Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald and Ivanka Trump - Kissy face and huggy bear bear with China?

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Donald and Ivanka Trump - Kissy face and huggy bear bear with China?

Gone is the rhetoric of evil China, and now! Well . . . ah. business as usual, and President Xi Jinping is really, really a nice guy, ah . . . like Putin. Lots pf cheek warming and the rubbing wallets going on here.

Source: https://thinkprogress.org/ivanka-trump-business-china-723a9e7b0f7

Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago coincided with Ivanka Trump receiving new Chinese trademarks Days later, President Trump broke a campaign promise and decided not to label China a currency manipulator.

Within hours of the Chinese government granting provisional approval of three trademarks allowing Ivanka Trump to sell branded products in her name on April 6, Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner had dinner with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago, according to an Associated Press report.
    The monopoly rights would allow Ivanka to expand the Ivanka Trump Marks LLC brand into China, as she begins to launch her new activewear and an affordable jewelry collection. She will also be able to sell her brand’s jewelry, bags, and spa services.

There’s no hard evidence that Ivanka’s trademark approval was related to the Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago. But it’s clear that even as Ivanka has tried to distance herself from her namesake brand, her business benefits from her political career inside her West Wing office. The trade data resource company Panjiva Inc. found that U.S. imports of her namesake merchandise were up 40 percent in the first quarter of this year — coinciding with the time frame her father has been in office.

Days after the meeting between the two world leaders, President Trump had only nice things to say about the Chinese president. Less than a week after meeting with the president, Trump reneged on his campaign promise to penalize China for being a “currency manipulator” and instead said that China hasn’t manipulate its currency for months. He added that “taking the step now could jeopardize his talks with Beijing on confronting the threat of North Korea,” the Wall Street Journal reported.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So in your universe huge political favors are required to get trademarks to make handbags?
    God anointed Trump, he can do no wrong, and he's the best thing since Reagan!

3. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    So in your universe huge political favors are required to get trademarks to make handbags?
    well she's using the white house position to do this. at what point to we say cut this illegal crap out?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love it. Typical liberal news story. All innuendo and accusations, but they did put in this disclaimer: "There’s no hard evidence that Ivanka’s trademark approval was related to the Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago."

sheesh, the depths these reporters will go to to create fake news.

6. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    well she's using the white house position to do this. at what point to we say cut this illegal crap out?
    When there is actual evidence of it?

8. Amen Mountain Man, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    No, but in the universe of China it means whether you are protected in their market against rip offs, and given priority of any of these goods made in China to prime Chinese market.

I lived in China nine years and knew a number of executives of companies do in business in China, and trying to do business. If you do not pay through the nose, and sacrifice your ethics, you do not succeed. General Motors and Chrysler took the high road, and are not really succeeded . BMW and Volkswagun paid through the nose for influence, and dominate the market in China in their cars and other vehicles.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    circular balloonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    No, but in the universe of China it means whether you are protected in their market against rip offs, and given priority of any of these goods made in China to prime Chinese market.

I lived in China nine years and knew a number of executives of companies do in business in China, and trying to do business. If you do not pay through the nose, and sacrifice your ethics, you do not succeed. General Motors and Chrysler took the high road, and are not really succeeded . BMW and Volkswagun paid through the nose for influence, and dominate the market in China in their cars and other vehicles.
    I don't think a multi-billion dollar automotive concern quite ranks up there with a small assortment of handbags.
    That said, I don't care if Trump's presidency smoothed over the process - it seems to me snubbing Ivanka would be a bad political move for the Chinese.
    God anointed Trump, he can do no wrong, and he's the best thing since Reagan!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Surely you liberals can come up with some legitimate criticisms of Trump. Heck, his supporters might even end up agreeing with you. But peddling this fake news crap? That just destroys your credibility.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

13. Amen Mountain Man, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Excellent portrait of Donald Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank