Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muddy Jeans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    "It shows you're not afraid to get down and dirty," the website says.
    And yet seemed specifically designed for people who are indeed "afraid to get down and dirty"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      ditto. Why would anyone want to pay for clothes that are torn up? I usually throw clothes away or give them to goodwill when they look like that. I could probably make a fortune selling my old clothes. Or heck, go to a thrift store, buy old torn up clothes for a dime and resell them for $400 to rich people.
      Rich people have already discovered Good Will and other such stores.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I see why people are so pissed about this, but I think this is just a classic case of jealousy. How many times do you see outlet malls packed on weekends with people trying to get designer brands for the cheapest price? Walk through New York and you’ll see every vendor selling fake products that they swear no one will be able to tell the difference between. We’re always trying to look rich, why can’t the rich try to look like us? http://postgradproblems.com/these-42...on-your-jeans/

Years ago a tan was the sign of being a laborer. A peaches and cream complexion was what everyone sought. Then that changed when fewer people worked on a farm and started working indoors. Then a tan became a status symbol because it showed that you had the money to just lounge around outside.

Comment

It took years for high fashion to catch up to jeans like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            It took years for high fashion to catch up to jeans like mine.
            You're a sartorial trend setter!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              My question about the muddy jeans is what is the point you want to get across? That you are a hard working man, down with the working class?
              Rich kids appropriating the looks and appearance of hard working lower class people so they can project an image of being industrious without actually having to put in the effort? It's offensive of course, and I don't get it. I'm not a person who has a hard working job, I do have a 'I'm painting a wall, or working on my bike, or doing messy stuff outdoors' pants. I wouldn't wear those as everyday wear.

Fashion is weird, and in this case a little offensive as well.

Comment