Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do Republicans have so many sex scandals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Further, as you noted, they "have been forced out" because of their behavior. They were held accountable. Hardly what constitutes "hypocrisy" wouldn't you agree?
    Fox had been forced to act amid constant ongoing sexual harassment at the company by O Reilly and Ailes. These problems had been known about for years and not acted upon until they could no longer be swept under the carpet, as previously. So yes, "hypocrisy".
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      They were face of Fox, that self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values.
      Again, asking you to back up this goofy assertion.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Can you please show where they advertised themselves as such?
        They haven't. It's the left that is hyperventilating over this and coming up with fanciful notions like Riley being a celebrated and influential leader of the Republican party.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Fox had been forced to act amid constant ongoing sexual harassment at the company by O Reilly and Ailes. These problems had been known about for years and not acted upon until they could no longer be swept under the carpet, as previously. So yes, "hypocrisy".
          They were held accountable and paid a steep price.

Unlike Bill Clinton who just rode it out when his predatory behavior became something the Hillary's "nuts and sluts" war room could no longer sweep under the rug.

Unlike Timothy Geithner who just rode it out and became Secretary of Treasury (which oversees the IRS) after his serial tax cheating became known and could no longer be swept under the rug.

Unlike Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) who charged the taxpayers for use of a private airplane she owned and didn't pay property taxes on for years (all she had to do was pay what was owed, no interest, penalties or any of the things an average citizen would be faced with in such circumstances) and continues on her merry way.

Unlike Al Sharpton, who has for years owed over $4 million in back taxes, simply ignores it and continues on his way.

For the most part those on the left are not held accountable for their actions and as a result suffers no consequences.

And you want to talk about hypocrisy

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            They haven't. It's the left that is hyperventilating over this and coming up with fanciful notions like Riley being a celebrated and influential leader of the Republican party.
            O'Reilly isn't even a Republican and isn't actually conservative (he's actually a traditionalist and populist).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I know, Tazzy is just spewing forth his usual crackpottery.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                They were held accountable and paid a steep price.
                Only when their harassment scandals could no longer be buried or paid off. And their multi-million dollar severance packages hardly amount to paying "a steep price".
                Last edited by Tassman; 04-23-2017, 12:37 AM.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Again, asking you to back up this goofy assertion.
                  Not so "goofy", given that it's perceived by many as the defender of conservative values:

“Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny,” declared a lawsuit filed by Fox anchor Andrea Tantaros alleging sexual harassment by Ailes and others. Now, it appears that O’Reilly has also been very much a part of that behind-the-scenes culture."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...405-story.html

Comment

Not so "goofy", given that it's perceived by many as the defender of conservative values:
                    That wasn't your goofy claim, THIS was....

They were face of Fox, that self-proclaimed promoter of Conservative moral values.
                    Your notion that "it's perceived by many" is a far cry from your goofus claim. It is not at all unusual for you to come up with "perceptions" that are devoid of reality.

Comment

Only when their harassment scandals could no longer be buried or paid off. And their multi-million dollar severance packages hardly amount to paying "a steep price".
                      o'reilly lost what, 75 million dollars and his job? 75 million sounds pretty steep to me.

Of course, you idiots think making a lewd remark should result in being executed or something so I'm not surprised that isn't "steep" enough for you. At this point I'm pretty much aspiring to be a sexual harassment victim because I'd be a few comments about my butt away from a multi-million dollars payout.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Maybe O'Reilly should run as the Democratic presidential candidate for 2020.
                        That way he could morph from a sexual predator into a victim and his sexual indiscretions with no longer be any of our business.
                        As a bonus, he could lie to investigators and it would be OK.
                        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

The point is that for many liberals here there is no level at which they are ever held accountable and have to pay the price.

Comment

“Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny,” declared a lawsuit filed by Fox anchor Andrea Tantaros alleging sexual harassment by Ailes and others. Now, it appears that O’Reilly has also been very much a part of that behind-the-scenes culture."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...405-story.html
                            From presents itself as to perceived by some as smiley goal posts.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              o'reilly lost what, 75 million dollars and his job? 75 million sounds pretty steep to me.

Of course, you idiots think making a lewd remark should result in being executed or something so I'm not surprised that isn't "steep" enough for you. At this point I'm pretty much aspiring to be a sexual harassment victim because I'd be a few comments about my butt away from a multi-million dollars payout.
                              Only if it's a Republican making the lewd remark. Progressives automagically get a pass.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Your notion that "it's perceived by many" is a far cry from your goofus claim. It is not at all unusual for you to come up with "perceptions" that are devoid of reality.
                                It is perceived by Conservatives as the preferred news source:

"Conservatives, on the other hand, demonstrate strong allegiance to Fox News. Among those with mostly conservative values, Fox is the only source trusted by a majority (72%). And among those who are consistently conservative, nearly nine-in-ten (88%) trust it as a source — by far the highest level of trust by any ideological group of any single source".

http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21...eft-and-right/

Comment