Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Simultaneous Power Grid Failures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous Power Grid Failures?

I don't know, this does seem like more than a coincidence.

A series of subsequent power outages in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City left commuters stranded and traffic backed up on Friday morning. Although the outages occurred around the same time, there is as of yet no evidence that they were connected by anything more than coincidence.

The first outage occurred at around 7:20 a.m. in New York, when the power went down at the 7th Avenue and 53rd Street subway station, which sent a shockwave of significant delays out from the hub and into the rest of the subway system. By 11:30 a.m. the city’s MTA confirmed that generators were running again in the station, although the New York subways were set to run delayed into the afternoon.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-grid-failures
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's hard to believe that's coincidence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I've read that power grids are connected.
      One going down will often pull nearby power grids down.

Either that or the zombies are coming.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

New York and LA aren't exactly near each other.

Comment

Random data is often clustered. I doubt it was an act of terrorism.

Comment

Proof of concept before a wide-scale attack?

Maybe I've watched too many action movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Proof of concept before a wide-scale attack?

Maybe I've watched too many action movies.
              I read it and 'Live Free or Die Hard' came to mind.
              We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
              - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
              In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
              Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

you all are too quick to assume it was roguetech

Comment

solar activity? sun storms have knocked out power grids before

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    you all are too quick to assume it was roguetech
                    AykWHUF.gif

Recently Ideas and Discoveries magazine exposed the covert actions of squirrels in general:

It's not Anonymous & Co. but rather squirrels that are the most successful hackers in the world— when it comes to so-called critical infrastructure. This includes a country’s power stations, communication networks, and other fundamental institutions or facilities. To date, while hackers can boast of just four successful cyberattacks of this kind globally, the number of attacks carried out by squirrels is at least 1,000 times higher. Nevertheless, it’s criminal human hackers who continue to dominate the headlines, even though evidence of the havoc they can wreak is still in short supply. That’s not the case with squirrels: Fox and gray squirrels carry out around 300 attacks every year in Austin, Texas, alone. No one can count all of their attacks—or even make an estimate—because some of them only last for fractions of a second and cause a brief flickering of lights at most. But the tiny creatures can also have a big impact: They’ve shut down the world’s second-largest stock exchange, the Nasdaq, twice. In Tampa, Florida, a squirrel chewing wires at a water-treatment facility led to an emergency: For 37 hours, residents had to boil their tap water before drinking it. And at an electrical substation in Canada, a squirrel managed to spark a 5,400°F fireball, which cut off electricity to a 96,500-square-mile area for an hour. “The number one threat experienced to date by the U.S. electrical grids is squirrels,” according to former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) John Inglis.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22047[/ATTACH]

Recently Ideas and Discoveries magazine exposed the covert actions of squirrels in general:

It's not Anonymous & Co. but rather squirrels that are the most successful hackers in the world— when it comes to so-called critical infrastructure. This includes a country’s power stations, communication networks, and other fundamental institutions or facilities. To date, while hackers can boast of just four successful cyberattacks of this kind globally, the number of attacks carried out by squirrels is at least 1,000 times higher. Nevertheless, it’s criminal human hackers who continue to dominate the headlines, even though evidence of the havoc they can wreak is still in short supply. That’s not the case with squirrels: Fox and gray squirrels carry out around 300 attacks every year in Austin, Texas, alone. No one can count all of their attacks—or even make an estimate—because some of them only last for fractions of a second and cause a brief flickering of lights at most. But the tiny creatures can also have a big impact: They’ve shut down the world’s second-largest stock exchange, the Nasdaq, twice. In Tampa, Florida, a squirrel chewing wires at a water-treatment facility led to an emergency: For 37 hours, residents had to boil their tap water before drinking it. And at an electrical substation in Canada, a squirrel managed to spark a 5,400°F fireball, which cut off electricity to a 96,500-square-mile area for an hour. “The number one threat experienced to date by the U.S. electrical grids is squirrels,” according to former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency (NSA) John Inglis.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22048[/ATTACH]
                      A longer version since it's obvious you want it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

0000000000000mbts.jpg

Comment

Put down the Bruce Willis movies and find something real to watch.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                            I've read that power grids are connected.
                            One going down will often pull nearby power grids down.

Either that or the zombies are coming.
                            This is why Texas has our own grid.

img_5512151ab33d3.jpg
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              Put down the Bruce Willis movies and find something real to watch.
                              I thought "Die Hard" was a documentary series?

Comment