Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Got laid off yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got laid off yesterday.

It's pretty common in the type of work I do. Hopefully it won't be long before I get another job. I'm just waiting on a call from my JATC (Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee) for an offer. Regardless, I'd rather not be unemployed very long.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
    It's pretty common in the type of work I do. Hopefully it won't be long before I get another job. I'm just waiting on a call from my JATC (Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee) for an offer. Regardless, I'd rather not be unemployed very long.
    Are you still a paramedic?

Comment

THAT's why you stopped by here.

()
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Are you still a paramedic?
        No. I quit EMS. I'm now an apprentice electrician.
        Last edited by T-Shirt Ninja; 04-25-2017, 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
        "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
        -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

cool. are you wanting to work in residential repair and install or commercial/construction?

Comment

According to my buddy who's in construction...there's a shortage of electricians so getting licensed and eventually Master status will probably give you work for life!
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

cool. are you wanting to work in residential repair and install or commercial/construction?
              I currently work in industrial and commercial.
              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                According to my buddy who's in construction...there's a shortage of electricians so getting licensed and eventually Master status will probably give you work for life!
                That's good news to hear. The difficulty for me is that I work union jobs, which haven't had a ton of success (especially in Alabama). I wouldn't go non union, though. The benefits and other opportunities are too good.
                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

That's good news to hear. The difficulty for me is that I work union jobs, which haven't had a ton of success (especially in Alabama). I wouldn't go non union, though. The benefits and other opportunities are too good.
                  That really depends on where you are. IDK about Alabama, here in Texas, there's a lot of jobs to be had all over, some that are union and some that are non-union...and a shortage means more money!
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I currently work in industrial and commercial.
                      I started out as an electrician, working in manufacturing, wiring electrical panels for cleaning machines. I had gone to school for electronics but also had a background in electrical work. I moved from there to electronic technician then eventually to electrical designer, designing the electrical systems for the machines I used to wire the panels for.

There should always be something you can do. You might even consider working installing cable, or burglar alarms.

Comment

I avoided the union like a plague when I did electrical work. Because they are the plague.

Comment

There should always be something you can do. You might even consider working installing cable, or burglar alarms.
                          I'm eventually going to learn fire alarms and motors. I plan on learning instrumentation after I turn out as a journeyman.
                          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I avoided the union like a plague when I did electrical work. Because they are the plague.
                            Lol, it's not for everyone.
                            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

And there goes my first week of not being hired. I applied for unemployment today.
                              -Marcus Aurelius

Comment