Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

planets forming here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planets forming here!

Here is a 'picture' taken from the ALMA Radio Telescope (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) of the start HL Tauri. It is not a particularly new image, but it represents not merely a visually stunning look at a planetary system forming around a young star, it represents the kinds of truly astounding advances that are being made in ground based observing at all wavelengths. The Telescope which took this image is actually an array of Radio Telescopes using interferometry to combine their separate images into a single high resolution image. This image, in fact, is clearer than can be obtained in visual light with the Hubble Space Telescope. From what we know of planetary formation, it is very likely at least some of the dark rings are gaps where planets are forming, where they have 'scouped up' the disk material as they grow.

Another in a long list of observations which must represent 'pretend', 'fake', or 'manufactured' elements of a 6000 year old universe.

ALMA_planetaryFormation_disk_eso1436a.jpg

And here - again - is another ALMA image of the planetary disk of star TW-Hydrae (probably uploaded by me in another thread given where it is on my computer :) )

TW-Hydrae-protoplanetary-close-in.jpg

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

cool.

Comment