Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Innerancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Sparko, if you get an answer, just ignore it and repeat the same claim and the same contradiction again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I guess that means the Quran is not God's inspired word either then.

From Carm.org:

What was man created from: blood, clay, dust, or nothing?
      "Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
      "We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
      "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
      "But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
      "He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).
      That's not the actual text of the Koran, so your argument is invalid. If it's not (in) Arabic, it's crap!
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        That's not the actual text of the Koran, so your argument is invalid. If it's not (in) Arabic, it's crap!
        You mean he is going to argue that only the ORIGINAL's are inspired and without error?

Comment

Using the-originals-donot-have-contraditions arguement does not solve the problem because ,for example, the Protestant Bible has 66 books whereas the Cathloic Bible has 73 books; both cannot Bible inspired by God even if we have the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
            Using the-originals-donot-have-contraditions arguement does not solve the problem because ,for example, the Protestant Bible has 66 books whereas the Cathloic Bible has 73 books; both cannot Bible inspired by God even if we have the originals.
            You did not answer my question about contradictions in the Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
              This is about the worst "contradiction" I've ever seen. You really need to up your game, Hakeem.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                This is about the worst "contradiction" I've ever seen. You really need to up your game, Hakeem.
                But some bibles have maps in them!

Comment

If I sit down with the Koran and I'm copying it and I do a typo, have I destroyed the inspiration of the Koran?

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                    If I sit down with the Koran and I'm copying it and I do a typo, have I destroyed the inspiration of the Koran?
                    I thought it was Quran!

Comment

• Did I just kill inspiration by saying that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                        Nope. You've made an error, and you should destroy it immediately so it doesn't get propagated.

sigpic

Comment

• It looks like by the standard of inerrancy and inspiration given here, I have.

Comment

Did I just kill inspiration by saying that?
                            I believe so. Mohammad will be so mad. Or is that Muhammad?

Comment

Did I just kill inspiration by saying that?
                              Nope. English doesn't count, you silly Brony.

sigpic

Comment

It looks like by the standard of inerrancy and inspiration given here, I have.
                                Only if you keep it.

sigpic

Comment