Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Reporting that US Launched 50 Missiles on Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old song, same old dance.

Even granting that Assad is behind the attacks, it's still none of our business how a civil war in another country plays out - we are no angels.

If these people truly want to be free from these kind of fascist dictators that rule with an fist, then let them earn it by fighting for it themselves. That's what every other free society had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Can you tell us how you really feel?
      Yes.
      There is absolutely no good reason for us to be involved in the middle east in general and Syria in particular.

Let's look at some of the reasons that our government offers the cud chewing masses of brain-dead troglodytes:

THE FAKE REASONS

#1: We do it for the babies: Let's examine the chemical weapons angle. Apparently the world is horrified that Assad used chemical weapons. So far 500,000 people have died there but the vast majority have been murdered through conventional means. Why is going house to house and shooting people as they sleep superior to gassing an entire village? Is the outrage about the deaths? Nope. The outrage is because when you gas a village you end up killing American operatives in the area. Nobody gives a $#|@! about the women, the children, and the babies - so no, it isn't the murder of hundreds of thousands of people that is the problem, but rather the death of a single American operative who shouldn't be there in the first place. We aren't doing it for the babies.

#2: We do it for the oil: Nonsense, ISIS is more than willing to sell the oil. I don't care how anti-American your regime is you've got to sell the oil. Period. So no, it isn't done for the free market flow of oil. Plus we have enough of our own oil - this is a lie straight from the pit of hell.

Now that we've put down the bald faced lies lets look at:

THE REAL REASONS
      #1: Things have slowed down a bit at the Tomahawk missile factory and Trump has promises of Jobs, Jobs, Jobs on the docket. No better way to get the factory humming again then to start sprinkling Tomahawk missiles all over the middle east like kid dumping salt on his French fries. Gotta keep those defense contractors loaded up with cash, cocaine, and hookers and that isn't going to happen unless we smoke some brown people.

#2: Don't you hate it when you come up with a new weapons system but the tests you ran on surplus Sears mannequins are inconclusive? No better way to test new weapons systems than on goat herders in the middle east. That's right, we've been using the middle east as a weapons laboratory for decades and it really puts a knot in our knickers when we're running long term tests and Assad gasses all of the test subjects.

THE SOLUTION
      The first step in the solution is for the American taxpayer to identify the defense contractors who are low on cash, cocaine, and hookers and make sure those guys get so much of that stuff that they no longer care about killing babies to fund their addictions. The second step is to get a President who understands his responsibility is to America and that the role of world cop is best left up to countries who otherwise cannot afford to keep their defense contractors loaded up with cash, cocaine, and hookers.

Give the money, cocaine, and hookers to the guys who need it without the pretense of war.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Looks like Trump made good on Obama's red line in the sand...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Looks like Trump made good on Obama's red line in the sand...
          Neither one of them had any business establishing that line or enforcing it.
          They're both tools of the defense contractors - tools, tools, tools.

50 years of democrats.
          50 years of republicans.

Still the same wars.

Tools.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Meh Gerbil For President

Meh Gerbil: So, do you have enough cocaine?
            Defense Contractor: I could use another ton, I'm having a party with some Senators this weekend.
            Meh Gerbil: Fantastic, I'll have the CIA bring another truckload across the border tonight.

Meh Gerbil: So Senator McCain, do you have enough under aged Thai ladyboys to keep you entertained?
            McCain: No, sadly they all died when I forgot to feed them. We may have to bomb Lybia so I can get a defense contract to buy more.
            Meh Gerbil: Oh don't bother, I'll have a C-130 air lift a fresh crate to your ranch.
            McCain: Well, it is more fun to get 'em through war but I'm willing to compromise.

Meh Gerbil: Why so blue?
            Defense Contractor: The Tomahawk factory has slowed down.
            Meh Gerbil: No problem, I'll have the US military use them for duck hunting this season. We'll need hundreds more.
            Defense Contractor: Yeah, but brown people don't die that way.
            Meh Gerbil: We'll target the Canada Goose - that way we're killing foreigners.
            Defense Contractor: I'm glad I donated to your campaign fund.
            Meh Gerbil: Let's make America great again!

Comment

Why was that a good idea? I'm all ears here.

Mr. Trump, that was dumb on every level.
              The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                Why was that a good idea? I'm all ears here.
                Mr. Trump, that was dumb on every level.
                If you can even imagine a logical reason other than "defense contractors need cocaine" I'd like to hear it.
                I'm not just being cynical, I just cannot imagine another reason for this 5 decade track record of intervention there.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  If you can even imagine a logical reason other than "defense contractors need cocaine" I'd like to hear it.
                  I'm not just being cynical, I just cannot imagine another reason for this 5 decade track record of intervention there.
                  well being the cynic I am, I think it is to keep the muslims fighting in their own sandbox destroying each other instead of letting them work together and turn their murderous intentions outward towards the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    well being the cynic I am, I think it is to keep the muslims fighting in their own sandbox destroying each other instead of letting them work together and turn their murderous intentions outward towards the rest of the world.
                    I applaud this contribution to the discussion; however, when entirely left to their own devices they've a tendency to kill each other anyways.
                    For example: Iran vs. Iraq.

I think your theory is probably the best alternative theory we'll see; however, I don't think it answers the money/cocaine/hookers question.

Comment

I don't think we should let anybody think they can get away with using chemical weapons. We were the only ones capable of retaliating, so I think it was a good move. Plus, it was a good combat test of our Tomahawk missile system. The Russians will be beefing up Syria's air defense, which may give us good practice against their systems.
                      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        If Assad is overthrown the Syrian Christians will be butchered.
                        The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Possible that he's trying to show Xi (who just meeting with Trump when missile rain down) that he means business about NK!!

But yeah, whole thing looks very very terrible.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                            I don't think we should let anybody think they can get away with using chemical weapons. We were the only ones capable of retaliating, so I think it was a good move. Plus, it was a good combat test of our Tomahawk missile system. The Russians will be beefing up Syria's air defense, which may give us good practice against their systems.
                            If you could explain to the rest of the class why killing 100K people with guns is not a reason to intervene whereas killing 100K with poison is a reason to intervene that would be helpful. As for the rest, I'm glad someone on the pro-war side is admitting that these people are dying for 'practice'.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                              If Assad is overthrown the Syrian Christians will be butchered.
                              It isn't like the Syrian Christians can afford to supply our defense contractors with money, cocaine, and hookers.

Comment

I applaud this contribution to the discussion; however, when entirely left to their own devices they've a tendency to kill each other anyways.
                                For example: Iran vs. Iraq.

I think your theory is probably the best alternative theory we'll see; however, I don't think it answers the money/cocaine/hookers question.
                                I think it is just us tossing a hornets nest into the mix to keep them fighting. If we left things alone, eventually ISIS or Iran would end up controlling the whole region, and bring peace through fear. Then they would build up militarily and threaten the rest of the world, like North Korea is doing, but without as much self-control. ISIS especially has claimed that their mission is to bring about the Islamic version of Armageddon. They are radical enough to use nukes if they had them without any qualms or fear of reprisals. Their first target would be Israel. Then the USA and Europe. The fact that they would end up a smoking field of radioactive glass in the end won't deter them one bit.

Comment