Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do Republicans have so many sex scandals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    o'reilly lost what, 75 million dollars and his job? 75 million sounds pretty steep to me.
    Oh really! Ailes and O'Reilly are both walking away with millions of dollars. And yet:

“Ailes built not just a conservative cable news channel but something like a fourth branch of government; a propaganda arm for the GOP; an organization that determined Republican presidential candidates, sold wars, and decided the issues of the day for 2 million viewers. That the place turned out to be rife with grotesque abuses of power has left even its liberal critics stunned. More than two dozen women have come forward to accuse Ailes of sexual harassment, and what they have exposed is both a culture of misogyny and one of corruption and surveillance, smear campaigns and hush money, with implications reaching far wider than one disturbed man at the top.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ger-ailes.html

Of course, you idiots think making a lewd remark should result in being executed or something so I'm not surprised that isn't "steep" enough for you. At this point I'm pretty much aspiring to be a sexual harassment victim because I'd be a few comments about my butt away from a multi-million dollars payout.
    So it's OK to trivialise victims of sexual harassment apparently, gotta love your Conservative moral values.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      It is perceived by Conservatives as the preferred news source:[/url]
      Give it up, Tazzy ---- your original statement was a steaming pile of horsie poo, and you're just twisting in the wind.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        From presents itself as to perceived by some as [ATTACH=CONFIG]22059[/ATTACH]

Yeah, I think it's physically impossible for him to say "yeah, I may have overstated...."
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

“Ailes built not just a conservative cable news channel but something like a fourth branch of government; a propaganda arm for the GOP....
          So THIS is the real reason for your rancor... Ailes was able to build a counter to the mainstream elitist leftist propaganda arm for the DNC, and give the "drop even the pretense of fairness" lefties a run for their money.

Comment

Oh really! Ailes and O'Reilly are both walking away with millions of dollars.
            So what? What does their issue with various women have to do with whether Fox owes them money as per their contract? Neither of them have even been convicted in a court of law.

O'reilly was getting 25 million dollars A YEAR. Claiming that his losing that contract is actually him benefitting is insanely stupid.

So it's OK to trivialise victims of sexual harassment apparently, gotta love your Conservative moral values.
            Like I said, I'd trade having lewd remarks thrown my way for millions of dollars any day. It's not me trivializing sexual harassment, it's that it actually is a trivial issue compared to the overbloated payout. You can falsely accuse someone of sexual harassment and rob them of milions of dollars just because they want to make you go away.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So THIS is the real reason for your rancor... Ailes was able to build a counter to the mainstream elitist leftist propaganda arm for the DNC, and give the "drop even the pretense of fairness" lefties a run for their money.
              Of course he doesn't have a single problem with liberal outlets like CNN and The New York Times and all the rest giving what are essentially "gift in kind" handouts to the Democrat party.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                No, you were querying my assertion that Fox saw itself as the font of Conservative values. It did! Ailes made that his stated mission. AND it was perceived by Conservatives as such. Hence its position as the preferred news source for conservatives. .
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  So what? What does their issue with various women have to do with whether Fox owes them money as per their contract? Neither of them have even been convicted in a court of law.
                  Are yoiu casting doubt on their claims?

O'reilly was getting 25 million dollars A YEAR. Claiming that his losing that contract is actually him benefitting is insanely stupid.
                  I didn't claim that Ailes and O'Reilly benefited. But walking away with millions of dollars is hardly punitive considering their "grotesque abuses of power" More than two dozen women came forward to accuse Ailes and O'Reilly of sexual harassment, and what they exposed was both a culture of misogyny and one of corruption and surveillance, smear campaigns and hush money, with implications reaching far wider than one disturbed man at the top.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ger-ailes.html

Like I said, I'd trade having lewd remarks thrown my way for millions of dollars any day. It's not me trivializing sexual harassment, it's that it actually is a trivial issue compared to the overbloated payout. You can falsely accuse someone of sexual harassment and rob them of milions of dollars just because they want to make you go away.
                  Yes it IS you trivializing sexual harassment by implying, without evidence, that the women were in it for the money. I'm sure the highly expensive lawyers retained by Murdoch and co would not have recommended paying out such large sums, nor losing such top revenue earners in Ailes and O'Reilly, if there was any other way around it.

Comment

Source: Breitbart

Speaking to Breitbart News, the victims of Bill Clinton’s alleged sexual assaults — Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, and Paula Jones – blasted the news media for purportedly dismissing their own accusations while hailing the recent sexual harassment charges against Bill O’Reilly that led to the former television host’s dismissal from Fox News last week.

All three women made clear they were not defending O’Reilly, but criticizing what they described as a news media double standard when it came to the treatment of their own serious charges against Clinton.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...illy-coverage/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      No, you were querying my assertion that Fox saw itself as the font of Conservative values.
                      At this point, I can't tell if you're just that blatantly dishonest, or downright stupid. I was not "querying" it, I was challenging it as false. Here is what you actually said... (bolding mine)

They were face of Fox, that self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values.
                      Why can't you just be a big boy and say, "ok, I exaggerated a bit".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Source: Breitbart

Speaking to Breitbart News, the victims of Bill Clinton’s alleged sexual assaults — Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, and Paula Jones – blasted the news media for purportedly dismissing their own accusations while hailing the recent sexual harassment charges against Bill O’Reilly that led to the former television host’s dismissal from Fox News last week.

All three women made clear they were not defending O’Reilly, but criticizing what they described as a news media double standard when it came to the treatment of their own serious charges against Clinton.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...illy-coverage/

© Copyright Original Source

It appears that many of the companies like Pfizer, Allstate, Bayer, and Eli Lilly that stopped advertising on O'Reilly's show because of the allegations against him were also heavy contributors to the Clinton Foundation
                        Last edited by rogue06; 04-25-2017, 05:17 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          At this point, I can't tell if you're just that blatantly dishonest, or downright stupid. I was not "querying" it, I was challenging it as false. Here is what you actually said... (bolding mine)

Why can't you just be a big boy and say, "ok, I exaggerated a bit".
                          Ah! So in your mind you separate Conservative values, as actively promoted by Ailes and co. at Fox, from Conservative moral values. I see. Just as well given the moral reprobates who were the leading lights at Fox News!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            It appears that many of the companies like Pfizer, Allstate, Bayer, and Eli Lilly that stopped advertising on O'Reilly's show because of the allegations against him were also heavy contributors to the Clinton Foundation
                            No surprise there - many large corporations contribute to both repubs and dems, so that they've got influence regardless of which party is in government. The same happens in the UK, albeit on a smaller scale.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              No surprise there - many large corporations contribute to both repubs and dems, so that they've got influence regardless of which party is in government. The same happens in the UK, albeit on a smaller scale.
                              Aside from the fact that O'Reilly is not a Republican, in this case they boycotted one because of allegations of sexual harassment while supporting the other in spite of allegations of not just harassment but far worse.

Still, you are right about contributions made to the Clinton Foundation being made because they expected to have influence with a Hillary Clinton Administration (pay for play, quid pro quo or what have you), and now that this won't happen it seems that donations have rapidly dried up (as have offers of $200,000 for a couple minutes long speech).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Ah! So in your mind you separate Conservative values, as actively promoted by Ailes and co. at Fox, from Conservative moral values. I see. Just as well given the moral reprobates who were the leading lights at Fox News!
                                He simply wants you to corroborate your accusation that Fox is a "self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values." When has the network ever made this claim?

Comment