Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A brother's house burned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brother's house burned

Hello everyone.

Today, a fire burned the house of one of our brothers at the University's Bible study group. He and his family are fine, thanks to the Father; they were not home at the time.

We are currently gathering clothing, food and money for them -- and praying for them. His name is Felipe (that is Phillip); he says he and his family are, all in all, in peace, and asked for prayers so the Lord would continue to give them peace and tranquillity through this.

Any prayers for them will be very appreciated. Thank you all and be very blessed in Christ,

Isaac.
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Prayed.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

ing
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers :)

Our brother and his family were given a place to stay at the school where his mother works. The house burned to the ground and nothing could be saved, but they and their animals are fine, and Felipe's things were mostly elsewhere (in the city where we study). Now the efforts are towards getting whatever kind of cloting they are missing (i.e. not covered by the donations they've received so far), helping Felipe continue his studies, and gathering money for the house things (furniture, home appliances...) and other needs. There's no plan yet for building a new house as far as I know, that's for later surely.

From what those brethren who have been with the family have told, they are surprisingly at peace -- so we pray they continue to be, and for all their needs to be covered throughout the next weeks and months, as the Lord allows, through brethren and non-brethren, according to His times.
                  We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                  - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                  In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                  Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Continuing to

Comment