Thread: The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Preaching Thread:

The very best book about the elder (the Old) Testament is this one below:

Read it online = The United States and Britain in Prophesy, by H.W. Armstrong

Or you can buy that book for very little = Amazon.com, for $5.99

No book is more enlightening about the Hebrew scriptures than that one.

And of course it is also about us here and now in the 21st century.

The Pulpit:

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    IIRC Armstrong was into that terrible British Isrealistism nonsense
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

3. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Red face Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Armstrong (published 1975) got and shortened that message from an earlier source book called = Judah Scepter and Joseph's Birthright published 1902.

The old book is long and tedious, while the newer book is so much easier.

I do often have trouble getting people to separate the message from the messenger, in that I do not preach Armstrong but I do preach that particular book.

Too many people just attack that messenger while avoiding the message.

Anyway - I am offering the topic for discussion if anyone wants to discuss the subject, but I do not want to discuss that person.

This section of the forum called the Pulpit is said to preach - so this is my preaching and mine is far improved over the Armstrong preachings.

Calling it as "British Israelism" leaves out the USA so I do not call it that way.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think claims that the ten lost tribes of Israel migrated up into Northwest Europe is a claim based on at best tenuous evidence that often tortures the facts to reach the conclusions desired and refuted by numerous lines of evidence including genetics

I'm always still in trouble again

6. Amen Raphael amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Both Herbert W. Armstrong and his son Garner Ted Armstrong although IIRC there was some sort of schism between them. And IIRC, Mary Baker Eddy was a supporter.

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Unhappy Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post
    This section of the forum called the Pulpit is said to preach - so this is my preaching and mine is far improved over the Armstrong preachings.
    Okay - so I was mistaken about the "Pulpit" being for preaching, even though it says that on the front page, but then inside the Pulpit guidelines say quite differently - as I see that now.

So this thread being moved here to "Unorthodox Theology" is fine by me.

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think claims that the ten lost tribes of Israel migrated up into Northwest Europe is a claim based on at best tenuous evidence that often tortures the facts to reach the conclusions desired and refuted by numerous lines of evidence including genetics
    It is based on the Bible, and yes a lot of people view the Bible as "tenuous evidence" but in this case - I do not.

It is also based on well established human history and that is not "tenuous evidence".

What I do not like is when people give no reasoning and no examples and no specifics as they just deny without any basis.

As in saying it is not true because it is not true. = give no reasoning and no examples and no specifics as they just deny without any basis.
    Saying the evidence is not credible = giving no reasoning and no examples and no specifics as they just deny without any basis.
    They do not like the message because they do not like it = = giving no reasoning and no examples and no specifics as they just deny without any basis.
    And of course the ever ready option of attacking the messenger without addressing the message.

I prefer honest discussion about the merits and the faith.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Personally, I find the idea that the British are the descendants of Troy to be much more fascinating (it's also much more venerable).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Unhappy Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Personally, I find the idea that the British are the descendants of Troy to be much more fascinating (it's also much more venerable).
    If you do not want to discuss the topic then why are you posting here?

You could start your own topic about "the British are the descendants of Troy" and no one is stopping you from doing that.
    Something that you consider as venerable!

Unless you simply want to derail this topic.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

It is based on the Bible, and yes a lot of people view the Bible as "tenuous evidence" but in this case - I do not.

It is also based on well established human history and that is not "tenuous evidence".
    Easy to assert but very difficult to establish especially considering all of the contradictory evidence.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you do not want to discuss the topic then why are you posting here?
    I wanted to express my opinion on the topic, so I did. It's not like the ten tribes were even lost to begin with.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist