Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 324

Thread: Innerancy.

  1. #161
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    I did not say there was a copyist error.
    The copy used for English translation is in error.
    Some old manuscripts show 22 years for both references.
    Thanks

  2. #162
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Toonist
    Posts
    2,861
    Amen (Given)
    29
    Amen (Received)
    1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Old IdiotHakeem View Post
    To say that the above contradiction is due to a typing error is just an assumption because (i) the original manuscripts are not available to us to verify and (ii) not two copies of the available manuscripts are same.
    Good night you are stupid. Professional textual critics never would make such an idiotic statement. They would look at factors like what sorts of things are frequently miscopied, how a copyist error would occur, and the context of the narrative. Morons like you just run their mouths in ignorance.

  3. #163
    Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Corryton
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,165
    Amen (Given)
    295
    Amen (Received)
    2912
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    They wrote numbers in the form of words. Please refer to the following link of the Hebrew-English of 2 Chronicles 22:2.

    https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_chronicles/22-2.htm
    Bzzzz.

    Wrong answer but thank you for playing our game!

  4. #164
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jpholding View Post
    Good night you are stupid. Professional textual critics never would make such an idiotic statement. They would look at factors like what sorts of things are frequently miscopied, how a copyist error would occur, and the context of the narrative. Morons like you just run their mouths in ignorance.
    Your statement above is due to the fact that the original manuscripts are lost.

    My response to your it-is-a-copyist-error argument is how can you be sure that these original manuscripts were without errors when no one has ever seen them and in light of the contradictions and conflicts?
    Last edited by Same Hakeem; 05-17-2019 at 04:39 PM.

  5. #165
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    2
    1 John 4:7 says "God is love" and "God is not unjust" in Hebrews 6:10, however, Deut 20:16-17 says "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you " as well as " Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

    We all agree that God is love and just. But we cannot believe that killings of infants and all that breathes are attributed to God's order as per the above verses.
    Last edited by Same Hakeem; 05-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.

  6. #166
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    You could start by realizing that Job 42:5 is written in poetic language, and that Job saying that his "eyes saw God" is a poetic way of saying that he now has personal, intimate knowledge of God, instead of just second hand knowledge about God from books or what he has heard from other people.

    There, "contradiction" resolved. Didn't even need more than a sentence.

    ETA: Oh, and lookie here. Sparko managed to do it in one word.

    Not true because Matthew 5:8 says "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" whereas 1 Timothy 6:16 says "no can see God".

  7. #167
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    851
    Two possible explanations.
    "God" sometimes is used interchangeably with "the Father." That is, sometimes a person might say "God" when he means "Father."
    Alternative explanation: God = Trinity, and no-one has seen the Trinity at any time.
    Either way, no contradiction exists.
    Too many Old Testament records show that people have seen God for a claim that "no-one can see God" to be viable, and those records cannot have been unknown to John.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  8. #168
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,416
    Amen (Given)
    1040
    Amen (Received)
    1540
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    1 John 4:7 says "God is love" and "God is not unjust" in Hebrews 6:10, however, Deut 20:16-17 says "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you " as well as " Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

    We all agree that God is love and just. But we cannot believe that killings of infants and all that breathes are attributed to God's order as per the above verses.
    Personal incredulity is not a contradiction.

    You need to show that God determining when (and how) someone dies is in fact unjust. You need to demonstrate, for example, that Amalekite children were actually killed, AND that they were completely innocent, AND that their death deprived them of all opportunity to know God and receive His forgiveness for their sins.

    IOW, that they went to hell because they were killed as a child, when they would have certainly gone to heaven otherwise. It's only in this circumstance that one might be able to argue that God was unjust. Since there is no way of demonstrating this, you're merely asserting a contradiction where none necessarily exists.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  9. #169
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Toonist
    Posts
    2,861
    Amen (Given)
    29
    Amen (Received)
    1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Your statement above is due to the fact that the original manuscripts are lost.

    My response to your it-is-a-copyist-error argument is how can you be sure that these original manuscripts were without errors when no one has ever seen them and in light of the contradictions and conflicts?
    Are you that stupid? Asked and answered. Textual critics do not see this as an issue, moron.

  10. #170
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Toonist
    Posts
    2,861
    Amen (Given)
    29
    Amen (Received)
    1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Your statement above is due to the fact that the original manuscripts are lost.

    My response to your it-is-a-copyist-error argument is how can you be sure that these original manuscripts were without errors when no one has ever seen them and in light of the contradictions and conflicts?
    Are you that stupid? Asked and answered. Textual critics do not see this as an issue, moron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •