Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lie to a dying man

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

lie to a dying man

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...7124?cid=bitly

A man died peacefully in his Oregon home after his ex-wife lied to him that President Trump was impeached from office.

Michael Garland Elliott, 75, passed away on April 6 and was surrounded by his caregivers, neighbors and friends who loved him dearly, his ex-wife, Teresa Elliott, told the Daily News Monday.

Teresa, 68, who is described as Michael’s “best friend” in his obituary published in The Oregonian, said she told him Trump was impeached over the phone from her Austin, Tex. home.

“I knew it was his very, very last moments,” Teresa Elliott told The News. “I knew that would bring him comfort and it did. He then took his final breath.”
    Moderated By: Jedidiah

The name of this thread was changed because the use of a members name was used in a way that was deemed to be unacceptable.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Jedidiah; 04-19-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    So she lied to her ex husband - par for the course with liberals...
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object.” C.S. Lewis

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    So she lied to her ex husband - par for the course with liberals...
    I notice they die quite a bit as well.
    What's up with that?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

4. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    How long before she's eaten by guilt when she realizes that the very last thing her dying husband heard was a lie?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    How long before she's eaten by guilt when she realizes that the very last thing her dying husband heard was a lie?
    She is a leftist, your assuming that she has a conscience.
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object.” C.S. Lewis

7. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Liberal, guilt?

HAHAHAHAHA! You made a funny.

9. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Forever? Lies are only bad when a conservative tells them.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Liberal, guilt?

HAHAHAHAHA! You made a funny.
    Liberals feel guilt for all sorts of things.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Darth Executor, Meh Gerbil, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And want to make conservatives feel guilty too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Um, guys, isn't it far worse that the only words of comfort offered had to do with the election?

15. Amen DesertBerean, Meh Gerbil, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.