Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do Republicans have so many sex scandals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is Fox's self-proclaimed values:

The Fox Nation was created for people who believe in the United States of America and its ideals, as expressed in the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Emancipation Proclamation. It is a community that believes in the American Dream: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. One that believes being an American is an honor, as well as a great responsibility – and a wonderful adventure.
    This is a place for people who believe we live in a great country, a welcoming refuge for legal immigrants who want to contribute their talents and abilities to make our way of life even greater. We believe we should enjoy the company and support of each other, delighting in the creativity, ingenuity, and work ethic of one and all, while observing the rules of civility and mutual respect and, most importantly, strengthening our diverse society by striving for unity.

The Fox Nation is committed to the core principles of tolerance, open debate, civil discourse, and fair and balanced coverage of the news. It is for those opposed to intolerance, excessive government control of our lives, and attempts to monopolize opinion or suppress freedom of thought, expression, and worship.

We invite all Americans who share these values to join us here at Fox Nation.

http://nation.foxnews.com/our-purpose

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Ah! So in your mind you separate Conservative values, as actively promoted by Ailes and co. at Fox, from Conservative moral values. I see. Just as well given the moral reprobates who were the leading lights at Fox News!
      You're too stupid for me to continue this dialogue with you. Have fun being an ignoramus.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        He simply wants you to corroborate your accusation that Fox is a "self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values." When has the network ever made this claim?
        AT this point, I'm convinced he's just being a moron on purpose.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Here is Fox's self-proclaimed values:

The Fox Nation was created for people who believe in the United States of America and its ideals, as expressed in the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Emancipation Proclamation. It is a community that believes in the American Dream: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. One that believes being an American is an honor, as well as a great responsibility – and a wonderful adventure.
          This is a place for people who believe we live in a great country, a welcoming refuge for legal immigrants who want to contribute their talents and abilities to make our way of life even greater. We believe we should enjoy the company and support of each other, delighting in the creativity, ingenuity, and work ethic of one and all, while observing the rules of civility and mutual respect and, most importantly, strengthening our diverse society by striving for unity.

The Fox Nation is committed to the core principles of tolerance, open debate, civil discourse, and fair and balanced coverage of the news. It is for those opposed to intolerance, excessive government control of our lives, and attempts to monopolize opinion or suppress freedom of thought, expression, and worship.

We invite all Americans who share these values to join us here at Fox Nation.
          [/box]
          http://nation.foxnews.com/our-purpose
          Can you seriously not see how this sounds like conservative rhetoric? I mean, it reads like something from the Heritage Foundation. And please don't give some sarcastic comeback about how liberals aren't real Americans or something, I'm not going to be up for dealing with that nonsense today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            Can you seriously not see how this sounds like conservative rhetoric? I mean, it reads like something from the Heritage Foundation. And please don't give some sarcastic comeback about how liberals aren't real Americans or something, I'm not going to be up for dealing with that nonsense today.
            I find it curious that a statement that simply espouses the beliefs and convictions of our Founding Fathers as stated in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution is dismissed by liberals as "conservative rhetoric". What part of FOX News' stated purpose do you take issue with?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I find it curious that a statement that simply espouses the beliefs and convictions of our Founding Fathers as stated in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution is dismissed by liberals as "conservative rhetoric". What part of FOX News' stated purpose do you take issue with?
              I don't particularly care about the statement, or really take issue it -- they're just meaningless punchlines nowadays.

But come off it, you know that statement is designed to attract conservatives to the website.

Comment

...you know that statement is designed to attract conservatives to the website.
                What part of the statement do you think liberals would take issue with?

Comment

Where does it say anything about "conservative morals?" To me it sounds just patriotic something both liberals and conservatives should applaud.

Comment

Where does it say anything about "conservative morals?" To me it sounds just patriotic something both liberals and conservatives should applaud.
                    But didn't you know? Patriotism is a conservative value!

Comment

He's right, progressives are anti-patriotic (except when they have to play pretend to attract the center), have no respect for the constitution and would love nothing more than to turn the entire world into a bland homogenous corporate consumer base.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Ah, here we go. This is why the liberals don't like the Fox statement:

"It is for those opposed to intolerance, excessive government control of our lives, and attempts to monopolize opinion or suppress freedom of thought, expression, and worship."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          He simply wants you to corroborate your accusation that Fox is a "self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values." When has the network ever made this claim?
                          "Roger Ailes, former driving force behind Fox: “You’re not saying the conservative things that I want you to say, and you could be a real role model, and you could be a real star, if only you could sound conservative," As recalled by former Fox anchor Alisyn Camerota.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00fa7de1516c1

As for Conservative moral values", you're right. Morality clearly has nothing to do with Conservative values at Fox...witness the sexual harassment perpetrated by Ailes and O'Reilly.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I find it curious that a statement that simply espouses the beliefs and convictions of our Founding Fathers as stated in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution is dismissed by liberals as "conservative rhetoric".
                            So you don't know what "conservative" means. Or "rhetoric".

Espousing the beliefs and convictions of 200 years ago that way is "conservative rhetoric" by definition.
                            Last edited by Roy; 04-27-2017, 03:09 AM.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Espousing the beliefs and convictions of 200 years ago that way is "conservative rhetoric" by definition.
                              I don't know about this one, Roy.

In a sense the Constitution is a contract between the government and the people. Insisting that contract be enforced isn't really conservative just because the contract has been around for a very long time. I don't think of a contract as liberal or conservative, it is just an agreement to which two parties have given consent.

For example, if you didn't make your house payment and the bank came around to collect could you say, "Well, that mortgage contract is 25 years old and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop using 'conservative rhetoric' while trying to collect your money."

I don't think asking that a contract be honored is anything other than contractual rhetoric.
                              It would be weird to label someone who wanted to enforce a contract as partisan.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

Comment