Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Innerancy.

Professor
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Based on what I've seen here and elsewhere on the Internet, I can't help but wonder if this is really the best Muslim apologetics has to offer.

(I mean, I honestly think Mormonism is patent nonsense, but it has a share of people who can try to defend it without being complete idiots.)
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    1 John 4:7 says "God is love" and "God is not unjust" in Hebrews 6:10, however, Deut 20:16-17 says "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you " as well as " Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

We all agree that God is love and just. But we cannot believe that killings of infants and all that breathes are attributed to God's order as per the above verses.
    Why not, doesn't Allah tell you to kill all infidels?

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone” (Quran 2:191-193).

“Strike off their heads and strike from them every fingertip” (Quran 8:12).
    Last edited by Sparko; 05-20-2019 at 06:15 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Toonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Based on what I've seen here and elsewhere on the Internet, I can't help but wonder if this is really the best Muslim apologetics has to offer.
    Sadly yes. Most Muslim "apologetics" I have seen is borrowed from atheism. An authorotarian faith wouldn't see a lot of reason to develop good arguments.

The fact that Same Old Same Old uses the old "the God of the Bible orders the killing of children" canard while ignoring the same kind of passages in the Quran is proof enough that they just borrow their material without thinking of the implications for themselves.

4. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.