Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald and Ivanka Trump - Kissy face and huggy bear bear with China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald and Ivanka Trump - Kissy face and huggy bear bear with China?

Gone is the rhetoric of evil China, and now! Well . . . ah. business as usual, and President Xi Jinping is really, really a nice guy, ah . . . like Putin. Lots pf cheek warming and the rubbing wallets going on here.

Source: https://thinkprogress.org/ivanka-trump-business-china-723a9e7b0f7

Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago coincided with Ivanka Trump receiving new Chinese trademarks Days later, President Trump broke a campaign promise and decided not to label China a currency manipulator.

Within hours of the Chinese government granting provisional approval of three trademarks allowing Ivanka Trump to sell branded products in her name on April 6, Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner had dinner with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago, according to an Associated Press report.
    The monopoly rights would allow Ivanka to expand the Ivanka Trump Marks LLC brand into China, as she begins to launch her new activewear and an affordable jewelry collection. She will also be able to sell her brand’s jewelry, bags, and spa services.

There’s no hard evidence that Ivanka’s trademark approval was related to the Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago. But it’s clear that even as Ivanka has tried to distance herself from her namesake brand, her business benefits from her political career inside her West Wing office. The trade data resource company Panjiva Inc. found that U.S. imports of her namesake merchandise were up 40 percent in the first quarter of this year — coinciding with the time frame her father has been in office.

Days after the meeting between the two world leaders, President Trump had only nice things to say about the Chinese president. Less than a week after meeting with the president, Trump reneged on his campaign promise to penalize China for being a “currency manipulator” and instead said that China hasn’t manipulate its currency for months. He added that “taking the step now could jeopardize his talks with Beijing on confronting the threat of North Korea,” the Wall Street Journal reported.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

So in your universe huge political favors are required to get trademarks to make handbags?
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      So in your universe huge political favors are required to get trademarks to make handbags?
      well she's using the white house position to do this. at what point to we say cut this illegal crap out?
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I love it. Typical liberal news story. All innuendo and accusations, but they did put in this disclaimer: "There’s no hard evidence that Ivanka’s trademark approval was related to the Chinese president’s trip to Mar-a-Lago."

sheesh, the depths these reporters will go to to create fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          well she's using the white house position to do this. at what point to we say cut this illegal crap out?
          When there is actual evidence of it?

Comment

No, but in the universe of China it means whether you are protected in their market against rip offs, and given priority of any of these goods made in China to prime Chinese market.

I lived in China nine years and knew a number of executives of companies do in business in China, and trying to do business. If you do not pay through the nose, and sacrifice your ethics, you do not succeed. General Motors and Chrysler took the high road, and are not really succeeded . BMW and Volkswagun paid through the nose for influence, and dominate the market in China in their cars and other vehicles.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              No, but in the universe of China it means whether you are protected in their market against rip offs, and given priority of any of these goods made in China to prime Chinese market.

I lived in China nine years and knew a number of executives of companies do in business in China, and trying to do business. If you do not pay through the nose, and sacrifice your ethics, you do not succeed. General Motors and Chrysler took the high road, and are not really succeeded . BMW and Volkswagun paid through the nose for influence, and dominate the market in China in their cars and other vehicles.
              I don't think a multi-billion dollar automotive concern quite ranks up there with a small assortment of handbags.
              That said, I don't care if Trump's presidency smoothed over the process - it seems to me snubbing Ivanka would be a bad political move for the Chinese.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Surely you liberals can come up with some legitimate criticisms of Trump. Heck, his supporters might even end up agreeing with you. But peddling this fake news crap? That just destroys your credibility.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

2017-01-20-51602065_large.jpg
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22005[/ATTACH]
                    Excellent portrait of Donald Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      There's nothing illegal about it idiot. Where were you dumbasses when Obama was hawking books?
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Excellent portrait of Donald Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        That's a pathetic rejoinder even for you.

Comment

This whole thing is over a few handbags?
                          Is that really worth purseuing?

Comment

This whole thing is over a few handbags?
                            Is that really worth purseuing?
                            That's a pathetic rejoinder even for you.

Comment

What do you mean this is made up? Its all over NPR and ABC. Its not fake news. she sold her trade mark to the chinese while she was in a position of power. First her position is illegal. second she sells it and stands to benefit from it and any royalties gained. She shouldn't be in the White house as a paid employee in the 1st place much less making money off private business. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...trump-products
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment