Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Innerancy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Based on what I've seen here and elsewhere on the Internet, I can't help but wonder if this is really the best Muslim apologetics has to offer.

(I mean, I honestly think Mormonism is patent nonsense, but it has a share of people who can try to defend it without being complete idiots.)
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    1 John 4:7 says "God is love" and "God is not unjust" in Hebrews 6:10, however, Deut 20:16-17 says "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you " as well as " Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

We all agree that God is love and just. But we cannot believe that killings of infants and all that breathes are attributed to God's order as per the above verses.
    Why not, doesn't Allah tell you to kill all infidels?

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone” (Quran 2:191-193).

“Strike off their heads and strike from them every fingertip” (Quran 8:12).
    Last edited by Sparko; 05-20-2019 at 06:15 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Toonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Based on what I've seen here and elsewhere on the Internet, I can't help but wonder if this is really the best Muslim apologetics has to offer.
    Sadly yes. Most Muslim "apologetics" I have seen is borrowed from atheism. An authorotarian faith wouldn't see a lot of reason to develop good arguments.

The fact that Same Old Same Old uses the old "the God of the Bible orders the killing of children" canard while ignoring the same kind of passages in the Quran is proof enough that they just borrow their material without thinking of the implications for themselves.

4. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Personal incredulity is not a contradiction.

You need to show that God determining when (and how) someone dies is in fact unjust. You need to demonstrate, for example, that Amalekite children were actually killed, AND that they were completely innocent, AND that their death deprived them of all opportunity to know God and receive His forgiveness for their sins.

IOW, that they went to hell because they were killed as a child, when they would have certainly gone to heaven otherwise. It's only in this circumstance that one might be able to argue that God was unjust. Since there is no way of demonstrating this, you're merely asserting a contradiction where none necessarily exists.

Hi Maxvel,

I am afraid you missed my point. Here is my point: how a loving (1 John 4:7) and a just God (Hebrews 6:10) orders the killings infants as in 1 Samuel 15:3. It is a theological conflict. We accept that God is loving and just. But it cannot be acceptable that God orders to kill infants.

Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wasn't aware that God owed anyone life....

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    God created life so he has the power to take it if he wishes. I find it funny your complaining and refuse to acknowledge your own Quran records these events of the flood and the wars of the Old Testament. Allah it seems can take life of his creation but according to you the Bible cannot.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is a theological conflict. We accept that God is loving and just. But it cannot be acceptable that God orders to kill infants.
    God sent His son to die for us so that we may have eternal life.
    Allah demands his followers send their own sons to die for him.

Talk about a theological conflict! And - Infants: The New Terrorist Weapon?

Rocks and glass houses, Hakeem.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    God sent His son to die for us so that we may have eternal life.
    Allah demands his followers send their own sons to die for him.

Talk about a theological conflict! And - Infants: The New Terrorist Weapon?

Rocks and glass houses, Hakeem.

In the case of Muslims that hypocritically accuse the God of the Old Testament of being cruel and vindictive, while ignoring all the problematic passages in the Quran, the phrase needs to be modified a bit. Don't say "You shouldn't throw rocks in glasshouses", but rather "You shouldn't launch rockets in glasshouses."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post

In the case of Muslims that hypocritically accuse the God of the Old Testament of being cruel and vindictive, while ignoring all the problematic passages in the Quran, the phrase needs to be modified a bit. Don't say "You shouldn't throw rocks in glasshouses", but rather "You shouldn't launch rockets in glasshouses."

Is it OK to confess that this actually made me laugh almost out loud, and it's Midnite-thirty here, and I scared Jake?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hi Maxvel,

I am afraid you missed my point. Here is my point: how a loving (1 John 4:7) and a just God (Hebrews 6:10) orders the killings infants as in 1 Samuel 15:3. It is a theological conflict. We accept that God is loving and just. But it cannot be acceptable that God orders to kill infants.

Why are you not concerned that Allah kills infants? Does that make Allah evil?

12. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.