Does Religion Make You Stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    How ironic. Its truly amazing to see how un-self aware some people are.
    I am just so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Listen, Starlight. If this forum does not live up to your standards. If this forum is truly as terrible as you say it is...filled with some of the worst Christians you know...(read closely now) NO ONE IS KEEPING YOU HERE. You are free to go, and never look back. It's very simple. If you dislike this place so much, then don't post here.
      This might be good advice, but I for one hope you will not take it. I would very much like to know how it is that in spite of being told you are wrong, you keep on with your own error. Catholic, Orthodox and various protestant members here, and they come from all over the world, have pointed out that things you claim are foreign to their beliefs. Not one orthodox Christian has ever supported these claims yet you insist that this stuff is main stream. Why?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by starlight View Post
        i was thinking.
        ecree.
        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Sam leaving had more to do with politics than it did theology. He rarely if ever posted anything that wasn't confined to the Civics subforum. We have Christians from every single major denomination posting here, and we come from all over the world. I've been to the other Christian forums. The only thing that makes this forum "really weird" is its thorough understanding of Biblical scholarship, Christian history, theology, and philosophy. Compared to all of the other major Christian forums out there, like Christianforums.com, TheologyOnline, Bibleforums.org, Christianityboard, Puritanboard, etc., Theologyweb stands head and shoulders above the rest. It really and honestly does. I've been looking for other forums to post on. There simply aren't any with this level of knowledge, or if there are, they're not nearly as large and active.
          Although it isn't really a Christian forum, Reddit's Academic Biblical PALES in comparison to TWeb. People here actually engage with opposing views, rather than ranting about "apologetics," or what some nebulous "critical scholars" think.

Comment