Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Wink Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Easy to assert but very difficult to establish especially considering all of the contradictory evidence.
    Naysayers always pull out contradictory stuff when there is no real contradiction.

I would be happy to assert all kinds of evidence but any contradictory claim must first be made as otherwise I would have to reference that entire book.

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It's not like the ten tribes were even lost to begin with.
    A person would really need to read the book in order to really be informed, and that is asking a lot of you.

The message is not so much as the ten tribes being lost - but about them being found.

God never lost anyone.

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Red face Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post

The very best book about the elder (the Old) Testament is this one below:

Read it online = The United States and Britain in Prophesy, by H.W. Armstrong

Or you can buy that book for very little = Amazon.com, for $5.99

No book is more enlightening about the Hebrew scriptures than that one.

And of course it is also about us here and now in the 21st century.
    The best argument for this topic that I can think up is that if we believe in a real Father-God that rules in the affairs of mankind (as I do) and that this real God is actively working in this world - then - then we must wonder about how the USA and Britain would fit into God's plan since these two nations have dominated the entire planet earth for over 300 years, and so if Bible prophesy failed to mention this huge significant reality of the US & Britain in prophesy then that would be a big piece of evidence that God was not in touch with our reality.

Of course the truth is shown in that message that the real God is actively involved in humanity and everything is going as planned by the Bible accounts.

This particular message in that book is in fact realistic proof of the real existence of God, because with this we can see it and know it instead of just blind belief.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Bad math. Britain really only became dominant since post Napoleonic times.

I'm always still in trouble again

4. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Lightbulb Reply:

Bad math. Britain really only became dominant since post Napoleonic times.
    I just do not accept that "dominance" is the dating criteria, but if it were then yes it could arguably be 200 years and not 300.

The nation of England did not become Britain (or Great Britain) until the Scottish King James took over England in 1603. The same King James who authorized the KJV Bible. So we could use that 1603 date which would be 400 years. Otherwise in the 1700's (300 years) the American colonies were growing fast, and in the 1700's Britain was already in South Africa, in India, Australia, in Canada, and so the math can be debated, but the reality is still there to be seen.

The bigger point is that the Bible under the inspiration of God can hardly overlook such dominating superpowers of the 18th through the 21st century and still claim to be prophesy from God.

And as told in that book = Chapter 9 - "... that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days." Genesis 49:1

Prophesy for the "last days" - not the middle days or the before Christ days or the after Christ days but the LAST DAYS, and those are the key words.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The best argument for this topic that I can think up is that if we believe in a real Father-God that rules in the affairs of mankind (as I do) and that this real God is actively working in this world - then - then we must wonder about how the USA and Britain would fit into God's plan since these two nations have dominated the entire planet earth for over 300 years, and so if Bible prophesy failed to mention this huge significant reality of the US & Britain in prophesy then that would be a big piece of evidence that God was not in touch with our reality.

Of course the truth is shown in that message that the real God is actively involved in humanity and everything is going as planned by the Bible accounts.

This particular message in that book is in fact realistic proof of the real existence of God, because with this we can see it and know it instead of just blind belief.
    Respectfully (and assuming you're from either of those countries, pardon me if otherwise), you are not that important. If you see it that way, good for you I guess, but I'm not really buying the "God should have talked about US --pun intended--, else He isn't around" idea.

As a dude in college who sometimes comes here, I don't think I'll be able to read the book in the OP. If its thesis is presumably so important to know in 'our times', would you mind summarizing the important points and their basis for my/our consideration and discussion?

Thanks!

Bisto.
    Last edited by Bisto; 04-04-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Smile Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Bisto View Post
    Respectfully (and assuming you're from either of those countries, pardon me if otherwise), you are not that important. If you see it that way, good for you I guess, but I'm not really buying the "God should have talked about US --pun intended--, else He isn't around" idea.
    The Countries are important to God, and the entire world events are important to God, and it does not really mean that other Countries or places are of less importance.

As like the foundation of a house is super important and yet it is mostly invisible, and so the house itself seems far more important then the unseen foundation.

The USA and Great Britain are important both for their accomplishments and for their extensive and wanton sins.

As a dude in college who sometimes comes here, I don't think I'll be able to read the book in the OP.
    I myself hate it when some one post a long link to read as it is asking too much from people and here I posted an entire book to read.

So to shorten the message that book is basically summarized in its Chapter 9, linked HERE.

If its thesis is presumably so important to know in 'our times', would you mind summarizing the important points and their basis for my/our consideration and discussion?
    That is a BIG challenge and I like challenges so I will try to summarize the point.

The point of that message is that God is in control of the entire earth and all of humanity, and we humans are being played and orchestrated to the will of God and that is a fact and a TRUTH.

That message of prophesy makes so that we do not have to just believe, because through it we can know the extraordinary truth that God is not just real but that God is actively involved in our human existence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just do not accept that "dominance" is the dating criteria, but if it were then yes it could arguably be 200 years and not 300.

The nation of England did not become Britain (or Great Britain) until the Scottish King James took over England in 1603. The same King James who authorized the KJV Bible. So we could use that 1603 date which would be 400 years.
    Now you're just shoehorning dates to fit your already pre-determined conclusion. You previously declared:

then we must wonder about how the USA and Britain would fit into God's plan since these two nations have dominated the entire planet earth for over 300 years
    But Britain did not "[dominate] the entire earth" since 1603. Far from it.

Otherwise in the 1700's (300 years) the American colonies were growing fast, and in the 1700's Britain was already in South Africa, in India, Australia, in Canada, and so the math can be debated, but the reality is still there to be seen.
    Many other European powers also had empires that were global in extent during this time. Spain was well entrenched in North America (Mexico and the Carribean), controlled nearly all of South America, and had colonies in Africa and Asia as well. France arguably had more territory in North America under their control than did Britain (although not for long -- but Britain would also lose control of a great deal of their holdings in North America as well), South America, huge swaths of Africa, and scattered but significant holdings in Asia.

Britain, as I said, would not become the predominant world power until post-Napoleonic times.

The bigger point is that the Bible under the inspiration of God can hardly overlook such dominating superpowers of the 18th through the 21st century and still claim to be prophesy from God.
    That's just, pardon my bluntness, just nuts. Aside from the fact that the 21st cent. has just begun, does the Bible mention the dominance that Spain and Portugal enjoyed during the 15th and 16th centuries as well? If not do you think that means that the Bible cannot be prophesy from God? Does the Bible mention the Mongolian domination from Genghis Khan's time and through his many successors? Or the Muslim caliphates? Could it be little more than blatant egocentric pride and hubris that makes one claim that if the U.S. and Britain's current dominance is not alluded to in Scripture then it cannot be considered prophesy from God?

And as told in that book = Chapter 9 - "... that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days." Genesis 49:1

Prophesy for the "last days" - not the middle days or the before Christ days or the after Christ days but the LAST DAYS, and those are the key words.
    Let me get this straight, Jesus explicitly told us that no man knows when the end times will be but some schumck hawking a book on the topic, one that he was selling for a prophet, did? IOW, God informed someone so he could turn around and sell the knowledge. That is your position?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Let me get this straight, Jesus explicitly told us that no man knows when the end times will be but some schumck hawking a book on the topic, one that he was selling for a prophet, did? IOW, God informed someone so he could turn around and sell the knowledge. That is your position?
    I see what ya did thar.

10. Amen One Bad Pig, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I myself hate it when some one post a long link to read as it is asking too much from people and here I posted an entire book to read.

So to shorten the message that book is basically summarized in its Chapter 9, linked HERE.
    Thank you very much for the link to the summary, makes it much easier to see the message...

It's readily apparent that the author had extremely poor exegetical skill as practically every point has partial verses cobbled together with another partial verse...(sometimes as few as 2 or 3 words per verse.) Take for instance the this point:
    Source: Chapter Nine Summary

According to Hosea 12:1: "Ephraim . . . followeth after the east wind." An "east wind" travels west. Ephraim must have gone west from Assyria. When the Eternal swore to David that He would perpetuate his throne, He said: "I will set his hand [sceptre] also in the sea" (Ps. 89:25). The throne is to be "set," planted, "in the sea." -

© Copyright Original Source

Here the author totally misses the metaphoric language of prophecy and ascribes a literal interpretation to a concept that in pretty much every other instance in the Bible is known to be metaphoric. The "East Wind" is judgement from God in pretty much every instance in scripture. So, the prophecy isn't saying that Ephraim "went west" it's saying that God's judgement was on Ephraim and that Ephraim followed destruction...it's one of the reasons Ephraim is one of "The Lost" tribes...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

12. Amen Sparko, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I see what ya did thar.