Jesus christ superstar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus christ superstar.

My family likes this movie. Well looking at it I am disappointed. Judas is portrayed as a good guy and Jesus is portrayed as some washed up rock star. My family thinks this makes more sense than the actual story. They also think this has brought more people together than the actual bible. Why?
    sigpic

I seriously doubt that their conclusion is correct, but I enjoyed it when it came out. It got me more interested in examining the source material.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      They also think this has brought more people together than the actual bible. Why?
      That doesn't even make sense; it's been out less than 50 years and the Bible has been around for over 1700 years.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It's a horrible movie.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          It's a horrible movie.
          I saw the play. Back in the early-mid 70s.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have never seen it, but the premise sounds terrible.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Andrew Lloyd Webber gets way too much acclaim. Most of his stuff is garbage.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Who?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Who?
                  Google is your friend

Comment

They think it weird that I say that Judah was an unrepentant greedy traitor who hanged himself to avoid dishonor and legal repercussions. Instead they think Judah was told by jesus to betray him.
                    sigpic

Comment

They think it weird that I say that Judah was an unrepentant greedy traitor who hanged himself to avoid dishonor and legal repercussions. Instead they think Judah was told by jesus to betray him.
                      Judas.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        If you really want to know and are not just making a statement.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

My family likes this movie. Well looking at it I am disappointed. Judas is portrayed as a good guy and Jesus is portrayed as some washed up rock star. My family thinks this makes more sense than the actual story. They also think this has brought more people together than the actual bible. Why?
                          I liked Godspell better, and I still watch The Passion of the Christ every Good Friday...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Our local high school drama club put on this play, and it was ... um.... they "Christianized" it (supposedly), and there was a LOT of scripture quoted - mostly the beatitudes and parables, which was impressive that the kids took time to learn so much scripture. But the character of Jesus was a hapless goofus, and, yeah, Judas was just a misguided cool dude.

I didn't like it at all.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Judas.
                              Pretty sure it was Judah; Judas would be the Latinized/Hellenized variant of it.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment