Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is your #1 issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    You know what I believe about evolution. There's no reason to call me an ogre.
    I think the ogre is supposed to represent him, mossrose.

If you don't mind me asking, are you a young earth creationist? Not trying to bait you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
      I think the ogre is supposed to represent him, mossrose.

If you don't mind me asking, are you a young earth creationist? Not trying to bait you.
      I know rogue was not calling me an ogre. Thanks, sea.

Yes, I am yec.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yes, I am yec.
        How can someone as old as you be a YEC?
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Gravity is repeatable and hence has been proven.

Evolution has not.
          Evolution is also repeatable and hence has been proven. Creationists like to play games ("I've never seen a duck turn into a gorilla!"), but these games always involve special pleading. Imagine if you consistently attacked gravity the same way:

"I've never seen a giant meteor slam into the planet surface, I have no reason to believe "gravity" exists. Sure, smaller objects fall but that's just microgravity. There is no evidence macrogravity exists. If it did the moon would fall on earth."
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yes, I am yec.
            Is that something you base on scientific evidence, or just the book of Genesis?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Evolution is also repeatable and hence has been proven. Creationists like to play games ("I've never seen a duck turn into a gorilla!"), but these games always involve special pleading. Imagine if you consistently attacked gravity the same way:

"I've never seen a giant meteor slam into the planet surface, I have no reason to believe "gravity" exists. Sure, smaller objects fall but that's just microgravity. There is no evidence macrogravity exists. If it did the moon would fall on earth."
              Please be civil to mossrose.

Comment

Is that something you base on scientific evidence, or just the book of Genesis?

I am not going to discuss this in this thread, sea, as it has already gone off topic as to the op.

And I'm not really interested in discussing it elsewhere, as it has already been done to death.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am not going to discuss this in this thread, sea, as it has already gone off topic as to the op.

And I'm not really interested in discussing it elsewhere, as it has already been done to death.

OK, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    How can someone as old as you be a YEC?
                    Well, compared to Mossrose the earth is young, whether you believe it's 4.54 billion years, or 6000 years.

Comment

I have no problem with you taking Revelation over science.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Hitler.

There, I said it.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You know what's really hard to believe?

I'm 'daddy' to two cats now.

Comment

You've come over to the dark side!

Comment

Oh great, Sea of red is one of those 'cat trapped in a man's body' weirdos.
                              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                                Oh great, Sea of red is one of those 'cat trapped in a man's body' weirdos.
                                It is healthy that he finally came out though...

All_Dressed_Up239.jpg
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment