Announcement

Collapse

World History 201 Guidelines

Welcome to World History 201.

Find out if Caesar crossed the Rubicon or threw a dollar across it.

This is the forum where world history, in general, can be discussed. Since the WH201, like the other fora in the World History department, is not limited to participation along lines of theology, all may post here.

Please keep the Campus Decorum in mind when posting here--while 'belief' restrictions are not in place, common decency is.

The Tweb rules are in force . . . we're watching you.
Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Steven Anderson on Darius the Mede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Anderson on Darius the Mede

The book is here.

To sum it up, Dr. Anderson argues that Darius the Mede is Cyaxares II and against and he gives a summary of his arguments as follows.

Major Supporting Arguments Made in This Work
    Last edited by Quantum Weirdness; 04-26-2017, 06:12 PM.
    -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

I tend to go with Gobaru (=Gobyras), as per the Nabonidus Chronicle. Not Ugbaru, who died a few weeks after the conquest of Babylon.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Interesting.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Link is down.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Link is down.
          It's still available on Academia.edu (I just downloaded it).
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X