Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Innerancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jpholding View Post
    Old and stale. Copyiist error.

What’s your favorite mental disorder of the 10-12 you have?
    You saying "Old and stale. Copyiist error" is a proof that there is a contradiction between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
      You saying "Old and stale. Copyiist error" is a proof that there is a contradiction between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2.
      At most it proves that an error crept into the manuscripts somewhere along the line as they were being copied. It does not show an error in the original manuscript.

Comment

• For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        At most it proves that an error crept into the manuscripts somewhere along the line as they were being copied. It does not show an error in the original manuscript.
        You saying "At most it proves that an error crept into the manuscripts somewhere along the line as they were being copied. It does not show an error in the original manuscript. " is proof that there is a contradiction between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2.

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

You saying "At most it proves that an error crept into the manuscripts somewhere along the line as they were being copied. It does not show an error in the original manuscript. " is proof that there is a contradiction between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2.

It's been a long time since I actually laughed at something anyone posted here on TWeb,

Comment

I am saying you are a moron whose conception of inerrancy is pre-K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              It is a fact that the original manuscripts are not available.

Comment

It is a fact that the original manuscripts are not available.
                Wow! Stop the presses everyone! No one knew this! We have to obviously rethink everything due to the brilliance of the Google scholar among us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                  Wow! Stop the presses everyone! No one knew this! We have to obviously rethink everything due to the brilliance of the Google scholar among us!
                  Please take the following verses to reconsider if the Bible is fully inerrant;

(1) "and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses." Ezekiel (23) : 20.

(1) "While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof. A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." – Song of Solomon (1) : 12 – 13.

(2) "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies." – Song of Solomon (4) : 5.

(3) "I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour." – Song of Solomon (8) : 10.

(4) "This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples" Song of Solomon (7) : 7 – 8.

(5) "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." Song of Solomon (7) : 3.

Comment

Please take the following verses to reconsider if the Bible is fully inerrant;

(1) "and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses." Ezekiel (23) : 20.

(1) "While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof. A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." – Song of Solomon (1) : 12 – 13.

(2) "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies." – Song of Solomon (4) : 5.

(3) "I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour." – Song of Solomon (8) : 10.

(4) "This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples" Song of Solomon (7) : 7 – 8.

(5) "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." Song of Solomon (7) : 3.

1/ The Bible is not fully inerrant
                    2/ The things you are posting are not errors, they're poetical analogy or hyperbole. Simply literary devices used to heighten emotional response to the text: or to put it another way, a means to improve the audience's engagement with the text.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Just noting that my amen to 'bito's post is in regards to point 2/, not 1/, as I'm unconvinced that any error has been shown in the biblical text that is either unresolvable, or can be shown to be an error introduced in the original manuscripts, as opposed to having crept in during the copying/transmission of the text.

Comment

• I keep thinking that Hakeem's arguments can't get any worse, and then he proves me wrong!
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          Just noting that my amen to 'bito's post is in regards to point 2/, not 1/, as I'm unconvinced that any error has been shown in the biblical text that is either unresolvable, or can be shown to be an error introduced in the original manuscripts, as opposed to having crept in during the copying/transmission of the text.
                          Original texts may have been inerrant - but until someone brings them out of hiding, the only ones we do have contain occasional errors.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• There is no contradiction between 1st Kings 8:25 and 2nd Kings 9:29. The Hebrew word Malak means to become king or to reign. For example Donald Trump became President in 2016, but officially started his presidency in 2017. Your committing the fallacy of semantics and do not understand how a word is used in a different way and sense. Yawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

1/ The Bible is not fully inerrant
                              2/ The things you are posting are not errors, they're poetical analogy or hyperbole. Simply literary devices used to heighten emotional response to the text: or to put it another way, a means to improve the audience's engagement with the text.
                              You left out Proverbs 5:18-19.

Most of us guys know the Bible talks about breasts and we’re not upset about it. Might as well accept the reality of female beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                                You left out Proverbs 5:18-19.

Most of us guys know the Bible talks about breasts and we’re not upset about it. Might as well accept the reality of female beauty.

Well yes - but that wasn't in the list provided. Of course, I did miss 13B (in Song of Solomon (1) : 12 – 13) which is also literal.
                                Add to analogy and hyperbole, metaphor (just for the sake of completion)
                                And Song goes a lot further than just talking about breasts - even taking into account the possibility that metaphors might not be understood. (5:3-5 being one example)
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment