Christ is Risen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I mean, we will all probably fall on our knees when He returns, but seeing as we will have gotten our glorified resurrection bodies and our sinful nature stripped away I'm not sure it will be because of fear.
    Methinks, whether we can have fear or not at that time:
    Fear=reverence, YES. In that sense I think our "fear of the Lord" will reach its epitome then; we'll obviously revere Him more as we know Him more :-)
    Fear=fright, NO, perfect love drives that out (1 Jn somewhere)

:D
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Cristo ha resucitado!
      Last edited by One Bad Pig; 04-19-2017, 09:55 AM.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Christo ha resucitado!
        Remove the H there, then remove this post of mine ;-)
        We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
        - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
        In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
        Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bisto View Post
          Remove the H there, then remove this post of mine ;-)
          Fixed, but I'll leave your corrective. Silly me for thinking I could rely on google.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21934[/ATTACH]

Hope everyone has a great Easter.
            I went to Walmart, did some homework, and playd D&D. It was a pretty good day.

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
            He is God. He can make His own perfect uncursed clothes from nothing for Himself if He wants to.
            One thing I'v wonderd about is if Jesus is realy the son of God, coodn't he giv himself morfeen or something to make the pain go away?
            Last edited by stfoskey15; 04-20-2017, 01:33 AM.
            Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
              I went to Walmart, did some homework, and playd D&D. It was a pretty good day.

One thing I'v wonderd about is if Jesus is realy the son of God, coodn't he giv himself morfeen or something to make the pain go away?
              That's what the wine mixed with gall (which he rejected) was for. If he'd wanted to, he could've opted out of the process at any time. He didn't.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                That's what the wine mixed with gall (which he rejected) was for. If he'd wanted to, he could've opted out of the process at any time. He didn't.
                Seems like Jesus always had to do things the hard way.
                Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Comment

Perhaps that is what it took to die for your sins so you could be forgiven.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Heroic sacrifices aren't supposed to be easy! Otherwise, it wouldn't really be a sacrifice.
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment