Christ is Risen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    He is God. He can make His own perfect uncursed clothes from nothing for Himself if He wants to.
    I'm pretty sure that Jesus could solve all the plots of every story in a nanosecond if He wanted too...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Hristos Inviat!
      Adevarat a inviat! (btw there is an A between Hristos and Inviat too)
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Adevarat a inviat! (btw there is an A between Hristos and Inviat too)
        Thanks for the tip - not sure why I missed that.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I watched a history channel show about them making a 3D model of the face from the Shroud of Turin. It was actually well done and the resultant face was both middle eastern and eerily like the standard depictions of Christ in history. They were also able to map the blood stains on the body, showing how beat up he was. They said he looked like he had been in a car wreck. It was shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I watched a history channel show about them making a 3D model of the face from the Shroud of Turin. It was actually well done and the resultant face was both middle eastern and eerily like the standard depictions of Christ in history. They were also able to map the blood stains on the body, showing how beat up he was. They said he looked like he had been in a car wreck. It was shocking.

I can't wait to meet him face to face!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              I can't wait to meet him face to face!
              Amen to that.
              sigpic

Comment

True... except that people in the Bible were always frightened when they saw a angel/Theophany/Christophany, so it might be a bit scary at first before we get told to not be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  True... except that people in the Bible were always frightened when they saw a angel/Theophany/Christophany, so it might be a bit scary at first before we get told to not be afraid.
                  True, I will probably fall on my face and puke out of fear - but it will be worth it!
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Hopefully no fear induced potty accidents... that would be embarrassing....

Comment

Hopefully no fear induced potty accidents... that would be embarrassing....

"Some people talk as if meeting the gaze of absolute goodness would be fun. They need to think again. They are still only playing with religion. Goodness is either the great safety or the great danger, according to the way you react to it." CS Lewis

Comment

"Some people talk as if meeting the gaze of absolute goodness would be fun. They need to think again. They are still only playing with religion. Goodness is either the great safety or the great danger, according to the way you react to it." CS Lewis
                        Or both at the same time. Omnipotence can't be safe. If it were "safe", it wouldn't really be omnipotence. God is not safe, but He is good.

Comment

God is not safe, but He is good.
                          I love that line:

“Aslan is a lion- the Lion, the great Lion." "Ooh" said Susan. "I'd thought he was a man. Is he-quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver ..."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you.”

Comment

I love that line:

“Aslan is a lion- the Lion, the great Lion." "Ooh" said Susan. "I'd thought he was a man. Is he-quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver ..."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you.”
                            Good on you for getting the reference!

Comment

True, I will probably fall on my face and puke out of fear - but it will be worth it!
                              I mean, we will all probably fall on our knees when He returns, but seeing as we will have gotten our glorified resurrection bodies and our sinful nature stripped away I'm not sure it will be because of fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                                I mean, we will all probably fall on our knees when He returns, but seeing as we will have gotten our glorified resurrection bodies and our sinful nature stripped away I'm not sure it will be because of fear.
                                I don't know, to see the fully glorified Christ as described in Revelations might be a bit disconcerting. I think there always will remain a "terrible aspect" to the nature of God.

Comment