Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anti-trump protesters use pepper spray on Trump marchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-trump protesters use pepper spray on Trump marchers

Some anti-trump protesters, wearing masks, tried to block a pro-Trump march and when the marchers kept coming, they pepper sprayed them. Subsequently they got themselves beat up and then arrested by the police.

A pro-Trump rally turned violent in Huntington Beach, California, over the weekend, as counter-protesters doused marchers with pepper spray.

Three people were arrested on suspicion of illegal use of pepper spray and a fourth person was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery, according to Captain Kevin Pearsall of the California State Parks Police.

One of the people who was pepper sprayed was Jennifer Sterling, one of the organizers of the rally.

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Sterling said the event was intended to bring people together to show their support for President Trump his agenda, and our nation's military and first responders.

"It was a beautiful, beautiful celebration," Sterling said. "It was just unfortunate that we had a few bad kids out there that decided to be bullies."
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/2...ach-california

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Some anti-trump protesters, wearing masks, tried to block a pro-Trump march and when the marchers kept coming, they pepper sprayed them. Subsequently they got themselves beat up and then arrested by the police.
    Yep, but we are the violent ones.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Yep, but we are the violent ones.
      To clarify, the republicans did the beating up (not the cops) after they were pepper-sprayed. But none were arrested. Self defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        To clarify, the republicans did the beating up (not the cops) after they were pepper-sprayed. But none were arrested. Self defense?
        Yes, I saw it - one of the masked guys got the poop pounded out of him. Yes self-defense.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Yes, I saw it - one of the masked guys got the poop pounded out of him. Yes self-defense.
          Do you have any objective evidence that conservatives were peaceniks after the Obama election?

Because these claims are repeated a lot on tweb, but I haven't found any objective comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Do you have any objective evidence that conservatives were peaceniks after the Obama election?

Because these claims are repeated a lot on tweb, but I haven't found any objective comparisons.
            where are the hordes of videos of them assaulting Obama supporters?
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

See if you can find any reports or videos of violent demonstrations/riots by those opposed to Obama.

The Tea Party rallies were ridiculously peaceful in spite of the MSM characterizing them as being attended by dangerous fanatics. In fact the one thing that they seemed to have in common is that they tended to leave the areas that they rallied in cleaner than they were before they arrived. No over turned cars. No smashed windows. No police or rescue workers violently assaulted.

About the closest thing that I can remember is when Reps. John Lewis (D., Ga.), Andre Carson (D., Ind.) and Emanuel Cleaver (D., Mo.), all African Americans, got surrounded by shouting protesters as they entered a congressional office building when the vote on Obamacare was about to take place. The trio would frequently claim that they were called the n-word over and over, and Cleaver said he was intentionally spat upon. There is only one problem with this. A large number of reporters with cameras were right there in the thick of it and not one picked up anything that even remotely sounded like the n-word much less it being shouted repeatedly and nobody intentionally spat on Cleaver.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment