Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is nothing like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    you misspelled "breitbart", period,...
    So I did.
    ... and as far as I can tell you and the rest of the whackjob liberal squad here spend more time on Breitbart than anyone else
    Then you need to recalibrate your brain. I don't read breitbart, apart from following the occasional extract provided here, and never have.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
      Er, sorry. I've just spotted I misread your comment as "The people are voting against their own interests...". LOL. Ignore my previous comment!
      The fact that we can't tell the difference between this and your usual insanity says a lot.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        So I did.Then you need to recalibrate your brain. I don't read breitbart, apart from following the occasional extract provided here, and never have.
        For someone who never reads them you sure seem incensed about them, as if your opinions are all transplanted from somewhere else.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

For someone who never reads them you sure seem incensed about them, as if your opinions are all transplanted from somewhere else.
          I have no idea where you got the idea that I am 'incensed' by br[ie]tbart. Are you confusing me with some-one else?
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I have no idea where you got the idea that I am 'incensed' by br[ie]tbart. Are you confusing me with some-one else?
            Well you accused others of being brainwashed by them. Nobody accuses people of being brainwashed by someone they like. So it's fair to conclude you're not happy with them.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Well you accused others of being brainwashed by them. Nobody accuses people of being brainwashed by someone they like. So it's fair to conclude you're not happy with them.
              No, I suggested that some-one was letting breitbart do their thinking for then*. Not quite the same thing, and critical of the person, not the source.

Though what I've seen of breitbart quoted here isn't exactly inspiring. Most of their articles seem to start something like 'We saw a guest on Fox News claim to have read an anonymous source from an unnamed foreign agency saying that some-one else reported... It's not exactly investigative journalism.

*sic

Comment

Though what I've seen of breitbart quoted here isn't exactly inspiring. Most of their articles seem to start something like 'We saw a guest on Fox News claim to have read an anonymous source from an unnamed foreign agency saying that some-one else reported... It's not exactly investigative journalism.

That's how 99.99% of news media operates, including corporate media like CNN. The reason why leftists rage endlessly about Breitbart is ideology, not mode of operation.

Comment

I find it hilarious that he just randomly brought it up in this thread, and now he's insisting that he doesn't really think about them or pay them any attention.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-24-2017, 11:24 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's how 99.99% of news media operates, including corporate media like CNN. The reason why leftists rage endlessly about Breitbart is ideology, not mode of operation.
                    Then I'll stick with the 0.01%* that doesn't.

*I think it's higher than that.

Comment

What is brietbart?
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment