Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Stuff and Nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff and Nonsense

So, the house is in limbo - the landlord hasn't gone to court yet. I'm wondering if they just don't want the expense - which will probably cost more than the entire lease worth of rent (yes, it's cheap) - and are hoping to wait me out. Since I didn't plan to stay the entire six months, that's fine with me. I just need something until I can get the bankruptcy finished and a new job.

The bankruptcy is officially filed. There's a question about the car - I want to redeem and my lawyer is more inclined to let it go or re-affirm. But I want a payment I can afford now without the hassle of trying to buy another car.

Beginning the preliminary work on the job hunt tomorrow.

I would have begun today but I didn't feel at all well this morning. It's like I can't get enough sleep.

This paycheck is gonna be stretched a lot thin - but the next one should be much improved. For the first time in two years, I'll have an affordable rent payment to make. A couple more things have to come out of that one but it shouldn't be a problem.

Car payment and power both coming this week - ewwww....

But, it's still definite progress.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Or not - detainer came today.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

what's a detainer?

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

It's the official document from the court. I have seven days to answer. I called Legal Services yesterday. They were transferring my case and I haven't heard anything yet.

In other news, my paycheck was still garnished - and the power company didn't process their payment on time. Result - I went to get cat food this morning thinking I had most of my paycheck still in the bank and couldn't buy cat food. The payment that should have come out of the last check came out of this one - with a overdraft fee, of course and because I wasn't paid that much to begin with, I now have no money until next Thursday. Called the lawyer and they will get the garnishment stopped but that doesn't help right this minute.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

who is garnishing your paycheck and why?

Comment

Do you have enough money to buy food for you, Laura?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Do you have enough money to buy food for you, Laura?
                      That, like it or not, must be your first priority.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Comment

So, I'm slow on the update part.

A friend graciously helped me out. Got the phone paid and food - and a tire repaired. I didn't know it was punctured until yesterday - no tire would mean no job - but it proved to be just a puncture and it has been fixed, praise God!

Tomorrow I have got to talk to the lawyer about the eviction - she said in her voicemail that the deadline is Tuesday but it's still cutting it way too close.

Friday we have the meeting with the creditors.

Hopefully, I get my full paycheck Thursday - none of the garnishments were stopped despite the filing.

But God is good. And He is RISEN!!!!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment