Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stuff and Nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, some pluses.

Talked to the lawyer - the upshot is while eventually, the landlord will win, this particular suit will probably be dismissed because they failed to follow proper procedure.

I filed my answer this morning. The lawyer was figuring the hearing would be the first week of May but the clerk said that the court will be out for several weeks. I should get a response later this week telling me when the hearing will be.

Translation: I may have more time than I'd hoped.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Meeting with the creditors was today. None of them showed up for the hearing.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Okay, Wednesday I go to the doctor. I think my supplements are out of whack which would explain the anxiety and feeling bad so much.

BUT, on the good news front, I got the court date for the eviction - JUNE 12th!!!!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Do you still have to pay rent?
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yep. At least I have to try.

Regardless of whether or not Mr Paycheck can...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Which ceases to be an issue - they are STILL garnishing my pay, I had two days of LWOP, not just one, and the second fell on this check. Already paid the bankruptcy payment (had to) and didn't know about the garnishment until yesterday. Paying it wasn't ever an option - I only got 2/3rds of my pay and I don't make much to begin with.

On the bright side, nothing bounced. On the not bright side, I'm broke again and payday is a week away.

Annual review today - I'm passionate about helping customers which is good but I try too hard which is bad. Translation: can't win.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Seven dollars in the bank - so I get to go to work Monday. Yay...

Talked to the lawyer's office yesterday - they are supposed to be making calls. The garnishments are supposed to stop - but they haven't. I need that money.

Gonna work on job hunt tomorrow...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment