Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Reporting that US Launched 50 Missiles on Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where ever Islam is the predominate religion these fascist dictatorships will be - it's a natural consequence of the religion. They do not want to be "liberated" and live in a free society like this rest of us. No, the rebels fighting Assad are not fighting him for freedom, but to take his place as fascist rulers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the chemical attack was perpetrated by the rebels themselves so we'd get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
      Where ever Islam is the predominate religion these fascist dictatorships will be - it's a natural consequence of the religion. They do not want to be "liberated" and live in a free society like this rest of us. No, the rebels fighting Assad are not fighting him for freedom, but to take his place as fascist rulers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the chemical attack was perpetrated by the rebels themselves so we'd get involved.
      I'll see you that bet and raise you one: Did a chemical attack actually happen?
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        Chance of Assad behind it is almost 0.

But no, think of the children, also our national security!! WMDs!!!! Time to take down Sadd- I mean, Assad!!
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think it is just us tossing a hornets nest into the mix to keep them fighting. If we left things alone, eventually ISIS or Iran would end up controlling the whole region, and bring peace through fear. Then they would build up militarily and threaten the rest of the world, like North Korea is doing, but without as much self-control. ISIS especially has claimed that their mission is to bring about the Islamic version of Armageddon. They are radical enough to use nukes if they had them without any qualms or fear of reprisals. Their first target would be Israel. Then the USA and Europe. The fact that they would end up a smoking field of radioactive glass in the end won't deter them one bit.
          I don't know a great deal about the middle east but I get the impression that Assad wasn't that big of a threat.
          It isn't like he was going to take over the region.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            I'll see you that bet and raise you one: Did a chemical attack actually happen?
            CNN said it did so must be true!!!
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
              If Assad is overthrown the Syrian Christians will be butchered.
              They've already been pretty roughly handled by the civil war. Assad is a member of a tiny splinter sect of Islam, so he tends to protect other minorities.

We'll see if this is it, or things escalate (they don't have to - Reagan bombed Libya, and that was sufficient to make Quadaffi toe the line). I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that this came right after the US signaled that it would probably stay out of the civil conflict under Trump, and in that scenario it's possible that Assad decided to test how far he could go. IF that's the case, the missile slap-down may be sufficient.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                They've already been pretty roughly handled by the civil war. Assad is a member of a tiny splinter sect of Islam, so he tends to protect other minorities.

We'll see if this is it, or things escalate (they don't have to - Reagan bombed Libya, and that was sufficient to make Quadaffi toe the line). I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that this came right after the US signaled that it would probably stay out of the civil conflict under Trump, and in that scenario it's possible that Assad decided to test how far he could go. IF that's the case, the missile slap-down may be sufficient.
                Sufficient to accomplish what?
                To teach Assad that if he's going to massacre 100K people that he has to do it the right way?

This is what boggles my mind.
                Our message: You're doing genocide the wrong way!

Comment

I don't know a great deal about the middle east but I get the impression that Assad wasn't that big of a threat.
                  I don't think we care who we poke. Just poke a bear, then move out of the way.

Comment

He's not, although the Baathist goal is rule over pan-Arabia. He just doesn't have the firepower to pull it off.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      CNN said it did so must be true!!!
                      I know that I get all my news from Defense Contractor Approved(tm) news sources.
                      That isn't a conscious choice but rather the only choice.

Comment

Sufficient to accomplish what?
                        To teach Assad that if he's going to massacre 100K people that he has to do it the right way?

This is what boggles my mind.
                        Our message: You're doing genocide the wrong way!
                        Get back to me when you drop the nookyular-level hyperbole.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I think it is just us tossing a hornets nest into the mix to keep them fighting. If we left things alone, eventually ISIS or Iran would end up controlling the whole region, and bring peace through fear. Then they would build up militarily and threaten the rest of the world, like North Korea is doing, but without as much self-control. ISIS especially has claimed that their mission is to bring about the Islamic version of Armageddon. They are radical enough to use nukes if they had them without any qualms or fear of reprisals. Their first target would be Israel. Then the USA and Europe. The fact that they would end up a smoking field of radioactive glass in the end won't deter them one bit.
                          Everybody keeps talking about ISIS as if that's the problem. Islam as a religion is banana's and every country where it rules as the state religion makes North Korea look like paradise by comparison.

ISIS is no better or worse than what these third world hell holes have now, so let em' take these little waste lands. The people in those countries hate our guts regardless of how much compassion we show them, and wish our secular republic destruction - along with us.

Fascists deserve nothing less than fascism.

Comment

Neither one of them had any business establishing that line or enforcing it.
                            They're both tools of the defense contractors - tools, tools, tools.

50 years of democrats.
                            50 years of republicans.

Still the same wars.

Tools.
                            Seems like everybody who runs for president is anti-war/anti-military action until they get into the White House, so I guess those military boys must have some pretty compelling arguments.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But Trump works for Putin! Why would he do anything to piss off the Russians? They are best buds, right?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Get back to me when you drop the nookyular-level hyperbole.
                                Assad has killed 100K+ people since 2011:
                                Source: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/10...port-590203858

The latest chemical attack, which has been the worst, killed dozens:
                                https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/w...tack.html?_r=0

So he killed 100K using conventional means but recently got really disgusting and killed a couple of dozen with chemicals and it was the deaths of those couple of dozen people that suddenly got our interest? I think the conclusion: You're killing people the wrong way appears to be spot on. I'd be interested in how this could be viewed in any other way.

Hyperbole.
                                Certainly not.

Comment