Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone gets Saved, and there is no Hell:

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    Shouldn't you be stocking up on ammo?
    I'm now curled up in a ball, scared of this hades thing you have going?
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    You already live there, Trout. no worries.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'd love to lose this debate.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The doctrine of hell makes people squeamish. What if we loved God's holiness so much that we actually rejoiced at those burning in hades?

That's a creepy thought
    The last Christian left at tweb

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The doctrine of hell makes people squeamish. What if we loved God's holiness so much that we actually rejoiced at those burning in hades?

That's a creepy thought
    How about if it's a state of shame and not a literal lake of fire and torture?

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

6. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post
    The reason that every person throughout humanity does get SAVED is because Jesus paid the punishment (or penalty) in full for all of humanity, and so not even one (1) sinful sheep will remain lost or left out.

Every claim contrary to that simple truth is just human fear and confusion and absurdities.

We are to love our enemies just as God loves His enemies = Matthew 5:43-48, and love does not burn people in torment and there is no place of Hell.

As to the "Lake of Fire" the scriptures say that the fire purifies and cleans the person.
    See it here = If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:15

The sinful works shall be burned - while the person is SAVED.
    Alright. On the premise what you understand about this is true. What difference does it make that everyone else makes claims to contrary? It will not change the truth. Now on the other hand your view if false: It condemns the lost by causing them to miss the real good news which must be accepted (2 Thessalonians 1:8; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Indeed. If universalism were true, there'd be no need to try to convince others that it's true. If it's false, then it's a dangerous heresy.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

9. Amen 37818, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Red face Reply:

First I have to say that I am not very fast or efficient at making my comments or postings and I am on a PC and do not use my phone for the internet, and I have a book club tonight and other things to do so I will reply to everyone as soon or as effectively as I can, but I do not want anyone to think that I am cast off or rejected when I am not.

I will always be back tomorrow at some time of day - unless my internet goes down or some other diversion.

-----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    There are humans who are like those feral cats in that they would not want to be saved. For God to save them against their will would be like keeping a wild animal as a pet.
    That is giving too much power to the human will, when a person is a lost soul then they have a very weak will, and so yes God will save them against their puny will.

On the Judgement Day then every person will become a believer and a repentant and Jesus already paid for their sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    And what about those who committed untypeable(I'd say unspeakable, but I'm typing and not speaking, so...) acts? Shouldn't there be justice for their victims? Why should they get to go to the same place as an innocent baby when they are unrepentant jerks?
    Jesus said not - Jesus said those who work all day get a penny and those who did very little get the same penny.

There is no distinction between sinners, as big sinners and small sinners - because all fall short and all are guilty, and so forgiveness is for everyone.

True justice is based on mercy.

------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Pretty much Meh Gerbil is right. You can't really debate with nutjobs that just throw out any evidence that they are wrong and quote-mine the bible to claim they are right. They are not reasonable or open to logic.
    If you do not see it as fitting to discuss it with me then do not, why must you try to derail the topic?

I welcome any so called nutjob to talk to me and I will be respectful to everyone.

Faith
    Christian (Unorthodox)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Red face Reply:

No, it was absolutely true.
    People cannot just 'kinda' disobey God.
    There would be no need for the cross were it not for serious trespass.
    You are correct that the cross is needed for serious and for petty trespasses,

and Jesus paid in full on that cross.

Hell is a translation of three different words, one of the words being 'Hades' but another popular one being 'Gehenna', a reference to the dump outside Jerusalem.
    Regardless, it was addressed as a real place that would be inhabited - and you have to deal with that.
    The dump outside of Jerusalem is not the so called eternal torment in a Hell.

You need to deal with that.

The word Hades was a Greek God from the Greek religion about people punished in the underworld - and Jesus did not preach the Greek religion.

This hand waving is not acceptable.
    In some cases hand waving is the best response possible.

Shouldn't you be stocking up on ammo?
    It is not right to assist those who do not want to discuss the topic, and just help them to derail a topic.

That one has no ammo for a realistic discussion for this topic.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cusick View Post
    The reason that every person throughout humanity does get SAVED is because Jesus paid the punishment (or penalty) in full for all of humanity, and so not even one (1) sinful sheep will remain lost or left out.

Every claim contrary to that simple truth is just human fear and confusion and absurdities.

We are to love our enemies just as God loves His enemies = Matthew 5:43-48, and love does not burn people in torment and there is no place of Hell.

As to the "Lake of Fire" the scriptures say that the fire purifies and cleans the person.
    See it here = If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:15

The sinful works shall be burned - while the person is SAVED.
    Then what's the whole point?