Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama To Occupy Wall Street!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Most billionaires are libertarian. Libertarians are right-wing on economics.
    There are about 2,043 billionaires in the world (if we're just talking about the US, there's 565). Have you or anyone else compiled the political leanings of all of them in order to make this statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      New York City Billionaires: (80% Democrat)
      Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrean.../#1b04c8c55315

General Billionaire Giving:
      http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...-on-top-114151
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiasa.../#5bb901193e83

It appears the billionaires are pretty evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.
      I don't see the Libertarian party as anything more than a blip on the radar.
      Republican/Democrat donations say little about ideology. In fact billionaires routinely grease both parties' hands to keep things running smoothly for themselves. The Koch Brothers are libertarians but they still donate mostly to republicans precisely because the major parties are where the influence is. They're party affiliations and if you're wondering why republicans have so much trouble doing just about everything except cutting taxes for the rich, it's because their billionaire donors are also mostly liberals and libertarians. The Mercers are the only major league Republican donors I can think of that are genuinely conservative.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Most billionaires are libertarian. Libertarians are right-wing on economics.
        No, there are some libertarian billionaires but most are progressive*.

*in the sense that they mostly push progressive issues, I suspect a good chunk, if not most of them only push progressivism because it makes the masses easier to manipulate and couldn't care less about the ideology itself.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          No, there are some libertarian billionaires but most are progressive*.

*in the sense that they mostly push progressive issues, I suspect a good chunk, if not most of them only push progressivism because it makes the masses easier to manipulate and couldn't care less about the ideology itself.
          Good post, although I take exception with you calling progressivism an 'ideology'.
          Getting stoned and hunting the bar scene for 'tail' is really more of an anti-ideology.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It doesn't get much more "progressive" than rubbing elbows with Wall Street billionaires. Some of the richest people in America are liberals.

Although I find it interesting that you equate wealth with conservatism. I wonder why that is?
            because rich liberals do not the fit false narrative he and his fellow leftist want everyone to buy into. That conservatives are all rich people who got there on the backs of the poor. Rather then the truth that being rich does not necessarily mean you are a cheater. and being conservative does not mean and never has meant you don't care about the poor.
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I posted facts and figures in this thread.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                Good post, although I take exception with you calling progressivism an 'ideology'.
                Getting stoned and hunting the bar scene for 'tail' is really more of an anti-ideology.
                Hunting the bar scene for 'tail' is Pick-Up Artist stuff these days, progressives consider that misogynistic.

Comment

... progressives consider that misogynistic.
                  Good, maybe they will stop breeding...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Hunting the bar scene for 'tail' is Pick-Up Artist stuff these days, progressives consider that misogynistic.
                    They're progressives.
                    That post has nothing to do with women.

Comment