Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Everyone gets Saved, and there is no Hell:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Is this mickiel's twin? Sounds familiar...

And what about those who committed untypeable(I'd say unspeakable, but I'm typing and not speaking, so...) acts? Shouldn't there be justice for their victims? Why should they get to go to the same place as an innocent baby when they are unrepentant jerks?
    Pretty much Meh Gerbil is right. You can't really debate with nutjobs that just throw out any evidence that they are wrong and quote-mine the bible to claim they are right. They are not reasonable or open to logic.

Comment

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post
      That is kind-of true
      No, it was absolutely true.
      People cannot just 'kinda' disobey God.
      There would be no need for the cross were it not for serious trespass.

Every person is a child of God - and God will SAVE every one of His children.
      You keep saying that but you seem to be lacking Scriptural support.
      HINT: I'm very sympathetic to your view but you've got to back it with Scripture.

And the commandments are there for people to choose life and to live better, instead of the commandments being misused for condemnation.
      You have this absolutely backwards.
      1: The law's role is to condemn us - Romans 3:19
      2: We aren't to live by the law, not even as a guide - Romans 6:14

I understand the claim that your God is the God of only a few select people, but I am referring to the God of all humanity, without any person getting lost or left out.
      Romans was addressed to Christians.
      You attempted to apply a text written to Christians and about Christians to all people.
      I made no statements about God reigning over only a few select people.

The text has broader applications, and God is so much bigger than that.
      No, you don't get to take a passage and run hither and yon with it.
      I agree God is much bigger than we can comprehend; however, that isn't a license to begin making bold proclamations about what He is going to do what He isn't going to do. You need to make your case with Scripture and you haven't done that yet.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

All of those are misguided and misinterpretations.
        The old Greek word for Hell was Hades from the old Greek religion, and Hades was the God of the underworld.
        The Gospel is written in the old Greek language yes, but Jesus did not preach the Greek religion.
        Hell is a translation of three different words, one of the words being 'Hades' but another popular one being 'Gehenna', a reference to the dump outside Jerusalem.
        Regardless, it was addressed as a real place that would be inhabited - and you have to deal with that.

This hand waving is not acceptable.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          Hell is a translation of three different words, one of the words being 'Hades' but another popular one being 'Gehenna', a reference to the dump outside Jerusalem.
          Regardless, it was addressed as a real place that would be inhabited - and you have to deal with that.

Mossrose? Is that you?
          The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
            Mossrose? Is that you?
            Shouldn't you be stocking up on ammo?

Comment

I'm now curled up in a ball, scared of this hades thing you have going?

Comment

You already live there, Trout. no worries.

Comment

I'd love to lose this debate.

Comment

The doctrine of hell makes people squeamish. What if we loved God's holiness so much that we actually rejoiced at those burning in hades?

That's a creepy thought

Comment

The doctrine of hell makes people squeamish. What if we loved God's holiness so much that we actually rejoiced at those burning in hades?

That's a creepy thought
                      How about if it's a state of shame and not a literal lake of fire and torture?

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The reason that every person throughout humanity does get SAVED is because Jesus paid the punishment (or penalty) in full for all of humanity, and so not even one (1) sinful sheep will remain lost or left out.

Every claim contrary to that simple truth is just human fear and confusion and absurdities.

We are to love our enemies just as God loves His enemies = Matthew 5:43-48, and love does not burn people in torment and there is no place of Hell.

As to the "Lake of Fire" the scriptures say that the fire purifies and cleans the person.
                        See it here = If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:15

The sinful works shall be burned - while the person is SAVED.
                        Alright. On the premise what you understand about this is true. What difference does it make that everyone else makes claims to contrary? It will not change the truth. Now on the other hand your view if false: It condemns the lost by causing them to miss the real good news which must be accepted (2 Thessalonians 1:8; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Indeed. If universalism were true, there'd be no need to try to convince others that it's true. If it's false, then it's a dangerous heresy.
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Reply:

First I have to say that I am not very fast or efficient at making my comments or postings and I am on a PC and do not use my phone for the internet, and I have a book club tonight and other things to do so I will reply to everyone as soon or as effectively as I can, but I do not want anyone to think that I am cast off or rejected when I am not.

I will always be back tomorrow at some time of day - unless my internet goes down or some other diversion.

-----------------------------
                            There are humans who are like those feral cats in that they would not want to be saved. For God to save them against their will would be like keeping a wild animal as a pet.
                            That is giving too much power to the human will, when a person is a lost soul then they have a very weak will, and so yes God will save them against their puny will.

On the Judgement Day then every person will become a believer and a repentant and Jesus already paid for their sins.

And what about those who committed untypeable(I'd say unspeakable, but I'm typing and not speaking, so...) acts? Shouldn't there be justice for their victims? Why should they get to go to the same place as an innocent baby when they are unrepentant jerks?
                            Jesus said not - Jesus said those who work all day get a penny and those who did very little get the same penny.

There is no distinction between sinners, as big sinners and small sinners - because all fall short and all are guilty, and so forgiveness is for everyone.

True justice is based on mercy.

------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Pretty much Meh Gerbil is right. You can't really debate with nutjobs that just throw out any evidence that they are wrong and quote-mine the bible to claim they are right. They are not reasonable or open to logic.
                            If you do not see it as fitting to discuss it with me then do not, why must you try to derail the topic?

I welcome any so called nutjob to talk to me and I will be respectful to everyone.

Comment

Reply:

No, it was absolutely true.
                              People cannot just 'kinda' disobey God.
                              There would be no need for the cross were it not for serious trespass.
                              You are correct that the cross is needed for serious and for petty trespasses,

and Jesus paid in full on that cross.

The dump outside of Jerusalem is not the so called eternal torment in a Hell.

You need to deal with that.

The word Hades was a Greek God from the Greek religion about people punished in the underworld - and Jesus did not preach the Greek religion.

In some cases hand waving is the best response possible.

It is not right to assist those who do not want to discuss the topic, and just help them to derail a topic.

That one has no ammo for a realistic discussion for this topic.

Comment

The reason that every person throughout humanity does get SAVED is because Jesus paid the punishment (or penalty) in full for all of humanity, and so not even one (1) sinful sheep will remain lost or left out.

Every claim contrary to that simple truth is just human fear and confusion and absurdities.

We are to love our enemies just as God loves His enemies = Matthew 5:43-48, and love does not burn people in torment and there is no place of Hell.

As to the "Lake of Fire" the scriptures say that the fire purifies and cleans the person.
                                See it here = If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:15

The sinful works shall be burned - while the person is SAVED.
                                Then what's the whole point?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X