Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Netflix Originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It's not a soap opera.

And I find it interesting.

Pretty sure we don't get a lot if the other shows you guys are talking about.

Stupid Canadian Netflix.

I guess I can't expect much more from a country that names their discovered cosmic phenomena "Steve".

Canada should be getting every netflix original since there's no wrangling over licensing.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Canada should be getting every netflix original since there's no wrangling over licensing.
      They might be there. I haven't looked for them all. And I'm probably not interested in them all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

i have a few iron fist episodes left to watch. so far I'm pretty disappointed. another superhero show with no superheroes (same as jessica jones, of which I couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes).
        Both started out slow but I was hooked by around the 4th episodes. Think of them more like a mystery detective show or a kung fu movie than a superhero show. Of all of them though, I think I like Daredevil the best.

Comment

But the kung fu in iron fist is rare and mediocre. And the MC is a pretty terrible character in general. The only thing that save this show for me are Ward and Harold.

Daredevil first season was ok, second was only saved by The Punisher (a show I'm actually looking forward to).
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Daredevil first season was ok, second was only saved by The Punisher (a show I'm actually looking forward to).
            I pretty much agree, but I still think Fisk was the best part of the show.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

But the kung fu in iron fist is rare and mediocre. And the MC is a pretty terrible character in general. The only thing that save this show for me are Ward and Harold.

So have you watched the Bill Nye show?

I watched the gender song on youtube. gah! that was bad. I think I will watch the show on netflix and make a drinking game out of how many really bad and tasteless things they say or do. I should pass out in the first 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I watched the gender song on youtube. gah! that was bad. I think I will watch the show on netflix and make a drinking game out of how many really bad and tasteless things they say or do. I should pass out in the first 15 minutes.
                But drunkenness is a sin.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  But drunkenness is a sin.
                  It is anesthesia from stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I pretty much agree, but I still think Fisk was the best part of the show.
                    I didn't like Fisk, he struck me as a giant man-baby who wouldn't last a day in his position. His relationship with that woman also struck me as completely unrealistic and artificial, there was zero chemistry between them.

I get a similar vibe from Iron Fist + the asian girl, although the forced romance is still the second most awkward, dumb, artificial moment of the show (the first would be her winning cage match against not one but two well built guys twice her size).

Comment

If you want to stay sober make a drinking game out of how much actual science gets mentioned.

Comment

I didn't like Fisk, he struck me as a giant man-baby who wouldn't last a day in his position. His relationship with that woman also struck me as completely unrealistic and artificial, there was zero chemistry between them.

I get a similar vibe from Iron Fist + the asian girl, although the forced romance is still the second most awkward, dumb, artificial moment of the show (the first would be her winning cage match against not one but two well built guys twice her size).
                        yeah but you have to remember, these are basically comic books. It's not like you should expect a lot of depth in the characters.

Comment

If you want to stay sober make a drinking game out of how much actual science gets mentioned.
                          lol.

Yeah you can do that with Scorpion too. I am amazed at how bad the science is in a show that is supposedly based on a real Genius. Of course the word on the net about the real Walter O'brien is that he is a fraud and a scam artist, so I guess it does make sense that the show is full of really bad science after all.

Comment

yeah but you have to remember, these are basically comic books. It's not like you should expect a lot of depth in the characters.
                            I don't expect a lot of depth, I do expect consistency and quality. Compare Rand/whatsherface "romance" with the one in the Maguire spiderman movies to see what i mean. Neither had any depth but one was believable and the other was two hobos kissing while some hollywood pervert threw coins at them. And they are supposed to be based on comic books, but instead of simulating the style and feeling of that medium they're mostly going for more soap opera garbage (and failing). It's why the main character, who's supposed to be a comic book superhero, has very little in common with an actual superhero, including barely ever using his superpower.

If you're looking for supernatural action I recommend the "new" Teen Wolf show from MTV (of all places). Roughly the same genre, but much better overall in nearly every aspect.

Comment

Mystery Science Theater 3000 reboot is now a Netflix original. I watched the first episode today and it was good!
                              "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Done with the superhero stuff, I watched Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Jessica Jones was pretty terrible aside from the main character and the villain, pretty much an odious feminist lecture that didn't fit in with the show at all (not that feminists are smart enough for subtlety), but still better than Iron Fist, which improved slightly towards the end (but not nearly enough to pull it out of the hole it started in). Luke Cage also suffers from a lack of action (like all of them except daredevil did), but at least the drama is of much higher quality.

I'd order them Luke Cage >>>> Daredevil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jessica Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron Fist

I REALLY hope The Punisher kicks it up a notch, although the SJWs at netflix are just as likely to cancel it as ruin it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X