Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Looks Like John Tors Isn't Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    Typo:

same of argument though, Geisler does.
    Also:

Sorry Tors, but unless Paige Patterson has kept up with the latest in NT scholarship, then no. They
    (unless Paige Patterson is suffering from multiple personality disorder)
    Last edited by One Bad Pig; 04-07-2017, 11:34 AM.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        Where there 4000 or 400000 horses
        "It is innerant"
        Yeah it is but there's still the issue of
        "Its innerant"
        But scribble issues. It is the Holy scripture inspired by God but it still needs context.
        That my friend is indeed a textual issue not an inerrancy issue.

Inerrancy is not in the interpretation of the reader, nor in translation and not in textual transmission itself. But inerrancy has to do with God and His word as He gave it. And the disputes have been over what text variant it is.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Nick you brought up a good point about Geisler not reading Genesis 1 as literally 6 days even though it says it pretty clearly. How does he answer that and not be accused of the same thing he is accusing Licona of?

Comment

http://normangeisler.com/does-believ...h-creationism/

Comment

Comment

He never addresses any challenges to his authority. If you want to know, I would suggest going to his Facebook page and leaving a comment or making a post.

For bonus points, give him a link to what I wrote on his latest book.

http://scholarshipandinerrancy.blogs...reserving.html

If you do this, get a screenshot so we can have proof when you get banned.

Comment

He never addresses any challenges to his authority. If you want to know, I would suggest going to his Facebook page and leaving a comment or making a post.

For bonus points, give him a link to what I wrote on his latest book.

http://scholarshipandinerrancy.blogs...reserving.html

If you do this, get a screenshot so we can have proof when you get banned.
                  even his devoted followers like Tors won't try to defend him on the matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    even his devoted followers like Tors won't try to defend him on the matter?
                    They often will. He won't. One Geislerite once told me a list of all the books I should read before commenting such as Geisler's Systematic Theology series and his book on Inerrancy. I told him I had already read all of those, which I had.

Never responded to me about that.

Comment

They often will. He won't. One Geislerite once told me a list of all the books I should read before commenting such as Geisler's Systematic Theology series and his book on Inerrancy. I told him I had already read all of those, which I had.

Never responded to me about that.
                      I mean it is a pretty glaring parallel. I don't see how he can really answer it without appealing to a double standard.

Comment

That's what happens when you make Inerrancy require a specific teaching instead of just saying something about what is taught.

Comment

Ah now.. If we are to take a PLAIN reading of Genesis:
                          God created the heavens and the Earth and the Earth was without form and void
                          then we also have to admit that the Earth had neither shape nor content when its creation was first completed.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Ah now.. If we are to take a PLAIN reading of Genesis:
                            God created the heavens and the Earth and the Earth was without form and void
                            then we also have to admit that the Earth had neither shape nor content when its creation was first completed.
                            and?

even science says that. It was basically a bunch of gas and debris that eventually became a ball of molten rock. Sounds like a pretty good description to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              and?

even science says that. It was basically a bunch of gas and debris that eventually became a ball of molten rock. Sounds like a pretty good description to me.
                              "and?" So when the world was first created, it was without form and void.
                              What shape did it have? none - it was formless. What content did it have? none - it was void.

According to a PLAIN reading of the Genesis account, after the first day of creation, the Earth had no shape and it had nothing in it: it did not have physical existence.

A PLAIN reading of the Genesis account doesn't show 7 (or rather, 6) x 24 hour terms of bringing things into physical existence.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                "and?" So when the world was first created, it was without form and void.
                                What shape did it have? none - it was formless. What content did it have? none - it was void.

According to a PLAIN reading of the Genesis account, after the first day of creation, the Earth had no shape and it had nothing in it: it did not have physical existence.

A PLAIN reading of the Genesis account doesn't show 7 (or rather, 6) x 24 hour terms of bringing things into physical existence.
                                way to OVER literalize things. There is plain reading and then there is semantic nitpicking.

I would say a gas cloud condensing would be "formless" and "void"

Comment