Unknown

I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

CV Here! I was mostly in charge of the Table-Top RPG section, aka Tweeb. I'd be happy to handle that again once things start going. (As well as some suggestions when the time comes) :P
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              CV Here! I was mostly in charge of the Table-Top RPG section, aka Tweeb. I'd be happy to handle that again once things start going. (As well as some suggestions when the time comes) :P
              Hey, it's my favorite hangout guy. Get ahold of me when it's convenient..
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

To the best of my ability to tell, this is the last time they archived it before it went kablooey: https://web.archive.org/web/20130805...eb.com/campus/
                "The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Awesome, IC, that was very helpful. Do you know if any of the forum guidelines were archived? They were stickies inside each forum area that had the topic outlines and forum specific rules.

That list will be very helpful to only to put back the active forums…. i.e. such as until we get post of the day set back up, we won't set that area back up.

sigpic

Comment

I"m here if I recall i was in charge(department head of student Union, dormitory and amphetheter or what ever that was under.

Oh and unofficial title as Tweb Mom

Comment

I remember being blue for a whole bunch of stuff (Liberal arts, I think I was added to Apo 301, and civics later) I can do it all again. I don't mind helping with set up, I've been reading some and I THINK as long as I can ask the right person, I can set up a few things/test them,
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Luckily that last way back archive showed all the mod assignments

sigpic

Comment

I think that I had Political Science, Natural Science, and Civics. Those are the ones I remember anyway.

Comment

I have the BB code list. Is that helpful?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I found this:

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X