Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump would beat Clinton again, win popular vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
    Trump combines within himself and his presidency the Alzheimer's / dementia and TV-watching of Reagan, with the keen intellect and knowledge of Bush Jr, the corruption of Hillary Clinton, the pathological lying of Ben Carson, the womanizing of Bill Clinton, levels of golf-playing that Obama's worst critics imagined the man did, and the 4am twitter rants of... oh, no that's just Trump, no one else in politics does that. No wonder he's setting popularity records.

After all, in his first 100 days he's... declared that the '100 day' thing is arbitrary and that it's unreasonable for journalists to ask him why he hasn't achieved any of legislative things that his website promised he would do in the first 100 days. Meanwhile 85% of the 554 key executive branch positions that need Senate-approved presidential appointments are still waiting on Trump to name a nominee, and Trump is off visiting one of his properties for the 12th weekend in a row.
    He could probably accomplish more if he didn't have to fight the Democrats, Republicans, and mainstream media for every inch of progress. There's also the fact that the liberal media is loath to mention a single one of his accomplishments, giving low-information morons like you the impression that he hasn't done anything.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The fact that this Washington Post/ABC News poll showed that not only would Trump would win again if the election was held again today, but would also win the popular vote by a substantial margin has been very shocking to the liberal media. I think that they were more than a little startled and worried that there incessant attacks against Trump are having little to no effect. That the media narrative is being rejected. Of course when virtually everyone understands that you're little more than a propagandist it is difficult to convince people of anything.

More over, perhaps it is starting to finally sink in that it just may be that Trump won not because of any supposed Russian interference but because their candidate was truly ghastly.

Still, keep in mind, this is just a poll and polling has been far from accurate the past few years -- especially when Trump is involved in the mix.
      I've heard it said before that Trump was one of the worst candidates, but Hillary Clinton was even worse. The media still hasn't figured that out yet.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Hillary Clinton hardly passes as a human being much less a viable political candidate.
        Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment