Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post
    I am sure that sounds on topic to you, and I am inviting more abuse just by responding to you.

You are just trying to win as if this is a competition, while my efforts to discuss the topic are derailed by that kind of forum bullying.

I realize that you are very clever and skilled at it, but any discussion of the topic ends with your constantly trying to win.

You reject the message without any true consideration, and yet you are determined to sabotage any one else from discussing it on realistic terms.

It does not make the message as wrong, and it does not make you as the winner, as it just shuts out the truth and shuts down the discussion.
    No. apparently you just want everyone to agree with you and tell you how brilliant you are. Go get yourself a blog if that is what you want. This is a debate forrum. We argue with each other, and disagree. If it hurts your feelings that I and others are disagreeing with you then you need to grow a thicker skin, or skedaddle.

And in any discussion, people will make off topic comments here and there or "comments from the peanut gallery" - that is just how it goes. deal with it.

There is no "winning" or "losing" - just debating and discussion. Not blogging and preaching.

Comment

Clearly John Martin must have been another person that this forum has bullied just for trying to discuss improved enlightenment.

And he had the guts to use his name instead of anonymous.

I say that each of you who disparage him needs to be ashamed of your selves for rejecting a messenger of God.

No...John Martin started a lot of threads and as soon as someone challenged him with real facts, he would ask the mods to close the thread or he would stop responding and open a new thread with basically the same topic.

You keep saying you don't support Herbert Armstrong but you do his message....to me that's just reverse well poisoning. As Sparko said, this isn't your blog, this is you posting your opinion on what God's message is. I as a Christian take God's message VERY SERIOUSLY. If you want to convince me, it will take more than your say so that something is true. If you do not like that, then please take your "message" somewhere else. Heresy will get a lot of push back here.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Reply:

If anyone wants to discuss this topic then I would welcome that.

Just FYI.

Comment

Do you have any valid arguments?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Just FYI.
            Good Morning James Cusick,

I read your response back to me and that's fine you don't have to respond back to any of my posts or at least, have no comment. Pointing toward some of your earlier comments about the lost ten tribes - well, our heritage is apart of all that. And, if you're referring to the French side, the last name is Parisian - on my grandmother's side and on my father's side it is Welch, Scott-Irish. The story, and some say it is a myth, from my dad's side of the family (relatives) is that the family (in name) will usher in the three kings from back home. As a matter of fact, the family is very large, some have taken an interest on its origins. The variations is spelt differently depending on where you live - Irish (if your in Kentucky) or Welsh (if your in the coal miner's area) and Indiana or Chicago if you claimed the French heritage rights, and some still celebrate their independence from the British, if you're in Canada - we took the backbone in this country straight down the line to New Orleans, LA. The myth of the three kings has been a long time coming and some back home are anticipating it. Whether or not its biblical, not sure - I guess it would have to be.

You're assumptions and what was written about how the Israelite had been scattered throughout the world- are true, and like the phrase describes the diaspora Jewish (on my mother's side) - and as scripture notes, Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew so like the Jews, they descend upon the other nations as rain and like the dew. However, you neglect to read the entire bible and know that God "sent many saviors" and then one mighty one - but then, and being repetitive, John 1, God salvation came through Christ and through him all creation was made (see Colossians 1:16, For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him). Whether or not the people listened to the prophets, were no different than the exodus or the time out in the desert. During the Passover, and speaking of the 9th plague "Darkness for three days Ex. 10:21–29 The Ninth Plague: "total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or leave his place for three days." There is a very good comment on this:

"When Moses stretches forth his hand toward the heavens, a thick darkness appears throughout the land of Egypt for a three day period. No man could see his brother, nor could anyone rise from his place for a three day period. But, for all the Children of Israel, there was light in their dwellings."

This phrase is a comment back to you, for the number of good years that the prophet Yousef/Yosef/Josef lived (in Europe and the Israelite, Jews in Middle East spell it) came the number of bad years after the patriarch died. As the Exodus story begins, "Now Joseph and all his brothers and all that generation died, 7 but the Israelites were exceedingly fruitful; they multiplied greatly, increased in numbers and became so numerous that the land was filled with them. 8 Then a new king, to whom Joseph meant nothing, came to power in Egypt."- you can be so blinded about your brother that the "heart" can be in darkened. Those, "words “three days” appear twice in the verse, the plague of darkness lasted for at least six days. There is a difference between the first three days and the last three days. During the first three days there was a darkness of gloom, when “no man could see his brother.” During the second three day period, however, the Torah reports that “no man could rise from his place.” This could be as a metaphor - as well. As if God, not only can prevent the rain from falling - God can also close the soul/heart from seeing.

