Does anyone know how I can...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    of course if this is a payout for a class action suit against the apartment complex, then the apartment complex might not be cooperative.
    It's not. It's for shares in a Mutual Fund I started many years ago that I thought were gone. Apparently, Fidelity's detective skills are non existent as I've had an account with them for going on 20 years but they couldn't match up the two accounts...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Nope! Apartment complex has changed hands several times and their records only go back to 2007. I need record from 1991. Next I guess I'll try CP's suggestion and check with vehicle registration folks.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Apparently you didn't exist 25 years ago.

Comment

Called a number to what should be my employer at the time...I got lucky because the business has been sold (I think). They only have a handwritten change of address note from the bookkeeper at the time. **Sigh** Nothing on official letterhead or official office memo...or anything like a pay check stub.

Comment

Apparently you didn't exist 25 years ago.
            Well...at least for about 6 months I didn't...

Comment

I had my buddy who's a local LEO run my drivers license through the system...only address it has is for my current address...so no luck there. I'll try the vehicle registration folks next, then if no joy, I'll call the State Comptrollers office and see if they have any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                I had my buddy who's a local LEO run my drivers license through the system...only address it has is for my current address...so no luck there. I'll try the vehicle registration folks next, then if no joy, I'll call the State Comptrollers office and see if they have any ideas.
                Why do you have to prove your old address? Fidelity should have your social security number on file for tax purposes. even if you have two different accounts. Both should have the same social security number and that would prove you are the same person.

Comment

Vehicle registration purges their systems every ten years and was no help. I'm going to call the State Comptrollers office next to see if a Sworn Affidavit will work.

Comment

Why do you have to prove your old address? Fidelity should have your social security number on file for tax purposes. even if you have two different accounts. Both should have the same social security number and that would prove you are the same person.
                    Apparently, Fidelity has transferred them to the State comptroller (lost property) and washed their hands of it.

ETA: Maybe I could call Fidelity and see if they can transfer them back...great idea Sparko!
                    Last edited by Littlejoe; 04-25-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Apparently, Fidelity has transferred them to the State comptroller (lost property) and washed their hands of it.

ETA: Maybe I could call Fidelity and see if they can transfer them back...great idea Sparko!
                      even if they cant transfer them back, they might still have records of you owning it with your SS#

Comment

even if they cant transfer them back, they might still have records of you owning it with your SS#
                        Fidelity was no help...(although the agent I spoke with tried...or so it seemed) But I called the Comptrollers office and they said (in spite what was plainly written on the instructions) that all they needed was a copy of my DL and SS Card and that would be sufficient. Wished I had called them first.

Comment

Fidelity was no help...(although the agent I spoke with tried...or so it seemed) But I called the Comptrollers office and they said (in spite what was plainly written on the instructions) that all they needed was a copy of my DL and SS Card and that would be sufficient. Wished I had called them first.
                          cool. I figured it had to be tied to your SS# somehow.

Comment

BTW, you owe me 50% for my helpful advice.

Comment

The check is in the mail...

Comment

The check is in the mail...
                                Old Grizzly Bear joke... blah blah blah... punchline... The Czech is in the male.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment