Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald and Ivanka Trump - Kissy face and huggy bear bear with China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Gone is the rhetoric of evil China
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL7o6np84pg

Not that you actually care about facts!!!
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        What do you mean this is made up? Its all over NPR and ABC. Its not fake news. she sold her trade mark to the chinese while she was in a position of power. First her position is illegal. second she sells it and stands to benefit from it and any royalties gained. She shouldn't be in the White house as a paid employee in the 1st place much less making money off private business. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...trump-products
        Speculation and innuendo. There's no evidence she did anything illegal.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Really an article from NPR? There's more articles from ABC NBC CBS CNN etc.....and in the end even if she puts the money in a trust and in her in law's name she still gets the royalties when she's out of office? SOOOOOO At BARE minimum its VERY disinginuous, and how do you suppose the law of the land reads about this?
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What do you mean this is made up? Its all over NPR and ABC. Its not fake news. she sold her trade mark to the chinese while she was in a position of power. First her position is illegal. second she sells it and stands to benefit from it and any royalties gained. She shouldn't be in the White house as a paid employee in the 1st place much less making money off private business. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...trump-products
            er what? You don't sell your trademarks to a government. The government issues you a trademark. It is a "copyright" on a brand. It is defensive in nature allowing you to have exclusive rights to your brand so nobody else can copy the brand/logo. It only prevents others from selling knockoffs. Well it allows you to sue them if they do. There are no royalties involved. And her company has been in a trust, so she didn't do anything regarding the trademarks, her company did. And she is not getting paid a cent for her job in the White House.

Comment

Really an article from NPR? There's more articles from ABC NBC CBS CNN etc.....and in the end even if she puts the money in a trust and in her in law's name she still gets the royalties when she's out of office? SOOOOOO At BARE minimum its VERY disinginuous, and how do you suppose the law of the land reads about this?
              Again, no royalties (unless they want to license some other company to sell their products but that would be dumb and defeat the purpose of having a trademark in China) but the WHOLE purpose of putting the company in a trust while holding public office is to keep you from running the company yourself, NOT to stop you from getting the profits after you leave office. The company goes back to your control and any money you made during the time is yours.

Comment

Look, you can link to every liberal (fake) news source on the internet, but until one of them goes beyond idle speculation and presents hard evidence of illegal activities, this is a non-story.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  I don't think a multi-billion dollar automotive concern quite ranks up there with a small assortment of handbags.
                  I gave it only as an example. Chinese markets are closed and manipulated only for the benefit of China in all aspects of the economy. The Ivanka Trump deal is worth milions of dollars for the Trumps.

That said, I don't care if Trump's presidency smoothed over the process - it seems to me snubbing Ivanka would be a bad political move for the Chinese.
                  I care that there is a conflict of interest, and Trumps about face on his position on China. I seriously doubt that he wil seriously deal with the problems of price fixing and market flooding by China in the USA market.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-21-2017, 06:16 AM.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Again, no royalties (unless they want to license some other company to sell their products but that would be dumb and defeat the purpose of having a trademark in China) but the WHOLE purpose of putting the company in a trust while holding public office is to keep you from running the company yourself, NOT to stop you from getting the profits after you leave office. The company goes back to your control and any money you made during the time is yours.
                    Putting a company in trust would mean you have absolutely no involvement with the company whatsoever, and this is not the case. Ivanka Trump was clearly involved in international marketing in China for the products of her company.
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Putting a company in trust would mean you have absolutely no involvement with the company whatsoever, and this is not the case. Ivanka Trump was clearly involved in international marketing in China for the products of her company.
                      except she is not. You merely claim she is.

Comment

If she was so "clearly involved" then where's the evidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          except she is not. You merely claim she is.
                          The evidence is clear, her trip to China resulted in the coveted commercial endorsement and stamp of copyright approval for the products of her company in China.

I do not buy the coincidence that all these visits and meetings coincided with Donny boy's about face on China, and the endorsement of Ivanka's company in China, and yes millions of dollars of profit for Ivanka's company.

The smoking gun is on the floor.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-22-2017, 08:14 AM.

Frank

Comment

I care that there is a conflict of interest
                            Did you care that there was a conflict of interest when Obama was hawking his books?
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Or when the Clinton Foundation was accepting huge "donations" while Hillary was Secretary of State?

Comment

The evidence is clear, her trip to China resulted in the coveted commercial endorsement and stamp of copyright approval for the products of her company in China.
                                what trip to China is that?

I do not buy the coincidence that all these visits and meetings coincided with Donny boy's about face on China, and the endorsement of Ivanka's company in China, and yes millions of dollars of profit for Ivanka's company.

The smoking gun is on the floor.
                                What endorsement? A trademark is not an endorsement. It is a legal protective document to keep others from copying your brand. It doesn't help sell your products, or promote your products, it just protects people from pirating your products. Every country in the west recognizes trademarks without any special approval. China is supposed to also, and they did.

Comment