You can not predict what God's final judgment will be....because, God gives a time to reprieve. For example: God is a merciful God, willing to forgive all those who repent (see 2 Peter 3:9). The Ninevites were Gentiles, yet God still extended His salvation to them. In His goodness, God warned the Assyrians before sending judgment, giving them a chance to repent.

It is difficult for us to "make judgment" out of scripture because we really don't know what the out come will be! But like you, in the story of Jonah, Jonah’s desire to see Nineveh destroyed. First, Nineveh was the capital city of Assyria, a ruthless and warlike people who were enemies of Israel. Nineveh’s destruction would have been seen as a victory for Israel. Second, Jonah probably wanted to see Nineveh’s downfall to satisfy his own sense of justice. After all, Nineveh deserved God’s judgment. Third, God’s withholding of judgment from Nineveh could have made Jonah’s words appear illegitimate, since he had predicted the city’s destruction.

The whole book of the act of the apostles - was to get people to turn toward God. The purpose was to "enlighten" people to God's mercy and truth. Like yourself, people have to be "tuned in" to God's word. They have to see the God as being compassionate and loving. You hear on the radio, from listeners, that the bible depicts God (during the middle of the old testament) as a God of wrath, correct? God has many personas - that might be one of them but He is good, merciful and has righteous judgment. The prayer that Jesus taught us to say begins with exclaiming God as our Father, then asks to give our portion of what is needed, then teaches us to forgive us as we forgive others and last your will done. In Sirach 23, the passage states:

Whoever exacts vengeance will experience the vengeance of the Lord, who keeps strict account of sin. 2 Pardon your neighbour any wrongs done to you, and when you pray, your sins will be forgiven. 3 If anyone nurses anger against another, can one then demand compassion from the Lord? 4 Showing no pity for someone like oneself, can one then plead for one's own sins? 5 Mere creature of flesh, yet cherishing resentment!-who will forgive one for sinning? 6 Remember the last things, and stop hating, corruption and death, and be faithful to the commandments.7 Remember the commandments, and do not bear your fellow ill-will, remember the covenant of the Most High, and ignore the offence.

My last reply, I would love to see both countries be under God's protection. As both countries, in my eyes, have done great things for many people - we still as a country have a lot to smoothen out. The heritage, and stories of our family - and the moves, were about how our ancestors made in this country and found the courage to build what they earned and to strengthen. It is our generation that needs to see this - in every family. What other places do you know of that can house so many people and take of them? Not a lot. Build and strength in faith toward God.
            Last edited by Marta; 04-12-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Correction: Sirach 28

Comment

Just FYI.
                Which is what everyone has been doing. And showing you that your (and Armstrong's) claims are nonsense. What more can we discuss? You have not defended the claim at all other than to refer back to the book, over and over. By the way, arguing by referring to an outside source is "argument by weblink" which is against our rules. You can refer to an outside source but you need to either paraphrase it to bolster your own argument or cite the actual argument in the post. You can't just say "go read chapter 9!" or "see this link:"

Just FYI.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Marta View Post
                  My last reply, I would love to see both countries be under God's protection. As both countries, in my eyes, have done great things for many people - we still as a country have a lot to smoothen out. The heritage, and stories of our family - and the moves, were about how our ancestors made in this country and found the courage to build what they earned and to strengthen. It is our generation that needs to see this - in every family. What other places do you know of that can house so many people and take of them? Not a lot. Build and strength in faith toward God.
                  You do have the right idea here, Marta, and this part of your comment is directly in accord with this thread topic - that the USA and Britain are to be punished by God for our sins and rebellion, and the times are to get much worse (7 times worse, per Leviticus 26:14-39).

The point of the message is that the USA and Britain were blessed (past tense) but next comes the wrath of God onto these sinful nations and people.

Comment

The USA and the UK did not as a country enter into a covenant with God. Now individuals within that countries have(we call those folk Christians), but not all of them. As a result, God may just ignore us and leave us to our own devices. Then again, God judged Israel by just letting the nations surrounding her do what they wanted(i.e. conquer some prime trade routes). But that doesn't mean the same holds for today. It might mean we should be careful, but I'm not expecting ten plagues style disasters.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

You do have the right idea here, Marta, and this part of your comment is directly in accord with this thread topic - that the USA and Britain are to be punished by God for our sins and rebellion, and the times are to get much worse (7 times worse, per Leviticus 26:14-39).

The point of the message is that the USA and Britain were blessed (past tense) but next comes the wrath of God onto these sinful nations and people.
                      Let's talk about this subject because I think you brought up a good topic to the board - James. I not putting the thread down, I'm just wondering why you think that the U.S and the U.K will be punished?

You said that, in the past tense, that both these countries were at one time blessed? Where do you feel that the change started? I brought up the story of the Exodus and the verse for a reason. Prior to the Exodus, the patriarch Joseph, "saved" Egypt from a terrible famine but if the brothers (twelve tribe) hadn't dealt with Joseph cruelly then what would have happened? The end of the Genesis states not only about the end of days - which never was really told because God prevented Jacob from telling the brothers, but also, the brother (being afraid of Joseph) approached Joseph but what was his reply back to them: Genesis 50, "19 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them."

The main thought to that verse is exactly the point I wanted to make with you - what may seem cruel and wicked, might just be within God's plan for a reason. Giving thought to that verse, "You intended to harm me .....but God intended it for good to accomplish. Again, pointing to the subject in the same breath, toward the crucifixion of Jesus. What was done!!! to Jesus was cruel!! but it saved many lives!

Habakkuk 1 New International Version (NIV) 3 Why do you make me look at injustice?Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
                      Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds.

4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted."

(Then read 89:14). - Remember what Jesus taught all of us - 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.…

In Matthew 5 he tells us the same thing, "17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18 For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

The "Law" stands on the foundation of righteousness and justice and they are the foundation of His throne. Jesus told the story of the Unjust Judge and the Persistent Widow, right? How did Jesus describe this man, He did not fear God (Selfish) He did not respect men. This man is the exact opposite of what we know to be the two greatest commandments - loving God and loving your neighbor. The Persistent Widow (the way requests are made) Her coming - She is persistent. Imperfect tense in Greek. She keeps on coming.

The Lord’s Answer: Habakkuk 1

5 “Look at the nations and watch—
                      and be utterly amazed.
                      For I am going to do something in your days
                      that you would not believe,
                      even if you were told.

*******IN THIS VERSE: Habakkuk 2New International Version (NIV)

For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
                      it speaks of the end
                      and will not prove false.
                      Though it linger, wait for it;
                      it will certainly come
                      and will not delay.

And so, in the same breath as this verse, with the unjust judge, what happens? He answers because she is annoying him.

The Just Judge (The reason why requests are answered) “Now shall not God bring about justice” (vs. 7) -- The first reason is because of the character of God. He is just. Jesus used an example of an unjust judge as a contrast with God who is just. God can be trusted to be a just God--to make right decisions. Psa 145: God covers his acts with hesed (loyal-love).◦“for his elect who cry to Him day and night.” (vs. 7)
                      Last edited by Marta; 04-15-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

and so like Noah and Abraham - there is so much preaching you can do, period, then you have to let God step into the problem. Abraham, as the story goes, asked God if there be but 50 righteous would He save the city for those 50 righteous? When it came to Noah, there's so much preaching one can do - and then, the gates/doors have to be shut. And with the Exodus, 9th plague - the darkness that covered the land, the verses is said The greatest darkness is when "a man sees not his fellow"

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          The USA and the UK did not as a country enter into a covenant with God. Now individuals within that countries have(we call those folk Christians), but not all of them. As a result, God may just ignore us and leave us to our own devices. Then again, God judged Israel by just letting the nations surrounding her do what they wanted(i.e. conquer some prime trade routes). But that doesn't mean the same holds for today. It might mean we should be careful, but I'm not expecting ten plagues style disasters.

Deuteronomy 28 - Blessing and Cursing. You read in Nehemiah 1 - he cried to the Lord to forgive the sin of their ancestors and for the present generation. Again, we read this in Daniel 9.

However, the story of Jacob is a eye opener, as well, not only from the perspective that the story lead to the Exodus and the Israelite's departure but also, how Jacob, himself, departed from his father in law - the similarities. When Jacob worked the land, it prospered - Jacob’s Flocks Increased and Laban knew that he was blessed by God through Jacob - ( John 21:6) - and - , "26"Give me my wives and my children for whom I have served you, and let me depart; for you yourself know my service which I have rendered you." 27 But Laban said to him, "If now it pleases you, stay with me; I have divined that the LORD has blessed me on your account." 28He continued, "Name me your wages, and I will give it."…Genesis 30.

************************Read

James Cusick -

The people who were given the birthright promise were to be called after the name of Isaac = as in Saxon (sons of Isaac).

Genesis 21:12 "... for in Isaac shall thy seed be called."
                          Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post

If they were Israellites, they would have used either "ben" from Hebrew or "bar" from Aramaic.
                          Marta: Faber - this is true. Ben or Bar - is refer to as "Son of" but these were Israelites who had adopted or were referred to a specific family/house and some times took on a city's name or a job function. Remembering my gggreat grandfather.

"Until this period, Jewish names generally changed with every generation. For example, if Moses son of Mendel (Moyshe ben Mendel) married Sarah daughter of Rebecca (Sora bas Rifke), and they had a boy and named it Samuel (Shmuel), the child would be called Shmuel ben Moyshe. If they had a girl and named her Feygele, she would be called Feygele bas Sora."
                          READ MORE

PATRONYMICS (son of ...)

In Yiddish or German, "son" would be denoted by "son" or "sohn" or "er." In most Slavic languages, like Polish or Russian, it would be "wich" or "witz."

In the ancient past it was very common for large numbers of people to move or travel long distances, just as the Bible tells that Israel was moved to Assyria, and the people of Judah (the Jews) were moved to Babylon. And a big population back then was maybe 10,000 people while 100,000 was a massive population, so moving to a different land was not so complicated, and many people were still nomadic.

True, again - and, for our ancestry - 1st temple period Jews, I'm assuming, we venture down to North Africa, Morocco:

"The most ancient communities of African Jews are the Ethiopian, Sephardi, and Mizrahi Jews of North Africa and the Horn of Africa." - Remnants of longstanding Jewish communities remain in Morocco, Tunisia, and the Spanish cities of Ceuta and Melilla. There is a much-diminished but still vibrant community on the island of Djerba in Tunisia.

However! I found ours in the tribal lands of the Atlas Mountains region, among the Berber tribes. Don't know if this is true - if it is, the Jarawa, Uled Jari, and some tribes of the Daggatun people, converted to Judaism. Which I don't think that it is because the last name is long standing among the Jewish people and since we're considered as "one of" the head of the families. Again, just speculating on this thought.

Jews in Africa

B'nai Jeshurun - songs Avinu Malkenu, third-oldest Ashkenazi. Mostly the Jews from Arab territories are Sephardi. Sephardic And Egalitarian | B'nai Jeshurun

James Cusick: "Jesus said that no one knows the time or hour (or the specific date) but we can see the signs of the times."
                          "but we can see the signs of the times"

Sometimes - they can be deceiving.
                          Last edited by Marta; 04-15-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            God made the covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and the promise of God for their descendants in the latter days has to be fulfilled.

The USA and the UK never needed to make any covenant with God, because God made the covenant and that is what counts.

When people (like Christians or others) make a human covenant with God then it is just human and not a Divine covenant.

I too am not expecting anything like the ten plagues - but it does say it will be a time of severe troubles and that is quite enough for me.

-----------------------------------------

Let's talk about this subject because I think you brought up a good topic to the board - James. I not putting the thread down, I'm just wondering why you think that the U.S and the U.K will be punished?
                            The Bible tells us that we will be punished for our disobedience and rebellion against God.

The USA and the UK are particular people who have received great blessing and are thereby required to do great service for God.

The Bible also tells that punishment from God is like the chastisement from a loving parent, so even the punishment from God is really a blessing.

You said that, in the past tense, that both these countries were at one time blessed? Where do you feel that the change started?
                            My understanding is that the change started directly after the second world war (WW2) with what is called the "greatest generation" (really the most spoiled and selfish generation - IMO) because they were the chosen ones.

This is why it is such a slow process as that generation slowly dies away then the blessing slowly die away too, and the cursings or punishments slowly start to rise up.

My prediction based on the available info as told in that BOOK is that the end will become official when Queen Elizabeth II dies, because she will mark the end of that generation coming to a close.

Comment

God made the covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and the promise of God for their descendants in the latter days has to be fulfilled.

The USA and the UK never needed to make any covenant with God, because God made the covenant and that is what counts.

When people (like Christians or others) make a human covenant with God then it is just human and not a Divine covenant.

I too am not expecting anything like the ten plagues - but it does say it will be a time of severe troubles and that is quite enough for me.

-----------------------------------------

The Bible tells us that we will be punished for our disobedience and rebellion against God.

The USA and the UK are particular people who have received great blessing and are thereby required to do great service for God.

The Bible also tells that punishment from God is like the chastisement from a loving parent, so even the punishment from God is really a blessing.

My understanding is that the change started directly after the second world war (WW2) with what is called the "greatest generation" (really the most spoiled and selfish generation - IMO) because they were the chosen ones.

This is why it is such a slow process as that generation slowly dies away then the blessing slowly die away too, and the cursings or punishments slowly start to rise up.

My prediction based on the available info as told in that BOOK is that the end will become official when Queen Elizabeth II dies, because she will mark the end of that generation coming to a close.
                              The bible tells us that God doesn't change. Well, considering this, then God doesn't change in his judgments or how He probes the thoughts of man. When Moses went back to God after seeing how the Egyptians "mistreated the Israelites", he said, "“Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? 23 Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.” 6 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country." Remember what was written in the book of the prophet Habakkuk 1:5 “Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Given those two passages, God dealt with Pharaoh on his own level in the Exodus. When the three angels came to visit Abraham, off toward the side - God said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.” The second passage is (also) exactly a point, Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike."

Point being is this, you can not wipe away the incident with the guilty nor can "one" judge under their own merit. The entire country isn't wicked - only a few and not the many. In the end of days, God will save a remnant of the people for the final battle. As I pointed out in Matthew 5, "not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"...20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Also, in the end of days, Jacob was about to tell the twelve tribes what to expect - however, the angels (as they say) stop him, Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.…. So how could Jacob explain it to the twelve tribes? How can "God's creation - know"? We can not know. Again, we see the times changing - as we read the changing of the times in the Exodus. The apostle Paul told us that it was 430 years before the Israelites came and received the Torah - the law. Appeasements - God will hold off on his judgment but even so, when we see that the times (and they become visible) we still have more prophecy to go.

During WWII, many changes were occurring within the Jewish religion that started the ball rolling. Reform Judaism was on the rise and that really sent sound ways down the channels. As a matter of fact, and looking at the grave stone on my grandfather's grave, I (always) thought that he left during the time of the holocaust. Not so,his father left the country prior, however, things were on the rise even before WWII. The authenticity of the Torah was in question by the reform movement and why they had to follow such strict laws. The reformers leaned on the Apostle Paul movement and the validity of the law - Halacha. Reform Judaism was the first of the modern responses to the emancipation of the Jews, a political process that occurred over an extended period. *and this was the period of time when my ggreat grandfather left Europe - 1845* "Reform rabbinical conferences in Brunswick in 1844, Frankfurt in 1845, and Breslau in 1846 gave rabbis an opportunity to clarify their beliefs and the practices that could follow from them. A debate over the use of Hebrew in the services led Zacharias Frankel to walk out of the 1845 conference, a moment many see as the beginning of the historical school, which advocated positive-historical Judaism."

See: Aleppo Codex
                              1. There is a long comment about compound names (such as “Elitsur,” which is composed of the words “Eli” [my God] and “tsur” [rock]), stating that in Torah scrolls, these should be written as a single word: These should be written as one word and read that way, and we find them in the work of the great scholar Aharon Ben Moshe Ben Asher in his works in the codex called altaj: All the names of the princes and [those called] and their fathers .. [the text presents a list of names here] Contrary to the practice of Masoretic comments, the Masorete mentions the source that he depends upon here, and he states that he copied the list from the [B]“codex” written by the great scholar Aharon Ben Asher, which is known as “altaj,” or, in Hebrew, Haketer, the crown.[/B]

So the codex would validate the authenticity......

Sources:

Reform Judaism

Comment

Reply:

Remember what was written in the book of the prophet Habakkuk 1:5 “Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."

Given those two passages, God dealt with Pharaoh on his own level in the Exodus. When the three angels came to visit Abraham, off toward the side - God said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.” The second passage is (also) exactly a point, Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike."

Point being is this, you can not wipe away the incident with the guilty nor can "one" judge under their own merit. The entire country isn't wicked - only a few and not the many. In the end of days, God will save a remnant of the people for the final battle.
                                No - the entire Country and every citizen does share the guilt, and that is a point about democracy too that all the people are represented in the Government.

The fact that God might save a few remnant in the final battle is fine, but the guilt of the USA and of Britain is still shared by all their citizens.

I myself do not support the evils of the USA government nor of our evil society, but I accept that I do share the guilt of the guilty.

Comment