Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Netflix Originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix Originals

HOLY COW THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

I've watched a handful of these (movies and shows). A couple have been great, a couple have been stupid, and a couple in between. Have any of you checked out any in particular that you would recommend? Or that you would recommend I avoid?

Here are a couple gems I've found:

Santa Clarita Diet - horror comedy with Drew Barrymore as a living dead, flesh-eating mom who just wants to make her marriage work and live a normal life. I thought it was hilarious.

Crazyhead - this one's a bit weird--British horror comedy with an odd sense of humor. I liked it though.

I'll add more if/when I think of them.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I enjoyed Patriot on Amazon Prime.
    It is a dark comedy.

I'll give the Santa Clarita diet a look-see.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Check out the one with Adam Sandler where he fakes his own death and moves to Mexico.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Stranger Things
        Marco Polo
        Daredevil

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Stranger Things
          Marco Polo
          Daredevil
          Oh yeah, Stranger Things. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Haven't given Marco Polo a watch yet, but I thought Daredevil was alright.

Comment

on Amazon:
            The man in the high castle. - alternate reality where the Nazis and the Japanese won.
            Bosch - Troubled cop who tries to do right.

Comment

Stranger Things
              Marco Polo
              Daredevil
              Saw a couple episodes of Daredevil while over at a friend's house. Not overly impressed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Saw a couple episodes of Daredevil while over at a friend's house. Not overly impressed.
                IMO, Daredevil himself was arguably one of, if not the, weakest parts of the show. The Punisher in season 2 was pretty cool, but by far and away the highlight of the show was the season 1 villain, who doesn't get screen time until later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I really liked Daredevil. But Luke Cage was the best of the 4 so far from an action standpoint, Daredevil is best for the fight scenes, and Jessica Jones told the best story. They should have been ashamed at the Iron Fist story from start to finish...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm watching season 1 of Fortitude, which is an Amazon Prime original. It's a murder mystery, basically (very basically), but there's a lot more to it than that, and it's started getting really weird.

I'm liking it.

Comment

I just watched Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. They are all good. And they tying them and Daredevil all together into The Defenders soon to be released.

Comment

Been watching The Crown.

Maybe you guys don't get that one. I'm enjoying it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Been watching The Crown.

Maybe you guys don't get that one. I'm enjoying it.
                          Don't you guys get enough of the Queen in real life much less watching some soap opera about her?

Comment

Don't you guys get enough of the Queen in real life much less watching some soap opera about her?
                            It's not a soap opera.

And I find it interesting.

Pretty sure we don't get a lot if the other shows you guys are talking about.

Stupid Canadian Netflix.

I guess I can't expect much more from a country that names their discovered cosmic phenomena "Steve".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I just watched Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. They are all good. And they tying them and Daredevil all together into The Defenders soon to be released.
                              i have a few iron fist episodes left to watch. so far I'm pretty disappointed. another superhero show with no superheroes (same as jessica jones, of which I couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes).
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment