Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Everyone gets Saved, and there is no Hell:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone gets Saved, and there is no Hell:

The reason that every person throughout humanity does get SAVED is because Jesus paid the punishment (or penalty) in full for all of humanity, and so not even one (1) sinful sheep will remain lost or left out.

Every claim contrary to that simple truth is just human fear and confusion and absurdities.

We are to love our enemies just as God loves His enemies = Matthew 5:43-48, and love does not burn people in torment and there is no place of Hell.

As to the "Lake of Fire" the scriptures say that the fire purifies and cleans the person.
    See it here = If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:15

The sinful works shall be burned - while the person is SAVED.

I would agree that all men are forgiven; however, the difference seems to be between whether or not a person avails themselves of forgiveness. In this model God doesn't condemn a person to hell (or extinction, etc) but the person chooses it over living loved. I think people can choose to live condemned throughout eternity - condemned by sin, living with the consequences of sin, and so forth.

This allows for God to completely forgive but the person choosing to live in pain (pain not caused by God or his wrath).
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Oh, another universalist. Well, what about the folk who don't want to be saved? Forcing them to be in God's presence would still be hell for them. Keep in mind that I believe hell is a state of shame and not a place of fire and torture.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        I would agree that all men are forgiven; however, the difference seems to be between whether or not a person avails themselves of forgiveness. In this model God doesn't condemn a person to hell (or extinction, etc) but the person chooses it over living loved. I think people can choose to live condemned throughout eternity - condemned by sin, living with the consequences of sin, and so forth.

This allows for God to completely forgive but the person choosing to live in pain (pain not caused by God or his wrath).
        There truly is nothing and nowhere in the Bible that says people have any realistic choice, and it is egotistical to think that people have any real choice against the will of God.

Choosing sin is to hurt our self.

When God declares these words = COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, Revelations 18:4 - then that is not a request and no one can say or choose to not come out - it is a command.

No one chose to be born, and no one really chooses to die, and no one gets to choose about being resurrected or of being saved.

Our human choices are very limited.

Comment

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post
          There truly is nothing and nowhere in the Bible that says people have any realistic choice, and it is egotistical to think that people have any real choice against the will of God.

Choosing sin is to hurt our self.

When God declares these words = COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, Revelations 18:4 - then that is not a request and no one can say or choose to not come out - it is a command.

No one chose to be born, and no one really chooses to die, and no one gets to choose about being resurrected or of being saved.

There is no book of Revelations

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Oh, another universalist.
            Yes - but I am far more radical than any of the others.

Well, what about the folk who don't want to be saved? Forcing them to be in God's presence would still be hell for them. Keep in mind that I believe hell is a state of shame and not a place of fire and torture.
            It does not matter whatever disobedient children want or do not want, as the Father rules over the children.

When people meet our Maker then there will be great repentance and universal forgiveness.
            Romans 14:
            10 "... we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
            11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
            12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

The payment given by Christ will stand for every person to receive their SALVATION.

Keep in mind that I believe hell is a state of shame and not a place of fire and torture.
            In that case you are much farther ahead then others.

There are different kinds of shame, as in healthy shame and toxic unhealthy shame, and our rightful shame will last forever, the other kind will not.

Comment

So you'd hold that people don't ever disobey God?

People disobey the 10 commandments all of the time.
              You've not illustrated how this command is any different.

If you're going to be one of those nutjobs that reads conclusions into verses that aren't even addressing the topic then I'm out of here.
              I've no patience for the John Martin bug-eyed approach to discussing scripture.

This is your conclusion.
              You've not demonstrated it.

True.
              This doesn't address your larger point.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

The following verses, and their surrounding context destroy your claims. There are a few things we can learn about "hell" in these passages, 1) it's eternal, 2) the devil and his angels will be there, 3) those there will never have rest, day or night, and 4) it's better to be mutilated bodily than to end up there.

Matthew 18:8 “If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.

Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 10:28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

2 Peter 2:3-5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a [a]preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

There is much more that could be said, but these things alone are enough to refute what you've claimed so far.

Comment

Romans 14:
                  10 "... we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
                  11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
                  12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."
                  The 'we' that I've emphasized here is important.
                  The 'we', in a letter addressed to Roman Christians, would be other believers.
                  The context also makes this very clear.

Comment

Reply:

So you'd hold that people don't ever disobey God?
                    That is kind-of true, but to be more accurate then it is just that any human disobedience is minor and insignificant to the bigger picture.

A child disobeying their parent does not mean the child gets thrown out, because the parent uses the children's disobedience to teach the child, and punishment from a loving parent is just to teach and not to harm.

Every person is a child of God - and God will SAVE every one of His children.

People disobey the 10 commandments all of the time.
                    You've not illustrated how this command is any different.
                    Jesus paid the punishment in full.

And the commandments are there for people to choose life and to live better, instead of the commandments being misused for condemnation.

If you're going to be one of those nutjobs that reads conclusions into verses that aren't even addressing the topic then I'm out of here.
                    I've no patience for the John Martin bug-eyed approach to discussing scripture.
                    I do not know what that means,

but I welcome any nutjob or bug-eyed approach to talk with me.

The 'we' that I've emphasized here is important.
                    The 'we', in a letter addressed to Roman Christians, would be other believers.
                    The context also makes this very clear.
                    I understand the claim that your God is the God of only a few select people, but I am referring to the God of all humanity, without any person getting lost or left out.

The text has broader applications, and God is so much bigger than that.

Comment

Repentance:

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                      There is no book of Revelations
                      Okay ~ I admit that I was wrong.

You caught me in this and I openly confess my error.

I hereby repent and make amends.

The correct spelling is without an "s" on the end as = Revelation.

Please forgive me for my failing?

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        The following verses, and their surrounding context destroy your claims. There are a few things we can learn about "hell" in these passages, 1) it's eternal, 2) the devil and his angels will be there, 3) those there will never have rest, day or night, and 4) it's better to be mutilated bodily than to end up there.

Matthew 18:8 “If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.

Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 10:28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

2 Peter 2:3-5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a [a]preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

There is much more that could be said, but these things alone are enough to refute what you've claimed so far.
                        All of those are misguided and misinterpretations.

The old Greek word for Hell was Hades from the old Greek religion, and Hades was the God of the underworld.

The Gospel is written in the old Greek language yes, but Jesus did not preach the Greek religion.

Comment

Story time! There once was a chowder of stray and feral cats that lived in the woods. They were cold in the winter and hot in the summer. They never had enough to eat and lived lives of fear. However, there was an owner of a cat sanctuary that took pity on them. He wanted to rescue the cats and give them a home. So, his son went out to coax them to the shelter. They could have just trapped all of the cats, but they didn't want to scare them any more than needed. So, they mainly stuck to gathering up the friendly strays that would come to them and any abandoned kittens. The feral cats were afraid that the humans wanted to kill or torture them, so they ran far away and would not let themselves be caught. Now the ones that were rescued lived happily ever after in a warm cozy place full of all the things a cat would love. The feral cats continued to live as they always had, not realizing the happiness that would be theirs if only they'd been rescued.

There are humans who are like those feral cats in that they would not want to be saved. For God to save them against their will would be like keeping a wild animal as a pet.

Comment

All of those are misguided and misinterpretations.
                            ah! the old "hand-wave away anything that proves me wrong" tactic. Very original.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              ah! the old "hand-wave away anything that proves me wrong" tactic. Very original.
                              Is this mickiel's twin? Sounds familiar...

And what about those who committed untypeable(I'd say unspeakable, but I'm typing and not speaking, so...) acts? Shouldn't there be justice for their victims? Why should they get to go to the same place as an innocent baby when they are unrepentant jerks?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X