Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The US & Britain in Prophesy:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post
    And that message even told that Donald Trump would become the US President because Hillary Clinton was not a male descendant.

The truth is much more strange then fiction.
    So how come Bernie Sanders didn't get elected?
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      In part but groups like the Etruscans, Latians (from who we get the word "Latin" from) and even Greeks proceeded them. Later groups like the Ostrogoths and especially the Lombards moved in.
      Desperately trying to get your brother's attention?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Desperately trying to get your brother's attention?
        Or stir up a pedantic pig. One outta two ain't bad

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Obviously you are just rejecting the message and that is fine with me.

It is your loss.
          it is you who are just rejecting any message that shows you to be wrong.

When we put the pieces together it was the Assyrians (the Aryan = Germans) who carried away the northern Country know in the Bible as Israel.

So finding the Saxons on Germany is to be expected, and yet the Germans do not claim to be Saxons but Aryan.
          assyrians are not related to the aryans. and the aryans are not the ancestors of germans and they dont claim they are. The Nazis claimed that they were Aryans based on a mistaken idea from a book

Drawing on misinterpreted references in the Rig Veda by Western scholars in the 19th century, the term "Aryan" was adopted as a racial category through the work of Arthur de Gobineau, whose ideology of race was based on an idea of blonde northern European "Aryans" who had migrated across the world and founded all major civilizations, before being degraded through racial mixture with local populations. Through Houston Stewart Chamberlain, Gobineau's ideas later influenced the Nazi racial ideology, which also saw "Aryan peoples" as innately superior to other putative racial groups.[12] The atrocities committed in the name of this racial aryanism caused the term to be abandoned by most academics; and, in present-day academia, the term "Aryan" has been replaced in most cases by the terms "Indo-Iranian" and "Aryan" is now mostly limited to its appearance in the term of the "Indo-Aryan languages". -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            All of this malarkey was pushed by a hand full of screwballs which even the most cursory of examinations reveals it to be nonsense with no real evidence in support if it and a massive amount against it including genetic, linguistic, archaeological and historical. And the supposed Scriptural support is an obvious case of eisegesis confused with exegesis.

Drawing on misinterpreted references in the Rig Veda by Western scholars in the 19th century, the term "Aryan" was adopted as a racial category through the work of Arthur de Gobineau, whose ideology of race was based on an idea of blonde northern European "Aryans" who had migrated across the world and founded all major civilizations, before being degraded through racial mixture with local populations. Through Houston Stewart Chamberlain, Gobineau's ideas later influenced the Nazi racial ideology, which also saw "Aryan peoples" as innately superior to other putative racial groups.[12] The atrocities committed in the name of this racial aryanism caused the term to be abandoned by most academics; and, in present-day academia, the term "Aryan" has been replaced in most cases by the terms "Indo-Iranian" and "Aryan" is now mostly limited to its appearance in the term of the "Indo-Aryan languages". -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan
            Don't even get me started about Arthur de Gobineau and Houston Stewart Chamberlain. In the pre-crash Tweb days Freezbee and I had some real good discussions about them.

I miss Freezbee.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I just do not accept that "dominance" is the dating criteria, but if it were then yes it could arguably be 200 years and not 300.

The nation of England did not become Britain (or Great Britain) until the Scottish King James took over England in 1603. The same King James who authorized the KJV Bible. So we could use that 1603 date which would be 400 years. Otherwise in the 1700's (300 years) the American colonies were growing fast, and in the 1700's Britain was already in South Africa, in India, Australia, in Canada, and so the math can be debated, but the reality is still there to be seen.

The bigger point is that the Bible under the inspiration of God can hardly overlook such dominating superpowers of the 18th through the 21st century and still claim to be prophesy from God.

And as told in that book = Chapter 9 - "... that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days." Genesis 49:1

Prophesy for the "last days" - not the middle days or the before Christ days or the after Christ days but the LAST DAYS, and those are the key words.

Auld Alliance - Scots saw their country as an independent entity throughout the eighteenth century, even after the Union of the Scottish and English monarchies in 1603 and the Union of their parliaments in 1707 - and other European nations regarded them like that too. LINK

Merging of the three kings - ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings" (Daniel 7:17-24).

Comment

assyrians are not related to the aryans. and the aryans are not the ancestors of germans and they dont claim they are. The Nazis claimed that they were Aryans based on a mistaken idea from a book

The Origins of Aryan People
                By: M. Sadeq Nazmi-Afshar

I am Darius, the great king, the king of kings
                The king of many countries and many people
                The king of this expansive land,
                The son of Wishtaspa of Achaemenid,
                Persian, the son of a Persian,
                'Aryan', from the Aryan race
                "From the Darius the Great's Inscription in Naqshe-e-Rostam"

LinK

Comment

Clearly this topic has been sidetracked, and no reason for me to go there.

So I will give up this topic to the sidetrachers.

Comment

Really? everyone is talking about Britain and the USA and whether they are or are not in Prophesy as the lost tribes. Sounds pretty much exactly on topic to me. Or maybe you just want to give up because everyone has shown you that your claims (or actually Armstrong's claims) are mistaken?

Comment

John Martin...is that you?
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I doubt it. John Martin never tried to run for governor of Maryland and get only 10% of the Democratic primary votes.
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Comment

Armstrong (published 1975) got and shortened that message from an earlier source book called = Judah Scepter and Joseph's Birthright published 1902.

The old book is long and tedious, while the newer book is so much easier.

I do often have trouble getting people to separate the message from the messenger, in that I do not preach Armstrong but I do preach that particular book.

Too many people just attack that messenger while avoiding the message.

Anyway - I am offering the topic for discussion if anyone wants to discuss the subject, but I do not want to discuss that person.

This section of the forum called the Pulpit is said to preach - so this is my preaching and mine is far improved over the Armstrong preachings.

Calling it as "British Israelism" leaves out the USA so I do not call it that way.
                            So what you believe is that both the British (which you would have to include the other countries right beside it) and the USA will eventually lose their powers? and that another country will take it place on the world circuit?

I think, and from reading just a little bit from the website you posted - that it may or may not be the truth. Depends on what God plans for these two countries and it doesn't seem to me that they will be weakened very soon, I hope.

Personally I think, it will be a long ways off. You remember Jonah and the whale? When the whale "spat" out the prophet, it was symbolizing the exact same thing about the Jewish people being in foreign countries. Baruch - and in this book (scripture) tells that , "21 Be of good cheer, O my children, cry unto the Lord, and he will deliver you from the power and hand of the enemies." In the same way, Jonah - While in the belly of the big fish (whale), Jonah prayed to God for help, repented, and praised God. For three days Jonah sat in the belly of the fish. Then, God had the big fish throw up Jonah onto the shores of Nineveh." So it will be with the Jewish people who were scattered. Nehemiah said it, as well as, Solomon - the prayer is consistent with these passages - no matter what the circumstances might be:

46 “When they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near; 47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’; 48 and if they turn back to you with all their heart and soul in the land of their enemies who took them captive, and pray to you toward the land you gave their ancestors, toward the city you have chosen and the temple I have built for your Name; 49 then from heaven, your dwelling place, hear their prayer and their plea, and uphold their cause. 50 And forgive your people, who have sinned against you; forgive all the offenses they have committed against you, and cause their captors to show them mercy; 51 for they are your people and your inheritance, whom you brought out of Egypt, out of that iron-smelting furnace.

The article is predicting but isn't consistent. We can interpret scripture and its prophecies without having a bit of uncertainty. Reason being that God "does" place judgments on nations but he can acquit them - as it states, "“It is not by strength that one prevails; 10 those who oppose the Lord will be broken. The Most High will thunder from heaven; the Lord will judge the ends of the earth. “He will give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his anointed.”

We don't know how these nations will be treated or even "if" they will turn toward God in the end - and be justified, free..

Justification: 4;25;5:18 - derived from the Greek verb dikaioo, meaning "to acquit" or to declare righteous, " used by Paul in 4:2, 5, 5:1. It is a legal term used of favorable verdict in a trial. The word depicts a courtroom setting, with God presiding as the Judge, determining the faithfulness of each person to the law. In the first section of Romans, Paul makes it clear that no one can withstand God's judgment (3:9-20). The law was not given to justify sinners but to expose their sin. To remedy this deplorable situation, God sent His Son to die for our sins in our place. When we believe in Jesus, God imputes His righteousness to us, and we are declared righteousness to us, and we are declared righteous before God.
                            Last edited by Marta; 04-11-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Yes I get that.

Then God gathered His people back together from the 4 corners of the earth as done in the last days as one great nation and a multitude of other nations.

It tells all of this in detail if any one reads that book = The United States and Britain in Prophesy

Consistent with Baruch, "6 Ye were sold to the nations, not for [your] destruction: but because ye moved God to wrath, ye were delivered unto the enemies"...,"7 And for this cause thou hast put thy fear in our hearts, to the intent that we should call upon thy name, and praise thee in our captivity (this "acknowledgment by Baruch - is in line with Solomon's prayer at the dedication of the temple) for we have called to mind all the iniquity of our forefathers, that sinned before thee. 8 Behold, we are yet this day in our captivity, where thou hast scattered us, for a reproach and a curse, and to be subject to payments, according to all the iniquities of our fathers, which departed from the Lord our God.

Whether or not - some Israelites (Jewish people living in the diaspora - or scattered) will Hearken to God's calling. As scripture states, "As it has been said: "Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion."

And also, with the Exodus, and as Moses spoke with the Lord about the harshness of that nation - God had plans to deliver them back into his care.
                              22 Moses returned to the Lord and said, “Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? 23 Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.”.........Exodus 6:6 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.”

The Israelites were being driven out of Egypt and were taken into God's care. The whole point within the first part of the Exodus - was so that the Egyptians would "know" God, as scripture stated it, "Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites. 5 And the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord when I stretch out my hand against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it.”

I believe, if the prophecy comes to light, that's how it will be with us - "if" this happens to either of those two countries (UK and USA). If we turn our back away from God - and His Son. We were given God's salvation through Christ - and as John 1 tells us, 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
                              Last edited by Marta; 04-11-2017, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Reply:

Really? everyone is talking about Britain and the USA and whether they are or are not in Prophesy as the lost tribes. Sounds pretty much exactly on topic to me. Or maybe you just want to give up because everyone has shown you that your claims (or actually Armstrong's claims) are mistaken?
                                I am sure that sounds on topic to you, and I am inviting more abuse just by responding to you.

You are just trying to win as if this is a competition, while my efforts to discuss the topic are derailed by that kind of forum bullying.

I realize that you are very clever and skilled at it, but any discussion of the topic ends with your constantly trying to win.

You reject the message without any true consideration, and yet you are determined to sabotage any one else from discussing it on realistic terms.

It does not make the message as wrong, and it does not make you as the winner, as it just shuts out the truth and shuts down the discussion.

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                Clearly John Martin must have been another person that this forum has bullied just for trying to discuss improved enlightenment.

And he had the guts to use his name instead of anonymous.

I say that each of you who disparage him needs to be ashamed of your selves for rejecting a messenger of God.

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                                I doubt it. John Martin never tried to run for governor of Maryland and get only 10% of the Democratic primary votes.
                                I like to use my true identity because it holds me accountable for every thing that I say or post online.

So much more challenging and rewarding.

------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Marta View Post
                                ... recitation ... ... recitation ... ... recitation ...
                                I have no response to Ms Marta.

Comment