Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Aborted Babies Incinerated to Heat UK Hospitals" - The Telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I guess we just don't like abortions period. It wouldn't be consistent to treat said remains any other way than as medical waste, correct?
    ???
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      ???
      Well, if the person who did the procedure believed that the remains shouldn't be treated as medical waste, why would he do the procedure? If the remains shouldn't be treated as waste, the life that the remains were, shouldn't have been killed either.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Well, if the person who did the procedure believed that the remains shouldn't be treated as medical waste, why would he do the procedure? If the remains shouldn't be treated as waste, the life that the remains were, shouldn't have been killed either.
        Got ya...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Do some people have no SELF control? Maybe it's because I'm not interested, but is it really that hard to just no do the action that can get someone pregnant or have an STI!
          HEY!!! My job depends on people being stupid and irresponsible enough 'sexually active' with more than one partner!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            How so?

From the article:
            As I've mentioned in the civics thread, the author has portrayed the exception as the rule. Yes, there were ~2,000 unborn babies incinerated in waste-to-energy facilities. Compare that to the ~15,500 total unborn babies incinerated.

I guess we just don't like abortions period. It wouldn't be consistent to treat said remains any other way than as medical waste, correct?
            I don't like them either. I am pretty sure that biological waste in general needs special treatment, and afaik human remains are (and arguably should be) accorded special treatment.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              It's too bad the article's headline is such a gross misrepresentation of what's happening. It's too bad no one else here seems to have noticed.
              And too bad you didn't read it, huh? The legit criticism is that they put an immediate halt to it as 'inappropriate'.

But the obvious issue remains - if the fetus is not human for legal and ethical purposes then why is anyone surprised when 'non-human' remains are mistreated? The problem is the contradictory view that uses varying definitions dependent on political whim.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't like them either. I am pretty sure that biological waste in general needs special treatment, and afaik human remains are (and arguably should be) accorded special treatment.
                Can't be both - the fetus is either human while alive or it's not. Its remains don't magically become 'human' after death.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  HEY!!! My job depends on people being stupid and irresponsible enough 'sexually active' with more than one partner!
                  What do you do?

Comment

STD Rep for the health department.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

STD Rep for the health department.
                      Aren't some of those diseases transmitted other ways too? Why would there still be people practicing unsafe sex?!

Comment

Or better yet, find something else to do entirely or get married!

Comment

And too bad you didn't read it, huh? The legit criticism is that they put an immediate halt to it as 'inappropriate'.

But the obvious issue remains - if the fetus is not human for legal and ethical purposes then why is anyone surprised when 'non-human' remains are mistreated? The problem is the contradictory view that uses varying definitions dependent on political whim.

I certainly read the article. I've done so a few times now. The legitimate criticism is wrt disposing of the remains as clinical waste. What happens to that waste is unrelated. The rest of this I agree with.

Can't be both - the fetus is either human while alive or it's not. Its remains don't magically become 'human' after death.
                          I never said otherwise. All I've done is mention that 'human remains' are a subset of 'biological waste'. I haven't claimed that the fetus switches categories at any point.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Or better yet, find something else to do entirely or get married!
                            If only marriage had the sexual restrictions it once did (assuming it ever did).
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Aren't some of those diseases transmitted other ways too? Why would there still be people practicing unsafe sex?!
                              1) Sarcasm - I'm perfectly fine with being put out of work - that's the goal of my job.

2) Yes, some are transmitted in other ways but the majority of transmissions of the four major (Syphilis, HIV, GC and CT) are sexual. I haven't heard of a confirmed case of transfusion-caused syphilis infection in my entire 18 year career. Needle-sharing as an actual risk factor is mostly confined to those who are already high risk (drug abusers aren't exactly known for celibacy) - so if you saw a true decline in sexual transmission, we'd expect to see a needle-sharing decline following it. I suppose the toilet seat thing is also a possibility if the idiot is high enough to not notice the really icky stuff he/she is sitting in - but that would be the only way (Can it happen innocently? Only if you literally are blind or too intoxicated to care).

The reality is that STD's follow promiscuity so if you reduce promiscuity you reduce STD. As a side effect, you also reduce the number of non-sexual transmissions because the pool of infected people is much smaller (Bob might have gotten it sharing a needle with Tom but Tom got it having sex with Dave - so even 'non-sexual' trace back eventually to sexual infections).

3) Because people is stoopid. Human stupidity plays an incredible role in most disease transmission from STD to staph (hey, Doc! Wash your hands already!)

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I certainly read the article. I've done so a few times now. The legitimate criticism is wrt disposing of the remains as clinical waste. What happens to that waste is unrelated. The rest of this I agree with.
                                Hmm, didn't seem like it in your last response but it wouldn't be my first time making a mistake.

However, before I concede to such, just what exactly is a 'wrt'?

FYI: I was referring to the legitimate criticism of the opponents, not the article itself.

Originally posted by Carry

I never said otherwise. All I've done is mention that 'human remains' are a subset of 'biological waste'. I haven't claimed that the fetus switches categories at any point.
                                Didn't say you did - just pointing out the obvious since a fetus can be aborted based on its 'non-human' status (non-person being the Roe workaround).
                                Last edited by Teallaura; 03-26-2014, 11:05 AM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X