Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Innerancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    He's been told this over and over again. He equates a copyist error in the Bible with God lying for some strange reason.
    Saying "He equates a copyist error in the Bible with God lying for some strange reason" is not true and I deny that God errs. The source of this contradiction must be human and hence the Bible today is not fully inspired by God.

Comment

Still dodging the fact that by your own criteria the qur'an is not inspired by God I see

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
        Whether the result of this contradiction (between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2) in the Bible today is due to copyist error or other reasons, the fact remains this contradiction (between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2) proves that the Bible today is not fully inspired by God.
        No, it doesn't. It just disproves your misguided version of inspiration.

Comment

Whether the result of this contradiction (between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2) in the Bible today is due to copyist error or other reasons, the fact remains this contradiction (between 2 Kings 8:26 and 2 Chronicles 22:2) proves that the Bible today is not fully inspired by God.
          Because?

I mean, I hope you have some sort of argument for your silly conclusion.

Comment

Saying "He equates a copyist error in the Bible with God lying for some strange reason" is not true and I deny that God errs. The source of this contradiction must be human and hence the Bible today is not fully inspired by God.
            Most inerrantists aver that only the original manuscripts are inerrant.

As to what that says about "inspiration," meh, whatever.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
              I just take it to mean that the Bible is without error on what it teaches.
              So what does it teach ?

For instance, does it teach that Samuel the judge was an Ephraimite (1 Sam. 1) and a Levite ? Does it teach that Shem son of Noah lived 600 years ? (Rather than, say, Shem being legendary, or possibly a group, or some such ?) What is meant by “the Bible teaches” ? Is Psalm 114 teaching ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                So what does it teach ?

For instance, does it teach that Samuel the judge was an Ephraimite (1 Sam. 1) and a Levite ? Does it teach that Shem son of Noah lived 600 years ? (Rather than, say, Shem being legendary, or possibly a group, or some such ?) What is meant by “the Bible teaches” ? Is Psalm 114 teaching ?
                Your cat just revealed to me that Shem did in fact live 600 years, and I'm not about to argue with those eyes.

Comment

Inerrancy says nothing about what it teaches other than that it is true. The interpretations are not guaranteed by inerrancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                    Your cat just revealed to me that Shem did in fact live 600 years, and I'm not about to argue with those eyes.
                    That is certainly an answer LOL. Though how she would know, idk. And she does have adorable eyes.
                    Last edited by Rushing Jaws; 06-19-2018, 03:20 AM.

Comment

There are three things inerrancy is not: 1) Not the human reader. 2) Not the human copyist. 3) Not the human translator.

One thing it is: God's word.
                      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Errancy in the Bible is found in the form of contraditions.

A contradition of doctrinal nature is found between Matthew 5:8 (pure hearted ones will see God) and 1 Timothy 6:16 (no one can see God).

Matthew 5:8 says "blessed those who are pure in heart for they shall see God" ; however, " no one can see God" according to 1 Timothy 6:16.

Comment

Because?

I mean, I hope you have some sort of argument for your silly conclusion.
                          It does not matter what the reasons are for the existance of the contradition between 2 kings 8:26 and 2 chronicles 22:2.

What matters is the unchanged fact that the Bible today is not fully inspired by God with such contradition despite how this contradition got in today Bible.

By the way, contradition between 2 kings 8:26 and 2 chronicles 22:2 is one of many contraditions in Bible today.

Comment

Inerrancy says nothing about what it teaches other than that it is true. The interpretations are not guaranteed by inerrancy.
                            There are doctrinal contraditions in the Bible that cannot be due to interpretation. For example, matthew 5:8 says "blessed those who are pure in heart for THEY SHALL SEE GOD"; however, 1 Timothy 6:16 says " NO ONE CAN SEE GOD"

Comment

There are doctrinal contraditions in the Bible that cannot be due to interpretation. For example, matthew 5:8 says "blessed those who are pure in heart for THEY SHALL SEE GOD"; however, 1 Timothy 6:16 says " NO ONE CAN SEE GOD"
                              1 John 3:2 gives a clue how to resolve this apparent conundrum.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                1 John 3:2 gives a clue how to resolve this apparent conundrum.
                                1 John 3:2 reads "Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

Still it does not provide us with a solution as 1 Timothy 6:16 says " NO one CAN see God" while Matthew 5:8 says " the pure in heart shall SEE GOD"

Comment