Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post
    That message gives us realistic assurance that God is actively in control of the entire planet earth and of all human history and activity, and that message gives us factual proof for the real existence of God as an active reality.

That message also opens up the Bible to a far more real and dynamic interpretation which people can more easily understand.

Plus it is just the truth, and the truth will set us free, and the truth has inherent power in itself.

There is a difference between Israel and Jewish, and different from Gentile.

So yes it makes a lot of difference.

The people who were given the birthright promise were to be called after the name of Isaac = as in Saxon (sons of Isaac).

Genesis 21:12 "... for in Isaac shall thy seed be called."
    first of all America is a melting pot of people from all over the world, so it is impossible to say that American is a descendant of one of the lost tribes. Second, Britain was peopled long before the 10 tribes were still in the middle east, and it was later influxed with Romans who are definitely NOT descendants of the 10 tribes. So in absolutely NO way are Britain or the USA descendants of the lost tribes.

so if you do want the truth, it is that you are completely wrong. But I suspect that you are not interested in the truth, just in finding "proof" of what you already want to believe. No matter what. I eagerly await you handwaving away this post like you do all the others that prove you wrong.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      first of all America is a melting pot of people from all over the world, so it is impossible to say that American is a descendant of one of the lost tribes. Second, Britain was peopled long before the 10 tribes were still in the middle east, and it was later influxed with Romans who are definitely NOT descendants of the 10 tribes. So in absolutely NO way are Britain or the USA descendants of the lost tribes.
      It tells this in the book = The United States & Britain in Prophesy:

Here it is from the Bible:
      "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth."
      KJV, Amos 9:9

So yes the USA is known as a melting pot like sifting people in a sieve.

This is not making up "proof" as this is what God tells us in the scriptures.

Comment

Herbert Armstrong!!!

lol3.gif
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Herbert Armstrong!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21754[/ATTACH]
          Yesh!
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Here it is from the Bible:
            "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth."

So yes the USA is known as a melting pot like sifting people in a sieve.

This is not making up "proof" as this is what God tells us in the scriptures.
            A sieve is the exact opposite of a melting pot. A sieve sorts and filters out something from a mix, a melting pot combines everything together.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Herbert Armstrong!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21754[/ATTACH]
              Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Yesh!
              I do not approve of attacking a messenger instead of addressing the message.

That is a spineless ploy.

And I do not preach or follow Armstrong, and this message was simply shortened by Armstrong as it came many years before Armstrong.

--------------------------------------

A sieve is the exact opposite of a melting pot. A sieve sorts and filters out something from a mix, a melting pot combines everything together.
              It is not hard to figure out that it first goes through the sieve and then into the melting pot - duh.

If you are really that determined to reject the message then reject it - I am not trying to push it onto anyone.

This is just offered as a discussion if anyone wants to discuss the topic.

Comment

No it isn't...

That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And I do not preach or follow Armstrong, and this message was simply shortened by Armstrong as it came many years before Armstrong.

--------------------------------------

It is not hard to figure out that it first goes through the sieve and then into the melting pot - duh.

If you are really that determined to reject the message then reject it - I am not trying to push it onto anyone.

This is just offered as a discussion if anyone wants to discuss the topic.
                  No you don't put something through a sieve and then into a melting pot. Why can't you just actually address the arguments people are giving you instead of trying to find ways to hand wave them away?

The point I was making is that you can't claim the USA is the descendant of the lost tribes any more than any other country. The lost tribes were scattered among all of the nations. And the USA isn't even of one nation, but of all nations combined. French, English, Irish, German, African, Asian, and yes even Middle Eastern and Jewish. I am sure some of the descendants of the Lost Tribes are in the USA, but as a very minor part, and they are in every other country too.

In fact if you take any person's ancestry, you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 grandparents, and so on right? Well if you go back 2000 years, each person has more ancestors than there were people alive back then. Which means we are all so mixed up that we all probably have some of the lost tribes as our ancestors, as well as the babylonians, romans, and every other peoples of the ancient world.

Comment

The people who were given the birthright promise were to be called after the name of Isaac = as in Saxon (sons of Isaac).

Genesis 21:12 "... for in Isaac shall thy seed be called."
                    0000000000000sax.png

Source: Online Etymology Dictionary

Saxon (n.)

c. 1200, from Late Latin Saxonem (nominative Saxo; also source of French Saxon, Spanish Sajon, Italian Sassone), usually found in plural Saxones, from a Germanic source (Old English Seaxe, Old High German Sahsun, German Sachse "Saxon"), with a possible literal sense of "swordsmen" (compare Old English seax, Old Frisian, Old Norse sax "knife, short sword, dagger," Old High German Saxnot, name of a war-god), from Proto-Germanic *sahsam "knife," from PIE *sek- "to cut"

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Your linguistic evidence is as bad as your other evidence.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Reply:

No you don't put something through a sieve and then into a melting pot. Why can't you just actually address the arguments people are giving you instead of trying to find ways to hand wave them away?
                      It is a metaphor.

As if you could not figure that out.

The point I was making is that you can't claim the USA is the descendant of the lost tribes any more than any other country. The lost tribes were scattered among all of the nations. And the USA isn't even of one nation, but of all nations combined. French, English, Irish, German, African, Asian, and yes even Middle Eastern and Jewish. I am sure some of the descendants of the Lost Tribes are in the USA, but as a very minor part, and they are in every other country too.

In fact if you take any person's ancestry, you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 grandparents, and so on right? Well if you go back 2000 years, each person has more ancestors than there were people alive back then. Which means we are all so mixed up that we all probably have some of the lost tribes as our ancestors, as well as the babylonians, romans, and every other peoples of the ancient world.
                      Here it is (again) from the Bible:

God can sift people like through a sieve because with God all things are possible, and because the Bible says so, see quote from Amos 9:9 above.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Online Etymology Dictionary
                        Saxon (n.)

c. 1200, from Late Latin Saxonem (nominative Saxo; also source of French Saxon, Spanish Sajon, Italian Sassone), usually found in plural Saxones, from a Germanic source (Old English Seaxe, Old High German Sahsun, German Sachse "Saxon"), with a possible literal sense of "swordsmen" (compare Old English seax, Old Frisian, Old Norse sax "knife, short sword, dagger," Old High German Saxnot, name of a war-god), from Proto-Germanic *sahsam "knife," from PIE *sek- "to cut"
                        Source

Your linguistic evidence is as bad as your other evidence.
                        A dictionary is not the only way to define words, especially words from old history and from the Bible.

Saxon meaning "son of Isaac" is another way of interpreting the name Saxon, and it is explained better in the source book in the OP.

The old Hebrew writings did not have vowels.

Comment

It is a metaphor.

As if you could not figure that out.
                          No it is you not understanding what a sieve is. Or a melting pot. And trying to handwave away evidence that shows your reasoning is faulty. You are misusing bible quotes to justify your wacky beleifs. It is called Eisogesis, or reading into the text your preconceived notions and ignoring anything contrary.

Here it is (again) from the Bible:

God can sift people like through a sieve because with God all things are possible, and because the Bible says so, see quote from Amos 9:9 above.
                          He is saying he will scatter them among all of the nations yet will keep an eye on them. It means that they are dispersed and living all over the world, they did not become the nations of Britain or the USA. They no longer exist as a people, a tribe or a nation. They are scattered and alone.

Comment

Reply:

He is saying he will scatter them among all of the nations yet will keep an eye on them. It means that they are dispersed and living all over the world, they did not become the nations of Britain or the USA. They no longer exist as a people, a tribe or a nation. They are scattered and alone.
                            Yes I get that.

Then God gathered His people back together from the 4 corners of the earth as done in the last days as one great nation and a multitude of other nations.

It tells all of this in detail if any one reads that book = The United States and Britain in Prophesy

Comment

Yes I get that.

Then God gathered His people back together from the 4 corners of the earth as done in the last days as one great nation and a multitude of other nations.

It tells all of this in detail if any one reads that book = The United States and Britain in Prophesy
                              It tells you that in the bible, but gathering his people happens during the tribulation. And they are gathered out of every nation. Which means you can't claim that the USA or Britain are the nations of the lost tribes. It is just ridiculous.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Many other European powers also had empires that were global in extent during this time. Spain was well entrenched in North America (Mexico and the Carribean), controlled nearly all of South America, and had colonies in Africa and Asia as well. France arguably had more territory in North America under their control than did Britain (although not for long -- but Britain would also lose control of a great deal of their holdings in North America as well), South America, huge swaths of Africa, and scattered but significant holdings in Asia.
                                A lot of other nations are exposed in that book, and I myself do not know the old ancient identity of all, but I do know some.

I do not know about Spain but I am sure it is a major reference for God.

The people of France are said to be the Biblical tribe of Reuben, Genesis 49:3

The German people (Aryan) were the old Assyrians.

Italy were decedents of the Babylonians.

Denmark (Danish) = the tribe of Dan.

Others are exposed too but my memory fails me and I do not have the time now to do the research.

In the ancient past it was very common for large numbers of people to move or travel long distances, just as the Bible tells that Israel was moved to Assyria, and the people of Judah (the Jews) were moved to Babylon. And a big population back then was maybe 10,000 people while 100,000 was a massive population, so moving to a different land was not so complicated, and many people were still nomadic.

It is explained better in that book = The OP:

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X