Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Innerancy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And you're a good man for putting it out there. Even if you do have blue hair.
    Who is the blue-haired character in his avatar? And why that cartoon character. Better than a fuscia horse, but inquiring minds want to know. Also, Chrawnus, you rock. It's always great to see someone who is so in touch with Biblical scholarship and apologetics on this forum. You're a rare breed (and that wasn't a pony pun).

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Who is the blue-haired character in his avatar? And why that cartoon character. Better than a fuscia horse, but inquiring minds want to know. Also, Chrawnus, you rock. It's always great to see someone who is so in touch with Biblical scholarship and apologetics on this forum. You're a rare breed (and that wasn't a pony pun).
    The character is Gintoki Sakata.

4. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    The character is Gintoki Sakata.
    Hmm. Interesting. Sounds Japanese. So, what's his deal? I'm assuming some sort of anime character....?

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Again, Jesus can be traced back to David via his mother, as which I showed in the other thread where I cited the passage from Numbers 27 about the daughters of Zelophehad.
    Man, it's been way too long since I've taken a peek at CTT. That was probably my favorite site before TWeb came along.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hmm. Interesting. Sounds Japanese. So, what's his deal? I'm assuming some sort of anime character....?
    Yes indeed. From Gintama. He is an interesting one. A washed up former samurai from a war involving aliens based on the real life meiji revolution. He was a beast in battle, but he realized the war was lost. He then became an odd jobs guy. He drinks enough strawberry milk to survive bone crushing blows and parodies just about every anime in existence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    Yes indeed. From Gintama. He is an interesting one. A washed up former samurai from a war involving aliens based on the real life meiji revolution. He was a beast in battle, but he realized the war was lost. He then became an odd jobs guy. He drinks enough strawberry milk to survive bone crushing blows and parodies just about every anime in existence.
    Huh. Okay then. Does that make Chrawnus a weaboo then? And if so, what exactly is a weaboo? I know it has something to do with people obssessed with Japanese cartoons, but not sure what that has to do with Christian apologetics.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, which one of the horses in your avatar picture are you then?
    First, you'd have to turn the picture around.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

11. Amen Cerebrum123, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Again, Jesus can be traced back to David via his mother, as which I showed in the other thread where I cited the passage from Numbers 27 about the daughters of Zelophehad.
    Please tell us how Mary can traced to David. Thanks.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    First, you'd have to turn the picture around.

Huh. Okay then. Does that make Chrawnus a weaboo then? And if so, what exactly is a weaboo? I know it has something to do with people obssessed with Japanese cartoons, but not sure what that has to do with Christian apologetics.
    The way I understand it there is a difference between liking anime a lot, and a weaboo. A weaboo is someone who sees Japan as superior to their own culture, and tries to adopt it for themselves.

14. Amen Adrift, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

The way I understand it there is a difference between liking anime a lot, and a weaboo. A weaboo is someone who sees Japan as superior to their own culture, and tries to adopt it for themselves.
    If so, weaboo would be a Nipponophile, and most likely a person that Japanese people find a bit scary.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

16. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.